Phantis Forums

Southern California soccer fans UNITE!

This is a plea to all fans residing in the So Cal area:

There are places that want to show the Greek games either on Setanta or Teleantenna!!!

However, the feed is very expensive, $ 400-500 per game

I have called the establishments numerous times and are willing to make the "investment" if there is enough interest

The problem is not enough people show up, therefore they lose money.

We have to commit to those businesses and they WILL deliver

I guess the magic number would be 25 show ups x $20 = 500

Lets ALL UNITE and show our support

If you know any Dutch, Norwegians, English, recruit them for the PAO games

The same for NT games :gr: and Osfp...

PEACE

no one is gonna fork 20 dollars over, and if they do, good luck getting more than a handfull of people to come watch.

The best thing to do ? BOYCOTT SENTANTA, so those bastards will loose some nice pocket change, drop the GREEK teams and let ant sat and ert sat or whoever else the hell wants to make an offer.

Can somebody please explain to me how these idiots make money from these games, when there are maybe three establishments at best in the state of California that will show Greek teams?

And even if there was a place in Southern California, why would I want to spend gas money, get stuck in the pathetic LA freeways and then add another $20 for a game that may not even be worth watching?

Don't they know that it would be to everybody's benefit if they approached ERTsat or MEGAcosmos or ANT1 and make an agreement with one of them (or even PPV with DISH for crying out loud)?

If $400/game seems too expensive for those establishments, then anybody with a below average IQ would understand that the method TELEANTENNA and SETANTA elected to make money is simply stupid!

I have emailed Mr. Arvanitis from the ProinoMega with my complains regarding the handling of the Greek Soccer games in general. My personal opinion, as far as the Ethniki games is that:

"EPO is the biggest whore of all, because it sells itself time after time to whoever offers the most money, without ever considering the Greeks around the Globe".

It would be very simple to include a clause in those freaking agreements that would state "I will give you the rights for the Home Greek games, only if you agree that ERTsat or MEGAcosmos would also broadcast those games via satellite around the Globe".

I keep on hearing silly excuses from the sattellite channels and those who represent them here in the USA. All of them in my opinion lack basic marketing skills and common sense. That's why their subscription numbers are so low and their prices very inflated.

I cancelled my subscription right after the SPAIN-GREECE 0-1 game (EURO 2004 Qualifications). I was simply pissed off because TVE (the spanish channel on DISH) had carried the game live (and I watched it by calling DISH and subscribing to the DISH LATINO package for ONE day!!) I called the next day and cancelled everything. I see that even now RAI, RTPI and the French channel broadcast their country's games for the World Cup qualifications, but I guess Setanta thinks that we that love to see our ETHNIKI are all millionaires!!

F**K SETANTA SPORTS and if TELEANTENNA cannot offer residential service, then they should keep their nose out of the Greek games.

Both of these companies are run by Greedy Morons, Penny Wise and Dollar Foolish as the say...The same is true for the Greek satellite chanells..

For all of you fans that are angry, I agree... :tdown:

I am just another fan like you, that wants to see my teams :(

I do not support what is going on, I do not own or have any affiliation, or interest with the bars, channels or satellite providers that are manipulating our love for soccer

I think that the Greek satellite channels are absolutely worthless without sports

That is why I am not, and will not subscribe to them, unless they get their act together and show at least the games they broadcast in Greece, like all the other countries

(RTP, RAI, TVE, ect)

I want to know if there are a few fans that want to see the games, because that is what I want to do, see them

Obviously there aren't and that's fine

I will get the games from Greece like I have for many years...

Do not be kidding yourselves that BOYCOTTING Setanta or teleantenna will make any difference in Ert sat or mega cosmos showing them

They would rather sell them for "peanuts" to those companies than showing them for free to the "omogeneia"

What will make them hurt is if EVERYONE threatens and does cancel their ERT/Ant1/Mega satellite subscriptions if they do not commit to showing Greek sports !!!

Bottom line, if I have NO other choice...

I would rather spend $40 a month to watch two Greek games live, than a whole month of garbage TV from the Greek sat channels!!!

That's just MY opinion

A quick fix would be to get the games on PPV, but that still will cost ...

I just, do not see the Greek channels showing CL, Uefa or WC games for free

They never have as far as I know...

PEACE

Archived