Phantis Forums

Gorica - AEK

Irlandos

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I can't say anything ...as I did not see our team play......

But with a little bit of luck..., we should do it.... although nothing sure....

As per now a new modus has been introduced, which makes the UEFA Cup very interesting...and also to make some money....

The teams that will pass the first round....... they will play in groups of 5 teams.

With 4 games in total. So every team has 2 Home and 2 Away games....

The first 3 of the groups pass to the next round, which will be in Cup modus as usual.

It would be fantastic to pass for AEK. In order that the young team collects experience...and the Club some money at OAKA against a good name. (additional TV money)

I hope we can do it....

But I think our team is in a very vulnerable state and I am very doubtful in our chances to progress.

I share your opinion.... but we can go through that's for sure...... if we do this is another matter...

Guys, did you see our smart, young and dynamic President sitting around the officials waiting for the draw in Monaco ? B)

People might say we have a good draw, and we might, after all, who had heard of Gorica before we were drawn to play them. However, i think people have overlooked something. We must not forget that Gorica are the Slovenian champions from 2004. But the main thing is this:

They have already started there season, and are 5 games into it. AEK havent had any compedative matches yet, only frienldies. This means that they will be fired up and ready to go, whilst, we can only hope our boys are ready to go out there and play some good football. This will not be an easy match by any stretch of the imagination, and if we think we can just go out for a stroll in the park, where in for a rude shock.

However, all this said, i think AEK should progress to the Group Stage of the UEFA Cup, though it wont be easy. It is a must that they do, to reclaim some of our lost reputation, and for the financial benefits.

Slovenian First League

Pos. Team Pld W D L GF GA Pts

1 Gorica 5 3 2 0 6 2 11

2 Mura 5 3 1 1 8 4 10

3 Primorje 4 2 2 0 5 0 8

4 Drava 5 2 2 1 4 2 8

5 Publikum 5 2 0 3 7 5 6

6 Ljubljana 5 1 3 1 5 5 6

7 Krajina 5 2 0 3 4 9 6

8 Maribor 4 1 2 1 4 4 5

9 Zagorje 5 1 2 2 3 6 5

10 Domzale 5 1 1 3 7 9 4

11 Olimpija 3 1 0 2 1 3 3

12 Koper 5 0 3 2 3 8 3

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

• 2 weeks later...

Let's prepare for the warming up of this game.....

The Facts

Gorica is in full race and had already qualifications games behind it in the very recent past for the CL Qualificatins 2004 / 05

Flora Tallinn Est Nova Gorica Slo 2-4 1-3

Nova Gorica Slo FC København Den 1-2 5-0

-(To be noted that the Slovenes lost at home the first game ...but went to Danemark and trashed the Danes with 5 - 0.... near Tivoli Park)

Nova Gorica Slo AS Monaco Fra 0-3 0-6

-(Zikos said that they had a terrible hard time in Gorica till they could score the 0 - 2.....and he thinks that it would be very difficult for AEK)

The Slovenes are much more advanced on the physical issue, have six qualification games for the CL behind them and are on full championship. Therefore their team not only is physically better prepared but also as a team are well-rehearsed.

On the other hand AEK has a new team, which first has to find itself.... , had unstable and bad results in the preparation games with the only good exception in Madrid... as good as no competition games in its legs..... and a doubtful performance in Crete las t Saturday against an inferior team...but on a bad playing surface...

Therefore clear favorite for the qualification is Gorica..... but AEK is not without any chance.....

i agree with you nightsurfer.

although i would like to think aek will progress easily, they are not the team of the past. people may say the draw has smiled on us, but reality is it is still going to be very tough. the fact the greek league starts after european competition is a disadvantage to all greek teams. that is why olympiacos has struggled soo much in europe.

everyone has such high expectations of aek. for me, if they make it to the group stage of the UEFA Cup, all my expectations are complete. people have unrealistic expecations for the season, and this is only going to lead to disapointment. eg: people saying we are going to challenge for Champs League.

to every aek fan, take it one game at a time. People are already saying we are into the 2nd round of the greek cup, reality is we still have to win the return match. as for the gorica match, i still beleive we can make it through, if we play the football that we played in Spain. however, it will not be easy, especially traveling to slovenia.

we are definately underdogs, as we will be all season, but i predict:

2-1 away loss

2-0 home win, go through 3-2 on aggregate

i will not be surprised is we dont make it however, so my expectations arent that high, but i hope the boys do the aek shirt proud.

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

Archived