Phantis Forums

Nikos Lymberopoulos

slick13

This is very good news, hopefully Santos will give him plenty of first team opportunities unlike last year. He is an experienced striker, and will be our #1!!

Hopefully he can pass on some of his experience to our new,young strikers we have just aquired, Leonidas Kapantais and Cristos Kontis. :tup:

Most importantly, hopefully other players unsure about the future of AEK will follow his role and resign with the club.

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i guess we let Lybe go today!!!!! What a stupid move from our side!!!!! I guess we will be fighting for 3rd place this year again!!! I am over this crap every year. I bet you now that we will go out and get MAL@$A Kostantinou!!! Here is the article from SuperSport:

How do you think that is a good move ? Imo Lymbe was your best player this season...

He still has a few more years in him, i doubt hell retire.

Where do you think he is off too? I could see a move to cyprus or something.

Imho he has peaked. Last year actually. He's still a very good player but with the likes of Blanco, Scocco and to a lesser extent Edinho up front ... Don't get me wrong though I respect him a lot, he's a great player but I think AEK made the decision at the right time.

I don't think he'll be going to Cyprus. Maybe a smaller (but still A division) Italian team or maybe Germany (as he had offers from Arminia Bielefeld last summer, not sure anymore whether it was Bielefeld but definitely a smaller German A division team, they made multiple offers back then). I remember him having a talk with Rehhagel back then on his choice.

In retrospect, its always easy to be right ... but I must admit that last year I was happy we kept him ...

now I am happy he is leaving ...

the reasons dont matter, and Nikos has offered too much to AEK for us to explain too much for the reasons why he had to go

Good luck to him wherever he goes and a huge "thank you"

Archived