• Draw 1-1
    • Draw with 2+ goals each
    • Away Team will win with a 1 goal difference
    • Away Team will win with a 2 goal difference
    • Away Team will win with a 3+ goal difference

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you joking me dava....did u watch or hear the game?? efthimiadis is the only reason you guys got the draw....did u see sanmartean get taken out in ure box and not get the call.....did u see the pk he gave, did u see why he sent off setairdis and did u not notice all the cards he gave us??? i respect AEK alot, i think u guys have a great team with many great players, but today pao played with more heart and deserved the win and we didnt get it becomes of some b.s. ref who gets paid to not give us a result...we arent blaming aek for the ref, everyone knows that thats olympiakos departement...but i think its pretty fair to say we deserved that game...

are you joking me dava....did u watch or hear the game??

Yes, actually I did watch the game. And not only that, but I also watched Athlitiki Kyriaki, which shows all the goals and fasis about 10 times, from every angle.

efthimiadis is the only reason you guys got the draw....

No way. You played Defensive the whole game. Without Basinas in the middle, AEK controlled. And without olisadebe, Konstantinou had to play by himself up front.

did u see sanmartean get taken out in ure box and not get the call.....Yes I did. An I think that was a penalty. I also saw Moras taken out in your Box. I also saw OKKAS get a elbow smash into the face that should have been ANOTHER red card, but Efthemiathis did not give it to him.

did u see the pk he gave,

Yes I did, Nali was pulled down. watch it again.

did u see why he sent off setairdis and did u not notice all the cards he gave us???

Yes, I did. Bitch to the ref and you get carded. Happens to Kasapis all the time. Then seteridis, goes and grabs Geo WITH BOTH ARMS FROM behind to stop him. THATS A YELLOW IN ANY BOOK, my friend. That is just him not playing too smart. Notice how he walked off the field. He knew he had screwed up. Remember, a yellow is a caution. Stuff you can get away with when you have not been booked is different than when you have. Here is his quote admitting he screwed up"

ok- i'm reading alot of whining from both camps here and alot of undeserved praise: both teams were utter TRASH!!!! so there was passion. big deal, have you ever heard of a derby withot passion? bu tthats not enough to qualify as quality.

we have suffered from this problem for a long time: when the team is nervous we play lousy defense in the midfield meaning that we make silly desicions that end up costing us fouls outside the area or corners. this leaves our less than great defense and "mesologgiti" keeper to fend for themselves.

we typically had no problem keeping the ball in the midfield- but feedingour offense- asta na pane. if there is no communication between the players and the bench we see things like tsartas passing through balls to chalkias all night. why not bring on rusev for a change????

but there is one mitigating factor. when the vazeloi are playing 10 men in their area defending, you dont have alot of options to score. and with okkas out of his natural position in that type of game, of course he will not play to hs level.

so inteh end- we ended scoring two, should have been three. against a team like PAO, if you score 2-3 goals, you must win.

so my primary fault goes to our teams defending. not the defesive line- the whole team.

i agree with what kostas wrote about the team as a whole being at fault for its defending. the backline played well (kostenoglou, nmoras and borbokois) all had very good games even though it is not reflected by the scoreline.

georgeas was one of our best players....i never though i'd ever say this but i'm willing to eat my words. the guy was sensational in the way he defended and the way in which he took the ball forward. still in shock :o .

anyway. lets hope that we go on a bit of a winning streak. our players however, will have to pull their finger out first.

Guest Thryleon

Do you know what pisses me off more? I see an even game, one where penalties could have been given at either end but were not, and also one that ended in a draw, but then you guys have the audacity to turn around and say that Olympiakos are paying off refs and this is why the game finished as it did. All of you should just accept the result and move on, there is no changing it now, and i can tell you that if Olympiakos keep playing the way they are at the moment, come end of season we most likely will end up third. For one game, watch it as a neutral observer, and judge the referee at both ends of the ground. I can admit when they are shocking, but you have to remember, they cant get it right 100% of the time. If any of you have played soccer before you will know that the ref is neutral until teams start disputing decisions, or start playing dirty. After the that the ref usually starts to call decisions one way or another and this is something that you should just accept and let go, not every ref is paid off, and not every decision is going to be called, and this is something that is unavoidable.

I Repeat 3 penalties... should have been given to AEK....

One handspenalty , case Moras-Hendriksen , case Kyrgiakos-Nalitzis....

One penalty to Panathinaikos case Sanmeartean - Kostenouglou...which occured just after the case Moras-Hendriksen .

The second card to Seitaridis was to severe.....comparing that in similar situations the Referee did not take even any card out....

And also in other situations... the referee was more than doubtful.......

AEK was not outstanding in his play... and we need some more time to cultivate our construction of our game ... it was more coincidence...than system in the forward game.

Guest Thryleon

And if it wasnt for Olympiakos in 99, no one would have had those runs, and Olympiakos would be the only team in CL. Remember that season we had to qualify by beating Anorthosis first, and we had won the protathlima, so Pao can thank us, and Aek can thank Pao and Olympiakos.

Guest Thryleon

Watch out....what you write....if you don't want do be classified under the unserious posters......

Below the classification.... since 99' till today........

Rank.................................................................................Total

21 Panathinaikos Gre 9.708 12.375 23.625 18.583 1.416 65.707

28 AEK Athens.... Gre 9.708 11.375 15.625 15.583 2.416 54.707

51 Olympiakos.. Gre 10.708 11.375 10.625 7.583 1.416 41.707

The above neutral classification...inseminates the speculation...that your team.... is protected in Greece.......

and therefore due to lack of real competition....... your going always....weak to Europe.

So we are talking about who got who into champions league in the first place, and Nightsurfer, you have pulled out irrelevant statistics, that do not even apply to the discussion. Earlier in this topic,

christaras13 Posted on Sep 23 2003, 11:46 PM

alot of u ''belly dancers'' have alot of courage saying stuff like that about pao

after all if it wernt for us .....

use will have been still playing maltese,lithuanian,moldavian teams in uefa cup

To which i replied, but delayed as all my post are being moderated,

Thryleon Posted on Sep 24 2003, 07:25 AM

And if it wasnt for Olympiakos in 99, no one would have had those runs, and Olympiakos would be the only team in CL. Remember that season we had to qualify by beating Anorthosis first, and we had won the protathlima, so Pao can thank us, and Aek can thank Pao and Olympiakos. 

In case i was not clear before let me try again. By making it to the quarter final, in 99, Olympiakos aided Pao and greece's chances in european competition by providing another playoff qualification, and one direct qualification. Seeing we have won the league since then, we have gotten the auto every year, with Pao playing off (Olympiakos earnt this for them by having a good run). Pao then had some good runs in europe (and Olympiakos had not become a shambles in europe just yet), which allows Aek to be in the position to be able to qualify finishing third for the last two years. By my reasoning that leaves eveerybody thanking Olympiakos, Aek thanking PAO as well as us.

Regardless of ranking, and also "protection in Greece" Sterio Sushi, here is your response to an earlier post you made about you guys not saying anything about Olympiakos match fixing, or the fact that we are going weak to europe every year (which i fully agree with, and am absolutely livid by) is irrelevant seeing as it was our first good year, which allowed Pao the chance to have their first and second good years, earning you the right to have an irrelevant year where you should have just declared all games a draw from the begining, and Gone to UEFA content that you havent embarrased yourselves in europe. You guys might remember what ive been saying about rankings, they are only followed and used by peopl who have no idea about soccer, well seeing as i have to write an essay to explain a previous post, well i think my point has been proven.

Thryleon, what you must understand file is that the points that nightsurfer produced are the UEFA Club Co-efficiants. You are mistaken that OSFP's run to the 1/4 finals in 1999 had a major bearing on the Country Co-Efficiants, and although it did have a bearing the points gathered by all of Greece's teams add to the Country's Co-Efficiant. AEK's 4th round placements in the last 3 UEFA Cups as well as gathering points last season in the CL had a bearing as did all the club's points. You cant say, OSFP or PAO or AEK are solely responsible for 3 teams in the CL. All teams assisted with this.

pao123.... is the official and very actual ranking table of UEFA how Peristeri said..., which determines if a team is seeded or not....and also it says.. how many points this team has gathered... for his country.... in order to determinate ...the amount of teams of each country in the CL (direct qualification or not)...or in the UEFA Cup.

Thryleon....in the year you are talking about...which in your eyes... is "the mother"...of the 3-Greek teams CL Saison..... namely 1999.......

in that year...as you can check Olympiakos...gathered 1 single point more ...than PAO or AEK........

Do you think that this single point made all the difference ? I don't think so..... But I can Imagine...why that year stuck in your mind....... because is the only year of 5.. (last)....that Olympiakos has gathered more points than PAO or AEK in the respective European saison..... in all other saisons.... you were the opportunistes ....and you could take profit in a double sense......

Not only we (PAO and AEK) gathered many points for you... to be seeded in the 3rd Group during CL main competition.........we also lost a lot of substance in European pitches during midweeks....where you could relax... and make Sunday for Sunday points with your fresh players......therefore you had also less risk for injuries.

Reading your theories it underlines the assumption....... that as we all know .....Thrylos means Legend......... ,

"Legende" in German....but in German you can use "Legende" also for Myth......

Therefore I think your club actually represents more a Myth than a Legend......

Archived