Phantis Forums

New Information From the AEK Camp

Dava-G

Katergiannnakis is going to be paid 450,000 Euro per season in Italy. I am fairly sure that is the reason that AEK did not pursue him.

If you ask my opinion, AEK should not be focusing on high priced players. Instead they should be looking on how to cut expenses and concentrate on young and alented players. That's what PAOK did last season, and in the end it work great.

On July 9, Goal.com reported, after Demis Nikolaidis completed his AEK Athens take over, one of his first priorities was to appoint a new coach, with Portuguese Fernando Santos the favourite to take over the club’s helms.

Yesterday, Fernando Santos together with his assistant were in Athens and according to sources close to the club, it is expected that the Portuguese manager will sign a two-year contract with the Uefa Cup qualifiers.

It is no secret that Santos and Nikolaidis are very close friends since their days together at AEK Athens during the 2000/2001 season.

Meanwhile, AEK Athens have also announced the signing of 26-year-old left-back Stavros Tziortziopoulos for the next three years after ending his contract with Uefa Cup contenders Panionios, last month. The former player of Olympiakos Piraeus and Tziortziopoulos, will replace veteran Michalis Kasapis, who together with playmaker Vassilis Tsiartas was against Nikolaidis taking over AEK.

• 3 months later...

So, Dava-G.... did I promise you too much on July 12, 2004 ???

Nightsurfer... I hope you did not promise me enough... B)

But before we get too excited, I say we wait until the end of the season to make any decisions regarding the season. It is difficult to assess a situation without all of the data...

I hope that our beloved team continues its successful run and that our financial woes loosen.

So, you will decide if you love this team or not ... only at the end of the saison ? :angry:

Kalos Ise :)

No no. I love AEK no matter what team it is.... and I admire the passion and heart that this team has.

I was speaking more in a successful sense. Hopefully this team continues its successful start...

Dava.....we have already been successful this year. (IN my eyes anyway)

I understand you thoughts. My point in success is not a cup or championship (this year). My idea is to build a strong foundation and build up our players. Ofcourse, if we lose the rest of our games and fall a division... thats not successful.

Archived