Phantis Forums

Euro 2004 Officiating

Irlandos

I thought the refs did well in match day 1 but now I am worried:

1. Russia keeper Ovchinikov gets sent off when it was obvious to me that he didn't touch the ball outside the penalty area - Portugal benefit.

2. Miklos Lubos yellow-cards our entire midfield en route to handing out 5 cards to our NT. - Favoured Spain benefit (or did they?)

3. Swiss defender, Bernd Haas, commits two trivial fouls and is sent off. - England, who had been struggling to hold a 1-0 lead, take advantage and score 2 more times.

I am wondering: Have I gone paranoid now that I entered my -inta years or do other forum members also feel the same way? :huh:

I agree with you on Lubos. He was handing out cards like candy. On the other hand I have to say that Collina called a great game during the opener. I thought he might be more sympathetic to the home team.

i agree on 1 and 2 - Karagkounis shouldnt have been booked he was losing his balance and hit the player by accident you could tell

but as for Bernd Haas

I dont remember the first tackle / incident that got him booked but his second one was absolutley crystal clear he took him down really late and it was a really stupid tackle.

I thought the refs did well in match day 1 but now I am worried:

1. Russia keeper Ovchinikov gets sent off when it was obvious to me that he didn't touch the ball outside the penalty area - Portugal benefit.

2. Miklos Lubos yellow-cards our entire midfield en route to handing out 5 cards to our NT. - Favoured Spain benefit (or did they?)

3. Swiss defender, Bernd Haas, commits two trivial fouls and is sent off. - England, who had been struggling to hold a 1-0 lead, take advantage and score 2 more times.

I am wondering: Have I gone paranoid now that I entered my -inta years or do other forum members also feel the same way? :huh:

You forgot the France-Croatia game where clearly Trezequet took the ball with his hand to equalise the score to 2-2. I think that was the biggest mistake of the tournament!!!

And roonie should have been sent off with that tackle to the Swiss goalkeeper... (by the way he should have been sent off during the France game as well...) ;)

You should have guessed... :P After all you were the favourite on the prediction game and stated that people should add both mine and the mouse's points to get a contender... :P :P :P (By the way I think people should add our points together to get a contender. How did we end up like this Irlande?) :o

well I have the same feeling

Rooney, Totti, Silvestre and other big stars can do what they want, a yellow card is the worst they get (unless they spit)

while players from minor countries seem te be sent off for only looking angry at the ref

especially Ovchinikov, why the Russian keeper got a red one is a complete mystery to me, even if he touched the ball with his hand

Archived