Phantis Forums

PAO Youth Team 2004-2005 season

Evergreen

Day 1: Ionikos 0 Panathinaikos 1

Panathinaikos was unlucky during the game striking the upright and cross-bar on 2 occasions until Periklis Bousinakis scored in the 3rd minute of injury time to give the PAO juniors the 3 points.

Day 2: Skoda Xanthi 3 Panathinaikos 7

A rampaging Panathinaikos demolished one of Greece's best youth production teams. Stelios Kritikos scored 3, Christos Oxizoglou chipped in with 2 whilst Tseberidis and Bousinakis also got themselves on the scoresheet.

PAO's line-up: Sikalias, Travlos, Tripotseris, Siontis(73' Katranas), Tseberidis, Pantelis(65'Thomas), Oxizoglou, Kritikos, Bousinakis, Zoras(55' Goumas).

Day 3: Panathinaikos 6 Apollon Kalamarias 0

The PAO youth team put on another exhibition yesterday taking "The Pontians" apart with a 6-0 scoreline. The goalscorers were: 2 from Pantelis and one each from Zoras, Bousinakis, Kokolakis and Kritikos.

PAO's line-up: Sikalias, Stathis, Travlos(60' Kokolakis), Tripotseris, Siontis, Tseberidis, Pantelis, Oxizoglou (16' Thomas), Kritikos, Bousinakis, Zoras (80' Goumas).

Day 4: Egaleo 0 Panathinaikos 1

Tseberidis scored PAO's winner in injury time with a 35 metre thunderbolt!

Day 5: Panathinaikos 8 Kerkira 0

Panathinaikos continued its rampaging course in the Youth championship, this time putting Cofu to the sword with an 8-0 drubbing.

Goumas scored a hat-trick whilst Kritikos scored 2 and one each from Pantelis, Oxizoglou and Tseberidis!

Line-up:Sikalias, Stathis(46' Belebetis),Travlos(46'Pagalis), Tripotseris, Siontis, Tseberidis, Oxizoglou, Zoras, Pantelis, Goumas(Koutsilas), Kritikos.

Day 6: Panionios 0 Panathinaikos 2

PAO's rampaging course in the Greek Youth League continued on the weekend this time beating Panionios away 2-0 with Oxizoglou and the "usual suspect" Stelios Kritikos bagging another goal.

Day 7: Panathinaikos 2 Iraklis 0

PAO's youth team won again, this time ravaging Iraklis 2-0

Stelios Kritikos was again the main man bagging 2 goals (27', 38'). Haven't had the chance to see him but from whatI've been hearing, another "Dimi Papadopoulos" is in creation!

Panathinaikos: Sikalias, Stathis, Travlos, Tripotseris, Siontis(89' Parkalis), Tseberidis, Pantelis, Oxizoglou, Kritikos, Goumas(55' Kutsilas), Zoras (65' Kokolakis)

Day 8: Kalithea 3 Panathinakos 3

Report, line-ups and scorers not available.

Day 9: Panathinaikos 3 Aris 2

Report, line-ups and scorers not available

Day 10: Panathinaikos 2 Olympiakos 0

PAO's youth team beat Olympiakos 2-0 at the Paiania Sports centre infront of 400 PAO fans. Both goals where scored by Stelios Kritikos (30', 80')

PAO: Sikalias, Stathis, Travlos, Tripotseris, Siontis, Tseberidis, Pantelis (85’ Koutsilas), Oxizoglou (84’ Papathanasiou), Kritikos, Goumas (50’ Kokolakis), Zoras.

Day 11: Ergotelis 1 Panathinaikos 1

Panathinaikos dropped it's 1st points of the season drawing 1-1 in Crete. PAO equalised 10 minutes from time with a Christos Oxizoglou goal.

Day 12: Panathinaikos 3 Chalkidona 0

Another big win against a strong opponent with the 3 goals scored by Goumas('45), Oxizoglou(70') and Pantelis(77')

PAO: Sikalias (58', Papathanasiou), Stathis, Travlos, Tripotseris, Siontis, Tseberidis(46' Koutsilas), Pantelis, Oxizoglou, Kritikos, Goumas, Zoras(80' Belevetis)

Day 13: PAOK 0 Panathinaikos 2

Scorers and line-ups not available

Day 14: Panathinaikos 1 AEK 0

Panathinaikos continued their unbeaten run this time disposing of AEK with a 1-0 scorline. Christos Oxizoglou was the scorer.

Day 15: OFI Crete 0 Panathinaikos 2

Another win for Panathinaikos this time over OFI with 2 goals from Christos Oxizoglou.

Day 16: Panathinaikos 5 Ionikos Nikeas 1

scorers and line ups not available.

Day 17: Panathinaikos 4 Skoda Xanthi 0

Day 18: Apollon Kalamarias 1 Panathinaikos 1

Day 19: Panathinaikos 1 Egaleo 2

The team seems to have lost its way ever since Fylakouris was promoted to coach and assistant coach of the senior team, losing its 1st game of the season[/b]

Day 20: Kerkira 1 Panathinaikos 5

Day 21: Panathinaikos 2 Panionios 0

• 5 weeks later...

it's already crsytal clear that Panathinaikos has the best youth setup in Greece but the destructures of Xanthi, Kalamaria and Kerkyra offer me that the youth football for Greece is not as good as I thought... Of course, PAO has some future-stars in Bousinakis, Siontis and Kritikhos but I do not see any resistance in the other teams except Aigalaio and Ionikos...

For history's sake I'll tell you a result of out youth team back in 1993-94

In a tourney which featured PAO, Feyenoord, Gronigen and Manchester United, PAO beat Man United 3-1 and won the trophy after also beating Gronigen in the 1st game.

Players who featured for PAO were: Chalkias,Goumas, Basinas, Karagounis and Theodoros Papadimitriou (Appolo Athens and E8nikos Asteras later and Eolikos now)& Alexopoulos(Egaleo) whilst for Man Utd there were the like of Gary and Phil Neville, Scholes, May and Beckham!!!

Hopefull this will be our 2nd "blessed" generation. The only player that has come up for the youth team since then has been Kirgiakos!!! In 10 years just 1 player!!!

You know what the thing is though Turk? PAO might have the best youth players and team now in Greece but if none of these players are promoted and given chances, it means nothing. Because if let's say Xanthi have just 2 good enough players which are promoted to the 1st team and become so good one day the the Big-4 purchase them Xanthi will have accomplished something as opposed to us who had 5 good players, yet nothing became of them.

A good thing at the moment is that PAO has many players that are about 25 which we have set out on loan to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd division clubs and the club is monitoring them. Hopefully they will get a chance.

1) Patsiavouras (Panionios) 1985

2) Chrisafis (Aris Salonika) 1981

3) Simos(Chalkidona) 1977

4) Apostolakis(Akratitos)1985

5) Cheliotis(Akratitos)1985

6) Papadopoulos(Apollon Smyrnis) 1977

7) Bolos (Apollon Smyrnis)1985

8) Filakouris(Apollon Smyrnis) 1985

9) Kalapodis(Atromitos Pertisteri)1983

10) Koufadis (Ethnikos Asteras)1983

11) Lamprogiorgos (Ilisiakos 1978

12) Stathis(Ilisiakos)1978

13) Delmekouras(Kastoria)1980

14) Koutoulieris(Paniliakos) 1981

15) Pliagas (Prodevtiki)1985

16) Leontiou(Prodevtiki) 1984

17) Kalamaras (Ionikos) 1983

18) Vaios Tsigas (Kalithea) 1983

19) Horianopoulos, Megas, Psichontakis, Georgiou, Gaitaztis, Drystellas and Iasonidis (all Marko)

Current International we have are:

Under 21's: Darlas, Pliagas, Leontiou

Youth: Bousinakis, Sikalias, Tripotseris, Siontis, Oxizoglou and Kritikos

a player that has really imprssed me is Tsigas...i think he would be very good for us.... hey evergreen..dont we also have Manikas of paniliakos on the ranks??? i was reading over the summer that he was bought by us but remained playing at paniliakos...

15) Pliagas (Prodevtiki)1985

This guy came on as a sub against Turkey U21 on 82 mins in the game that your youngsters won 2-1 and he really impressed me with his skills... he's fast, he looked pretty much creative and he's 19...

thanks for the info EverGreen!

• 2 weeks later...

Kritikos scored 2 goals on the weekened qas PAO youth defeated iraklis youth 2-0 i cant understand why he for example wasnt put in against iraklis when their winnign 4-0 but deba was put on F*** deba put kritikos in the squad and give the kid a go!!!

I've taken the liberty of copy-pasting comments from another website on the friednly we played against Niki Volou in the new Panthessalikon Stadium yesterday which featured many of our youth team players.

We won 1-0 with Pericles Bousinakis scoring in the 75th minute.

PAO: Kotsolis(46' Tzorvas), Mitu, Raguel, Tripotseris, Konstantinidis(46' Skacel), Tseberidis, Sapanis, Sanmartean(46' Oxizoglou), Bykowski(46' Kritikos), Epale, Demba-Nyren(65' Bousinakis)

Comments by posters in another PAO forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eida to paixnidi, sto prwto hmixrono de vlepotan h omada plhn tou bykowsky, enw sto deftero me thn eisodo twn paidiwn, strwsame thn mpalla katw, eginan entypwsiakes energeies apo tous mikrous, pou edeixnan na einai 3 klaseis anwteroi apo tous "prwtous". Poly texnites oi krhtikos kai mpousinakhs, me entypwsiasan. O oksyzoglou kalos, alla oxi poly ousiastikos, edeikse pio "erasitexnhs" sto ghpedo apo tous allous pitsirikades. Alla mprosta se mitu kai epalle, edeixne kalyteros...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ekeinos pou mou arese poly htan o tsemperidis. poly kalos mesos, deixnei etoimos na paiksei se mia kali omada. prepei na parei paixnidia opwsdipote. o oxyzogloy poly kalos kai aytos anastatwse ti niki. O Kritikos den me entypwsiase. Skorare o voliotis Mpousinakis pou timithike kiolas. Anetoi oi Kotsolis kai Tzorvas sto terma, opws kai o Tripotseris stin amina (thirio einai).

400 dikoi mas sto gipedo me polla kapnogona stin arxi kai synthimata.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

emena tsemperidhs kai tripotserhs de mou polyaresan. Mou fanhkan synithismenoi ellhnes paiktes, pou yparxoun kata xiliades. Vevaia einai prwtimwteroi twn metriwn anatolikoevrwpaiwn pou mas fernoun, kai mporoun na dwsoun lyseis. Tipota eksairetiko pantws, apla ergaleia. O krhtikos ekane mia foverh energeia, pou evgale th mpala sthn plath ths amynas apo to plai me ekswteriko faltso, loukoumi sto sapanh pou xaramise thn efkairia, kai den katagrafthke afth h foverh energeia tou mikrou. Tetoies energeies mono o equi kanei ston panathinaiko. O oxyzoglou kratouse poly mpalla, flyara, alla edeikse oti exei kalh texnikh. O mpousinakhs me entypwsiase. Afto pou mou emeine pantws, einai h diathesh (logiko) h taxuthta kai to strwto podosfairo pou epaizan opte o kathenas epairne th mpalla. Fainetai oti einai doulemenoi etoimoi paiktes. Pantws mou fanhkan kalyteroi arketa th omadas tou a'hmixronou me debba, lucian, bykowsky,epalle,pantelh kai sapanh. Htan poly anousioi kai flyaroi, sto v' deixname pio demenoi kai aftomatopoihmenoi, kai mallon o logos einai oi pitsirikades sta xalf...

PAO's on-loan under 21 internationals had a good presence today in Greece's 5-0 win over Kazakstan.

Filipos Darlas and Christos Leontiou started whilst Dimitris Pliagas came on a a sub during the 2nd half to score the last 2 goals (82', 86') after Panionios' Vagelis Matzios had scored a hat trick in the proccess.

Greece: Sifakis, Petkakis, Pappas(56'Pliagas), Lagos, Fitanidis, Darlas(81' Bourbos, Spiropoulos, Goundoulakis, Leontiou, Liapakis, Mantzios(71' P.Kapetanos)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Standings after 12 days

1 ) Panathinaikos : 32 (39-9)

2 ) Chalkidona : 23 (22-12)

3 ) Olympiakos : 23 (22-16)

In the papers it is rumoured that PAO will offer proffesional contracts to 5 players because the club is afraid of losing the players for nothing just like Arsenal picked up Fabregas(Barcelona) and Flamini(Marseille) on free's because they didn't have proffesional contracts and have just paid peanuts for them (600,000) euro's.

It's most likely to be Oxizoglou, Kritikos, Bousinakis, Tripotseris and Tseberidis.

Archived