Phantis Forums

Aris - Olympiakos

Vasili0s

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You disappoint me guys.

In such an international forum where many of us can not see the game; we would like to get a reasonable match report from somebody who have seen it

Instead, most of the posts are just provocation between fans of opposite teams

thank you Vasilious for the pictures

I have some questions

1. About the goal that was disallowed in the first half' was it really offside?

2. Why somebody said here before the game "RIvaldo is still in the air" Was he injured before the game? Did he got injured during this game ?( A player was expulsed for foul on him)

Bajevic spoke something in his intreview on the radio , but because of my very limited understandig of Greek I did not understand what he has said about RIvaldo

My impression , and please correct me if i am wrong , that Oly is having difficulties in "punteria" (finishing) I do not understand much Greek but I understood the word "agonia" that was repeated many times in the radio

Even against 10 players they did not succeed to break the bunker of Aris, expect forthe one lucky goal

What about playing in the wings??

Please someone enlighten me . it is very difficult to jump to conclusions only from the radio, especcialy if the language is not very familiar

Anyhow, the positive : 6 points in 2 games :nw:

1. About the goal that was disallowed in the first half' was it really offside?

2. Why somebody said here before the game "RIvaldo is still in the air" Was he injured before the game? Did he got injured during this game ?( A player was expulsed for foul on him)

Bajevic spoke something in his intreview on the radio , but because of my very limited understandig of Greek I did not understand what he has said about RIvaldo

My impression , and please correct me if i am wrong , that Oly is having difficulties in "punteria" (finishing) I do not understand much Greek but I understood the word "agonia" that was repeated many times in the radio

Even against 10 players they did not succeed to break the bunker of Aris, expect forthe one lucky goal

What about playing in the wings??

Luz13

1: Yes, it was clearly an OFFSIDE position.

2: No, luckily Rivaldo was not injured, but Bajevic had considered keeping him on the bench for todays match for full rest ahead of the Liverpool match. He did end up starting, but was substituted early in the 2nd half ('46)

Well, we had problems , especially with our attacking build up, and more specifically on the wings with Okkas and Georgiadis, not to mention the various offsides they got trapped in with Rivaldos nifty passing. Our primary attack came from the left.

After the 0-1 from Giovanni, the team laid back a bit, Aris looked in no shape or form, capable of scoring (even befre the papadopoulo red) we were content with just keeping ball posession, and not throwing ourselves in for more. :angry:

here is a translation for you from Bajevic after the match :

We wanted the win, and we got it. As much as we could, we played, and in the 1st half we could have scored more goals. Aris held back, and just waited for an opportunity to go on the attack for the goal. After our goal , we started thinking of our match on tuesday. Olympiakos still needs alot of work to play well. Congradulations to Aris and their fans, and I wish them good luck.

From wut i heard about the Olympiakos game is some of the same old story

i mean we control the game, but waste alot of possession on missed opportunities.

Hopefully this was just a warm up for us since the big game against Liverpool is in 3 days.

Most of the players i am sure had that game in mind rather then this one or in the back of there heads granted they should have slaugther Aris ( no offense to them), but thats how highly i think of my team.

the only upside is we got the 3 points and Gio scored the goal so hopefully this a sign of good things to come.

now we can all worry about tuesday

Good luck Olympiakos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have actually watched this crappy game.... Conclusions:

Aris: Completely NON-Dangerous I dont think that they have missed a single chance during the entire game. They have an excuse however playing with ten men for more than 50 minutes but I don't think that Papadopoulos sent-off was such a bad call... The 2nd yellow might have been a bit harsh but you can't say that it was an unfair decision.... Hatzaras was also crap protesting about the goal being off-side when it was clearly ON-side with one of the aballoi Aris defenders covering the pitch-walker (new nickname based on Skywalker from star wars...)...

Thrynos: Completely crap. I won't go into much detail but I will say this.... As long as the pitch-walker and the katsiki OKKAS are playing in the squad Thrynos don't have a chance for any descent football activity.... I see a thrashing if you guys play against Liverpool as you played against Aris. Although I believe that Liverpool is not the unbeatable team that everybody talks about (in fact they are a circus only good to attend the biggest circus the premier league...) I still think that Bajevic should come to his senses and throw Giovanni out of the 22 players selection... He is not even good for taking a place in the bench... This is just an advise and I am not making fun of anyone.....

i completely agree with pappou..one of the few attacking players that is on the squad that is worth something is sitting on the bench...castillo...why isnt this kid playing??? okkas is terrible...and giovanni??? its getting to the point where i think okkas and bajvic are having an affair..he never leaves him out of the starting 11

Listen Castillo has alot of upside and is only 20 years of age

I mean Bajevic is a well respected coach and he knows wut he is doing here. he knows more then any of us thats why he is in the position he is.

My view on this is that Bajevic is trying to see wut players should be out there in the big games like the Champions league or soemthing deciding the title.

Castillo will see tiime just like he did last year injuries occur and so forth.

Okkas played out pf position paides, on the LEFT WING, cvombine that with georgiadis on the the opposing flank, you can see why we struggled. Although I can not comment as i didnt watch the game, Okkas is a solid battling striker in my opinion and in the 1st matchday was probably by far the most lethal striker until his substitution.

Castillo has shown signs of kolopaidia, so he rightly is seeing the bench, and we have Geo on the left as well, if bajevic sees him come to his sense, no doubt he will fit him in somewhere in the starting lineup in the future.

I agree with GIovanni though, he just seems so out of sync most of the time in comparison with the rest of the team. I really dont know WTF is going on, he has the ability to be great, yet choose mediocerness to right down right shiatness.

:SIGH:

Indeed Gio is in a bad form for the past 4 years!!!! :P

Unless you want to believe that last year he had a great year.... For me a player who is supposed to be the top of the team (that is how it was last year) and only score goals against Akratitos and the Tsirakia Ionikos is unacceptable... He has hardly done something in derbys (apart from the first goal in the 3-0 in Rizoupoli) or anything in Europe... The guy has to press the button 'play' at his remote control so that he can get out of the 're-play' mode.... :LOL: But this is very hard to do because he has been on a re-play for 4 years... He got used to it.... :P

Unless you want to believe that last year he had a great year.... For me a player who is supposed to be the top of the team (that is how it was last year) and only score goals against Akratitos and the Tsirakia Ionikos is unacceptable... He has hardly done something in derbys (apart from the first goal in the 3-0 in Rizoupoli) or anything in Europe... The guy has to press the button 'play' at his remote control so that he can get out of the 're-play' mode.... :LOL: But this is very hard to do because he has been on a re-play for 4 years... He got used to it.... :P

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

this is great

wow..now thats a good point!!! :D

Say anything you like about Giovani. The truth is that Giovani, like Tsiartas, seems to enjoy not only to expose the weaknesses of defences but also the inability to understand soccer.

Take Tsiartas for example. For years a healthy percentage of AEK supporters have been badmouthing him and a few Phantis experts took to calling him sack of potatoes. On the other hand, Rehaggel, for reasons the critics have not as yet figured out, not only had him in the NT, he called on him each time he needed a creative midfielder and his contribution to the cup was much greater than his minutes.

Giovani has been for years the favorite target of several wrestlers disguised as central defenders, Kyriakos being one of the best known. Soccer being a team sport, the rest of the team is supposed to step up when the "star" is double teamed as the hapless Giovani often is. Unfortunately, while OSFP may be a shark in the Greek pond, it is a carpinus in the European sea (just look at the finances of OSFP and at the finances of English clubs) and this shows in the average quality of the team.

Keep at it though boys, however good Giovani might be (and Mr wonderful he is not), a moment will come when even the most preposterous criticisms will become true. And then, you can proudly say:

You see, as I was always saying .....

Archived