Phantis Forums

Ellas - Portugal

drakos13

Greece was simply awesome and looked in total control. Dellas was fantastic. Rehagel has done wonders for this team by instilling teamwork and belief in themselves. Spain will be harder but a good result is still very much possible.

I feel so proud to be Greek!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll all remember this day and hope many more days like this will follow for the NT.

It was great being peppered with congratulatory phone calls from English and other friends here in London. I think the NT means a lot more to us all who live abroad since it's a chance to show we are no mugs.

Otto should be offered the biggest Greek honour whatever that is.. Honornary Greek Citizenship or something.

I'm sooooo proud!!!

Elladara reeeeeee!!!!

All I know is that this guy has managed to keep away from all the sh@t going on in Greek soccer and to ignore the media and the 11.000.000 fans-managers that were/are after him after every decision he made or poor performance the team had. He has his philoshopy, his plan and he sticks to it.

Posted Image

CH-Thrylos thanks for tip (Mascott)....

Best player for me was Dellas...... Demis was not good as he had lack of training....

Is nothing sure yet for the qualification.....boys...... I saw Spain - Russia last night ....both could do the damage..... but we are strong too

All the Germans go crazy with Greece....because we have a German Coach.....

I saw an Interview...in German TV of Otto ....these were his words :

"The boys are on the heaven..., but pulled them down to the earth , as we have a tough game this Wednesday"

"Charisteas was running his lungs out...but then he couldn't more, because he hardly played with Bremen lately"

"Demis had nearly no training on his feet"

"We can do more and we have young players among us, who will learn, we won't stop here as we have in September the WC qualifications start...first in Tirana against Albania and then against Greece...."

((At the end of the interview the journalist said....."Otto is still excited as he wants to play against Greece in the WC Qualification))

"Dellas was very good but at the end he was tired.... .. I call him <<The Colossus of Rhode>>......what my boys need now is regeneration...in order to be fit next Wednesday.........They (he meant the Greeks)....want to go late to bed and then sleep long....But I told them.... is not like that it should be.... but early to bed and early weak-up...... We found a compromise.....but tonight they can have a party ....as per tomorrow...back to work"

"I said them...go out and prove them why you are here in Portugal and that you deserved to be here.....[did he mean Ela ston Papou ..and Ziaka ?? :) ] "

"Go out and even if you lose, show them where your Greek Heart is beating"

OTTO WIR DANKEN DIR......AUCH IN NAMEN DER VIELEN ZWEIFLER....

O ELA STON PAPOU....THAN INE KRIMENOS SAN ASTAKOS SE KAMIA MAKARONADA.... :)[

UNBELIEVABLE, 1-2 IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

The happiest day in my football lifetime,

Even better than the Ajax PAO 0-1, because it is the NT and because they were superb.

I will remember this day for the rest of my life.

Last June Greece won in Spain on Sat, and came back on Wed to beat Ukraine

We play Spain on Wed ...

That is a trend I would love to see again

What impressed me the most was the passion, stamina and pressure our players showed until the end.

Every ball was contested, many shots were blocked

It is a joy to see them play so organized, nearly error free and confident

ELLADARA ISOUN YPEROXH :nw: :nw: :nw:

Whatever the result vs Spain, if we play the same way I will be very proud

With help we could advance even with 4 points, and almost certainly with 6.

Kalh tyxh paidia. :tup:

PEACE

Here I am gents....

Great performance indeed which I think nobody expected (including nightserfer and all the others who critisise us for being honest)......

I think portugal sucked big time and I also think that we have probably played the best football (and smartest) that this team has ever played!!!!

Here is my Rankings....

Nikopolidis 7 (quite good, solid when it needed, has a bit of responsibility for the goal)

Seitaridis 8.5 (very good indeed, I havent seen him play like this in years)

Dellas 9.5 (what can I say, greatest center back of the world after Nesta!!!)

Kapsis 8.5 (great game)

Fyssas 7 (not that he was bad but the game was played more on Seitaridis's side so he coudnt show much of his abilities)

Karagounis 8.5 (very good, the old Karagouna me ta karagiozilikia toy)

Basinas 9 (indeed very good I hope he played like that at PAO)

Zagorakis 10 (Absolutely class!!!!!!! I have never seen anything like it...)

Giannakopoulos 8.5 (very good actually, I didnt have much faith in him in the beginning)

Charisteas 8 (really good missed couple if good chances, especially in the 2nd minute)

Vryzas 7.5 (typicall Italian striker, made a mess of the portuguese difence)

Subs...

Demis 6 (away from his good self)

Katsouranis 7.5 (quite good he could have done a lot better bearing in mind that he had great responsibility for the goal)

Lakis 4 (did he even touch the ball?)

Anyway I am looking forward to a similar performance against Spain....

Great performance indeed which I think nobody expected (including nightserfer and all the others who critisise us for being honest)......

Well it's not correct...... I did expect the performance, because I saw them playing in the qualifications games...and I saw that they have a certain of good organisation.....

What I did not expect was the victory.... to be honest......but I did not write them off from the beginning of the tournament

This was the best performance by the NT I have ever seen. This has to be the biggest win in Greece's NT history. Finally we have won in a finals competition (WC, Euro...). Things will only get tougher from now on. I hope king Otto will keep the team focused, so we don't self-destroy in the next two games.

I would single out Zagorakis, Dellas, and Karagounis as the best Greek players on the field. Very smart line-up put up by otto. I think the best move was not starting Nikolaidis and Tsiartas, although I think he will go with Tsiartas in the Spain game.

Bring on the Spaniards and the Russians.

I think he will leave out Tsiartas and Nikolaidis......in the beginning....

Because Nikolaidis is far of being ready...and I see him start against Russia....

And Tsiartas started in Spain one year ago...but showed nothing and was taken out after 20-30 minutes..... Most probably he will remember this.......

i can't believe how you rated fysas 7, he had his times and the ball was played on your right side more. but he didn't miss a single tackle and he had a good half-chance on 15 mins...

giourkas and giannakopoulos was also great. stelios bothered the portugallo defence more than that of vrizas and haristias...

by the way, the turkish commentators failed to convert the names of most players, calling Katsouranis something like 'Katsunas' , Nikopolidys as 'Nikolopidis' and Haristeas as 'Kariestas'...

why still insist on Guven Goktas, while there are guyz like Abidin Aydogdu??? diyip ortami germiyeyim!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CONRATS, GUYZ! KEEP THIS UP! :nw:

The best game I have ever seen played by the Greek NT!!!!!!! :nw: :nw: Zagorakis played the best I think, and Karagounis had an excellent goal in the beginning of the game. I did get a little nervous when Ronaldo scored in injury time, but in the end, I was cheering with joy!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO HELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Archived