Phantis Forums

Elastonpappou 13

actually i heard it was a case similar to Zagorakis- could be natural...the guy didnt seem like he doped- i mean who would get so exited to win a bronze when he cheated?

very agreed...it is becoming more common with the specific developement of the body....there have been many cases of this recently...

For me all three of our athletes are innocent!!!! They are victims of the Pasokia and other people who have been earning huge amounts of money over them for years...

Tzekos, Iakovou and all the other Pasokia have been hired to produce an olympic team with as many medals as possible no matter the cost... And thats what happened!!! They had the reassurance that nobody would check our athletes (and that is why Tzekos went to the Olympic Village and the whole thing started with Kenteris-Thanou) until the moment of the 'set-up' .....

Anyway, its a shame for Sabanis..... :(

I feel really sorry for Sambanis. The man seems to be telling the truth, that he had absolutely no idea and definitely wasnt the one who did it. Apo tin tileorasi to emathe o anthropos, gia onoma tou Theou!! :angry: Oute pou mbike ston kopo na ton enimerosei i DOE officially! :angry: Exei ginei xalia psixologika o anthropos, he might collapse. U can tell he is honest, unless hes an extremely good actor; i dont think so. The man is crying and speaking the truth in front of the cameras, not hiding inside hospitals and coming out after a week posing and talking about crucifixions and ressurections and then withdrawing self from the games. LOL :rolleyes:

Here is my take on the use of preformance enhancement drugs by athletes.

I believe that most world top class athletes (the ones that win the medals) use them. Just note the big BALCO scandal with the American athletes. The only difference with Kenteris/Thanou/Sabanis is that they got caught using them or tried everything possible avoid detection (faking motorcycle accidents...). It is possible that somebody spiked Sabanis's food or drink with the steroid as he claims, but there is no way to prove this. And who would have done this?

If you ask me, Olympics have become a big business, and unless there is a 100% way to detect all the steroids users, I think IOC should allow anybody to use any drugs they wish at their own risk. As it is I think the majority of the steroid users get away with it anyway.

Archived