Phantis Forums

TARBS under recievership

Guest Kotcho

Guest Kotcho

For all soccer fans in australia, Tarbs (which has Ert Sat, Mega Cosmos, Ant-1 and Alpha) is under recievership.

Hopefully something can be resolved so we can have our channels back b4 next season.

At least it went out after the final so i could tape the celebrations !!

So what does this mean for Alpha TV here in North America, if anything? I hope that Dish decides to add it to their line-up, time for some European channels, all they have added recently is a whole bunch of channels from Taiwan and some Arabic channels. Is it possible that Globecast may look at adding AlphaSat (I hope not).

I knew that something was wrong, the channels on Galaxy 10R have been FTA for over a year now, maybe longer. You would think if they were going to launch they would have done it already. That's too bad, will the channels on 10R stay there or have they been taken off?

It seems we are hearing more and more about companies going under, I guess the stuff I keep reading and hearing about a major global economic collapse coming may have some truth to it. Hold on to your hats kiddies, its going to be a bumpy ride!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Panathinaikos signed up with NETMED in Greece. If we are lucky, ERT-Sat will be showing some of their home games here in the US. Don't expect any news about that until one or two weeks before the season starts. There is no coverage on the net.

There is a possibility that some company or individual will assume control over Tarbs satellite service in the near future.

We just have to wait in the next few weeks to find out, if there is hope. In the meantime, we have 2 months for someone to sort out transmission to Australia or we will be back in the old days, listening greek soccer on net.

Tarbs downfalls did not surprise me, as their chairman Mike Boulos was a bit of a shady character. He coped what he deserved!!!!!!

From the news reports it appears that some of the assets of TARBS will be sold to interesting parties. the question is if anyone is willing to acquire the individual stations and provide them to Australian viewers.

In the meantime ERT is trying to find another provider to carry their ERT-Sat channel. For now they made ERT-Sat available on the Optus satellite:

O

• 1 month later...

In the meantime ERT is trying to find another provider to carry their ERT-Sat channel. For now they made ERT-Sat available on the Optus satellite:

Regarding ERT now been available on Optus B3, just to clarify that it was always available there (since mid-end 2003). For this reason I am guessing it will remain there even if another provider takes over.

There has been talk in the past few days on the news over here in Australia regarding a TARBS revival. In the mean time Antenna Pacific and ERT are still available free to air.

Lyngsat has the frequencies for these or for simple instructions for Australians, you can go to ERT and Antenna Pacific instructions page.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived