Phantis Forums

The best Greek Olympic Athlete?

Elastonpappou 13

Who was the best Greek Olympic Athlete?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Greek Olympic Athlete?

• Pirros Dimas (Weightlifting)
    • Nikos Kaklamanakis (sailing)
    • Fani Halkia (400m Herdles)
    • Lena Daniilidou (Tennis)
    • Leonidas Sabanis (Weightlifting)
    • Athanassia Tsoumeleka (20km Walk)
    • Dimosthenis Tabakos (Rings)
    • Pigi Devetzi (Triple Jump)
    • Tassoula Kelesidou (Discus)
    • Alex Nikolaidis (TaekWondo)
    • Manjiani Mirela (Javelin)

I know that it is a very difficult pole but nobody posted such a Pole so I felt we should do one. Its not a matter of discriminating against any of our athletes, but surely one of them must provided a magic, dramatic, happy, proud, etc moment to all of us...

So lets see who is the most beloved, who provided YOUR best moment of the Olympics. Please justify your answers and give examples of those moments.

Also you might add some other (I couldn't put all of them due to the poll restriction) Athletes who did not win a medal or were involved in an Olympic Team (Diving, sailing, Basketball, Polo, Elisavet Mystakidou (TaekWondo), Ilias Iliadis (Judo)etc)

Shoot...

Fani Chalkia is the stound out of the Olympics.....she did something no one believed she would do....much like our euro 2004 team....she was 100-1 odds to win and destroyed em all even breaking the Olympic record. She proved that with hard work the Greek Spirit is untouchable...

Furthermore....otan tin eida recieving her Medal and the way the 75,000 fans in OAKA sang the Greek National Anthem.....i burst out into tears of pride....this only happened at Euro 2004 Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final....Fani has touched my heart....

Furthermore also Piros Dimmas recieves close 2nd....this is a guy with a knee injury and a wrist injury and still got a bronze medal.....this is a true legend!!!!

Indeed she was amazing. However, I voted for Lena because I was there watching LIVE her stunning performance when she beat Maleeva with one leg!!! That brought tears of joy to the whole stadium, even though that Lena was never expected to win a medal... After all Tennis has a different prestige in the world compared to other sports... ;)

For the 2nd moment I would say Pirros. He made me cry as well when he went to the podium with this little jump that he makes and when he left his shoes on the stage..... :gr:

Tassoula was also great because she has never won a gold medal and she was very close to winning it. I think that she has been our most stable athlete over the years and she deserves to be considered as one of the best!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived