Phantis Forums

Theodoros Zagorakis (PAOK)

Ziaka

Do anyone know if he will come back to Greece even that he is already 33-year old?

Great for Thodoros, he's career is unbelieveble! :nw:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is wrong with Bologna? They have only picked up 5 points in their past ten matches and are now threatened with relegation. To top it all off, they play their final game against a Samp team that needs a win to have a shot at the CL next year. If Bologna loses and Siena (vs. Atalante - already relegated) and Parma (vs. Lecce - survival assured) both win, then Bologna goes down. Then what? Will Zagorakis play in Serie B? Any chance for him to go somewhere else?

Parma and Bologna will have to play off to avoid relegation after a dramatic battle against the drop involving nine teams

Zagorakis no matter wut the result is in the playoffs

find a new team

your wasting your talents with Bologna

• 2 weeks later...

By far the greatest greek soccer player. This guy almost single handedly shut down the ukranian midfield and attacks, I'm amazed no big team is interested in him. With him age is not a factor, he can go 50 games a season like a 20 year old. It sad to see him in a team that's going nowhere, I'd like to see him stay abroad but he deserves better than this. :( Unfortunately he's not alone, karagounis, dellas and kapsis deserve more than they are getting. Best of luck to zagorakis in the meantime with that play-off match, I'd rather have him at the confeds but duty calls.

Zaorakis played for Bologna in the second leg of their relegation playoff agianst Parma. Parma won 2-0 and will remain in Serie A; Bologna was relegated to Serie B. Zagorakis was substituted late in the second half.

What are the chances for Zagorakis to find another team next season? It would be a shame for him to waste a year at this point of his career in Serie B.

I am not sure about his contract - I can't beleive that he will be playing B league soccer - I certainly hope not

That Parma team is fairly amazing - to the semis of UEFA and then come back to win 0-2 on the road -

Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens

why would Zagorakis be wasting his time playing Serie B football? Italy's Serie B is better than most domestic leagues first divisions like Greece. He has been a god sent for the national team of Greece but lets not get past ourselves. If a Serie A team wants him great I am all for it. But I would rather see him play Serie B footbal than waste his time coming to Greece to play in the first division to half empty stadiums and teams coached from washed up ex yugoslav and eastern european coaches.

Great player, but don't think any team is interested in him because of his age except for Greek teams. I more sad for pagliuca, who was ONE game away of tying Zoff's record of Series A appearances. Poor guy might not get that chance again. Good team lots of young talent, they just stumbled in the end. I remeber them against milan, boy were they lucky, and zagorakis' amazing assist. Zagorakis shouldn't return to greece quite yet, but he should find a new team unless if he's happy with staying at bologna.

I saw an editorial in Sport.gr saying that if AEK sells Katsouranis, they may try to bring Zagorakis back. The editorial also stated that it was unlikely that Zagorakis would stay with Bologna in Serie B, as they would not want to keep his high salary (800K/year). My understanding is that he signed a 1 year contract with an option for a second year. I don't see either side wanting to extend the contract. He had a good year though and it would be nice to see him sign with another Serie A team.

Spears easy with the language. No presonal attacks please.

As for Zagorakis, rumors in Thessaloniki are rampant that he will sign with PAOK in order to end his career there. That is his dream and he has expressed this wish in the past.

The question is if Goumenos has enough money to bring him back to PAOK. Obviously Bologna dropping to Serie B should make his release from the Italian team easier. Goumenos yesterday promissed a big signing at PAOK, which should be announced sometimes this week. i wonder if it is Zagorakis. Time will tell.

I saw him play on Saturday in the Parma - Bologna game, and he played fairly well. he was substituted in the 86th minute. Is he expected to play for the NT against Mexico?

Spears easy with the language. No presonal attacks please.

As for Zagorakis, rumors in Thessaloniki are rampant that he will sign with PAOK in order to end his career there. That is his dream and he has expressed this wish in the past.

The question is if Goumenos has enough money to bring him back to PAOK. Obviously Bologna dropping to Serie B should make his release from the Italian team easier. Goumenos yesterday promissed a big signing at PAOK, which should be announced sometimes this week. i wonder if it is Zagorakis. Time will tell.

I saw him play on Saturday in the Parma - Bologna game, and he played fairly well. he was substituted in the 86th minute. Is he expected to play for the NT against Mexico?

but the main question here is

Is Zagorakis actually looking for retirement now

Zagorakis still got at worst a 2 good years in him

he will not come back to Greece

not yet anywayz

he will look elsewhere and rightly so

I think the only way he will come back to Greece at this point is if he is unable to sign with another top level team in Europe. By that, I do not mean Milan, Barcelona or Chelsea (even though I think barcelona may have expressed some interest in the past). Rather, I expect him to sign with a mid-level team in Serie A or maybe even with a team in Spain. I'm nost sure if he will go back to England, as he has already done a stint there, and I don't see him signing for Rangers (!). Of course, it would be nice to see him sign with a CL team of a decent to high calibre, so people can see what he really has to offer. After about two more years, then I see him ending his career at PAOK.

Theo Zagorakis will be playing for PAOK for the next two years: From SportAction

It is a shame that a player of his calibre was never given a chance at Leicester City and only played in the Campionato for one year, at age 33, (and for Bologna).

He could have had a brilliant career anywhere in Europe!

Theo Zagorakis will be playing for PAOK for the next two years: From SportAction

It is a shame that a player of his calibre was never given a chance at Leicester City and only played in the Campionato for one year, at age 33, (and for Bologna).

I agree w/ you.

His manager said on ET3 that his contract with Bologna is a tight 2 year one and Theo has to be released from Bologna to sign with another team. so nothing it's official yet.

But ultimately he has had a distinction that many would 'kill' for... The MVP of the Euro 2004 tournament. How many players could claim such a title? Too bad of course his bank account doesn't reflect it!....

I agree w/ you.

His manager said on ET3 that his contract with Bologna is a tight 2 year one and Theo has to be released from Bologna to sign with another team. so nothing it's official yet.

but i doubt Bologna would want to pay Zagorakis that contract since they will be in Serie B

Bologna may try to shop him around if they can so we will see

• 4 weeks later...

It's official. Bologna FC have released Zagorakis from his contract (one year left). Zagorakis will now sign a 2-year deal with PAOK on Thursday.

With this Zagorakis is no longer a Greek player abroad.

• Argy locked this topic

Archived