Phantis Forums

A nice word from a green man.

Faeton

I may start by confessing that I do support PAO, but!, I do also support greece above all. That is the reason why I bring my green rump all the way from the pao forum to this red little spot. Your management rules! The new forum, the ambitious ways of mr. Kokkalis and the great spirit that runs through the Olympiakos agenda. Still I hope that you loose all your derbys against us but it is also my sincere wish that you're innovativeness may spread to the surrounding area!

Keep up the good work, you lousy fishermen! :P

re! let's look at this in an objective view. Greek soccer may not be the cleanest contest on the shelf but we're greeks and greeks do as greeks do. I didn't put up this post for a chat about results and bribes. All I wanted to do was to tell the fans of Olympiakos that I appreciate the professional and creative structure that the club has used lately to grow and progress. I mean, go PAO but hey, I really look forward to see the new karaiskaki. The professional ways of olympiakos just might make it possible for teams like PAO and Olympiakos to start buying hot prospects and players of fame in the future!

i dont know if teams like us will ever buy huge players.....greek soccer always seems to be where young players develop their talent or older more experienced players come to finish up their careers....not sayin we dont produce good players, becuz we definitly do...but huge names i dont think will b coming to greece...i know you didnt out up the post because of bribes and such...but this is an issue in the protathlima..and its very sad that it has to happen because it not only makes the team who does it look bad, but it also makes greece look bad and makes our protathlima unfaire...its sad that these things happen and the EPO do nothing to stop it.

Guest Thryleon

You both have valid arguments, but may i ask, why is it that the only times people complain about match fixing is when the results dont go their way???? Is it perhaps because to put it plainly to hide their own teams shortcomings?? Ill be the first to admit when the refs get it wrong, and so far i havent seen anything i can complain about as yet, but then again, the only game i have seen was Olympiakos vs Paniliakos.

thryleon...the refs will always be bad no matter what...thewre are only acouple greek refs that i would consider good...faeton...i understand want u wanted to post but u needa look at the good and the bad of greek football..many teams like pao aek and oly have made alot of progress in showing the worth of greek football in europe and as a league as a whole... but the the things like bribery and scandals are holding us back....we shud get rid of all of this for the sake of our favortite teams, the fans and greek football..u dont see this kind of stuff in england or spain or italy....we are ranked the number 5 or 6 league in europe..i think wqe can make it higher if we start getting rid of all the crap thats going on...but u are right...many teams and greeece have made huge prgress

Okey, I apologise. I thougth you were heading for cheap shots with that referee talk but when you put it like that I get you. Sadly, a general improvement regarding the ethics of greek soccer will only arrive when our romiosini goes for a shapechange. It is quite obvious that greeks are prosperous in things dealing with emotion, quick taught and the catch of the day, just look at our tradefleet.. (one of the biggest in the world!). Soccer survives and breathes in greece thanks to the fans and their love for the things that the ACTUAL game can offer. Without that passion soccer would be lost in greece, a point proved over and over again by our directors and management elite. The skills of planning and faithful patience in times of development are not our strong side. We are looking for dreams and until we reach them by a strike of luck we will be struggling with bad refs and corrupt owners. But still and by all honesty, zito hellas!

Dont use understand?

Greek league will never be fixed?

Why u ask?

Because ALL Greek presidents as far as im concerned care for 2 things :

$$$ and protavlima

You think kokkalis and Kavourogiannides have a ''European dream'' the only dream they have is for one or the other to buy out a couple of refs win the protavlima and cutdown on HUGE BIG NAME SIGNINGS .....

Wheres the so called European dream? Wheres the big name signings in greek football? Wheres the World Cup stars?

We NEED BIG NAME SIGNINGS

why wouldnt vardinogianni put $$$ into players? into euro/world cup stars?

Because why should he pay 6million euros for a player when he knows hes gonna have kokkalis bribing a couple of refs wining protavlima

and then saying ''opa pirame to protavlima den theloume megales metagrafes'' and replace this nobodies/amateurs for worldcup stars ... ETSI THA PAME MPROSTA ?

Let me tell you the problem with olympiakos

the problem with olympiakos is when kokkalis bought the club .... he started out good ...invested on top players bought giovanni,gogic,zahovic.... etc etc etc ....

and with the money and a good coach could of made teams like Heeerenveen, Maccabi Haifa,etc.... would have been scared of .. but else turn around and give them sfaliares

thats my 2cents worth

i know im gonna get told off/abused here

but ay its a free public forum and i can say what i like :)

We NEED BIG NAME SIGNINGS

why wouldnt vardinogianni put $$$ into players? into euro/world cup stars?

Because why should he pay 6million euros for a player when he knows hes gonna have kokkalis bribing a couple of refs wining protavlima

and then saying ''opa pirame to protavlima den theloume megales metagrafes'' and replace this nobodies/amateurs for worldcup stars ... ETSI THA PAME MPROSTA ?

Vardinokaulis should get BIG names because he owes it to the fans that pay 50 euros for Cl games and because of all the money PAO has made from Uefa in the past 3 years, for doing so well in Europe.

That's why he should get big names and not because we need to win the Protathlima

Let Osfp win it forever if they want it

PAO should care about Europe and the mega glory and Bucks they can make there!

Ellas Europi Panathinaikos

Pao Europh olotaxos...

PEACE

Archived