Phantis Forums

I've had enough of CL TV programme

I express mu disgust to the CL programme in NET and mega...

This people have overdone it with the commercial breaks...

Commercials during the 1 hour discussion, commercials before the beginnning of each match commercials before kick-off commercials in the half times, commercials before kick-off of the 2nd half, I am simply sick of it...

I am wandering what the Radiothleoptiko symvoulio does for these shows... Honestly I haven't been able to watch a single full show in years. It starts at about 11.30 -12 and finishes 2.30 in the morning with all those stupid discussions and commercials...

Not only that but these people have re-defined the meaning of the word highlights!!! Yesturday I had to watch 'highlights' of the game Arsenal -PSV with a duration of almost 85 minutes!!!!! Why can't they show us the rest of the games and then transmit as a full game of the teams of the same group....

Anyway I won't be bothered again, I think the best solution is to put a tape in the video and leave it on recorde long play for 5 hours and watch it the next day in FF...

Elasonpapou.

From the sounds of it you must be in Greece right?

Well let me tell you my friend. I'm here in the states and I can tell you that we're lucky if we can get 1 game per week of CL and that's JUST the game. Be thankful that you can actually see the games because over here we have to search for them and when we do, we have to drive 3 hours to watch them... It sucks being over here.

Commercials during the 1 hour discussion, commercials before the beginnning of each match commercials before kick-off commercials in the half times, commercials before kick-off of the 2nd half, I am simply sick of it...

Got to pay for the rights from UEFA somehow. You should be happy they don't play commercials during the actual game.

I would love to have those Champions Leaque pre-game shows from ERTsat and MEGAcosmos, even with commercials, over here in the U.S.A. I wonder if there is anything we can do, to get those bozos that decide on the Satellite programming to add those programs to their feed.

I know that MEGA has been broadcasting SUPER MPALA for years in Greece, but nothing here. They now got the two reporters from ERT's ATHLITILI KYRIAKI (Karpetopoulos & Panoutsos) to do that show. I just hope that ERT will at least be bringing us ATHLITIKI KYRIAKI this season. Otherwise, we will be completely screwed as far as SPORTS PROGRAMS go.

Papou, count yourself very lucky you get what you do. We are really been treated like second class citizens here from ERT, MEGA and Antenna. And we have to pay for it too (well, I used to pay but not anymore - I cancelled my subscription a while back for the way they have been treating us here).

I do not know what NOVA charges, but in the USA the 3 Greek channels (ERTsat, MEGAcosmos and ANT1) cost around 38.5 Euros per month. For that money, you get a ton of old Soap Operas which repeat themselves year after year, identical news programs every day that say the same things over and over again, "Ta mystika tis Thias Vefas, tin Eleni Menegaki, to Exei Gousto kai ton Omorfo Kosmo twice a day (once on replay) and other bulshit like that.

During the Olympics, ERT completely dropped their regular Satellite programming, and bored everyone with some old documentaries. They did not even have news as far as I know and no Olympics coverage whatsoever, not even Highlites!

I guess all of the personell was too busy making sure there would be no more blackouts after that first day football game fiasco!!

As far as football:

ETHNIKI: Nothing

ELPIDWN: Nothing

Champions Leaque: Nothing

UEFA: Nothing (actually I do recall been surprised once, when MEGA showed a PANATHINAIKOS game which was a "Prosfora of PAO to the Greeks abroad").

Which tells me that the cheap bastards of the Satellite channels do not want to pay for the European games.

PROTATHLIMA and KYPELLO: We do not know what will happen this year, but at least up to last season, ERT would give us some games on Time Delay and ANT1 would broadcast all the OLYMPIAKOS home games.

Why don't you stop subscribing to the bastards? :huh:

Apart from the matches with Greek interest don't think that we are watching european football. We just watch commercials with a little bit of football.... ;)

pappou i wish i was subscirbing

yes they are a ripoff

but i have to admit and i feel there is no arguement

NOVA's supersport channels and package with all greek channels are the best in the entire world

They show

Greek league :tup:

Champions League :tup:

Spanish League

Portugues League

German League

Italian League

English League :tdown:

UEFA Cup

TV MAGIC :lol:

MAD

MAD REMPETIKA :tup:

in any other country's channels you dont get that sort of selection even here in Italy the Sky and SkyCalcio dont show as much........

• 2 weeks later...

Archived