Phantis Forums

Rivaldo x 2 = Gonzalez

MikeS

President Mitsou was quoted in the press yesterday stating that Gonzalez is twice the player Rivaldo is. Anyone think this was a good idea?

Personally, I think Mitsou is showing his jealousy from the positive press Olympiakos has been recently receiving from the Rivaldo signing. Gonzalez is a wonderful, young player and has the potential to become a truly great player (in my humble opinion), but why put such pressure on the kid?

Im glad Mitsou had the balls to put all these stupid gavri in their place. Rivaldo hasen't played football in 2 years and no team was willing to touch him this past year except in Quatar who just wants his name to sell t-shirts. Well we don't wanna sell t-shirts. We wanna win championships.

Rivaldo is going to score at least 20 goals this season. he is a humble guy with passion for football that has been burnt in Milan. Worst career move an artist player can do is play in Italy. Just imagine Ronaldinho lost among cattenaccini central backs being painfully erased by some sort of " tactical awareness". Rivaldo proved his value in Depor and Barça and the brazilian NT. Football needs players like him. I wouldnt want him to play for benfica, pretty sure about that.

not just gonzalez.. theres alot of players in greece better than rivaldo... the guy has no balls he really should be more specific... but that may take all year naming all the players better than a has been.

Im just waiting for Rivaldo to have a bust up with Bayevic and the rest of the Olympiakos dressing room with Giovanni (LOL) to back him up!

I seriously cant wait for that.

I give it a maximum of three months into the season for that to happen!

this isnt a super league alot of weak teams to score on .. will he score when it counts in the derbies or in europe thats the question that not even the hard core gavri know.

as for 20 goals hell no

Wow, very promising words said by President Mitsou......that was a very bad idea. He's now putting a lot of pressure on Gonzales to perform well, better than the former world MVP. As for how many goals Rivaldo will score this year, I think he will score some beautiful goals, but I honestly don't think he will score 20. Rivaldo was a fantastic player a couple of years ago, and he would've be able to score 30+ goals, but at his age now, I'd say he will score 10-15 goals at the most. I think he will help a lot in creating goals though. :)

Archived