Phantis Forums

Nikos Machlas

Batigol

I've been looking at a couple of websites and some of them have been mentioning something about Nikos Machlas coming to PAOK.

What do you guys think of the idea? Is he a washed up bum or is he still capable of producing something good in the CL given his experience at some overseas clubs?

Personally, I'm quite divided on the issue. He's a player with a great deal of experience. And we all know that he can put the biscuit in the basket. Really, he wasn't all that bad with Iraklis this year. And of course, Anastasiadis seems to have a knack for bringing out the best in players who are a bit long in the tooth (ex. Markos, Vokolos). Both players who did remarkable things for PAOK this year.

But how much $$$ do you drop for a guy who is well past his prime?

If they can get this guy on the cheap, then I would say go for it. If not....hmmm...not sure.

I believe he is still capable of producing the goods if fit. PAOK would benefit from him in their champions league run. He was never a forward blessed with speed but rather positioning, so even though he is getting older, he can still be valuable.

If it is an economicaly safe buy...then get him straight away!!

I believe he is still capable of producing the goods if fit. PAOK would benefit from him in their champions league run. He was never a forward blessed with speed but rather positioning, so even though he is getting older, he can still be valuable.

If it is an economicaly safe buy...then get him straight away!!

Kojak

I agree with you also. Mahlas will do well with PAOK and people have to realise not judge him what he did with Iraklis. Iraklis have nothing to play for and PAOK is bigger Club and has more to play for.

Under Aggelos I think Machlas will be a hit as has Vokolos and Markos have been for PAOK.

I believe Machlas could be of help to PAOK, specially in the CL. Today Iraklis and Machlas terminated their contracts, and he is free to go to any team he wants. Reports are that PAOK would like to get Machlas, but he would have to drop his price substantially, something I don't see happening. I think the prospects of him coming to PAOK are not very good. Time will tell.

The reasons as to his exit from iraklis im positivie is not only due to money. That is the standard Newspaper/Rumour reason for why everyone leaves thesedays, Im sure there has to be other reasons. If he wants a club with ambition besides Oly/PAO then he has to go to PAOK, or else its only further downhil after that.

Any of you guys think the guy will be humbled into signing with PAOK? After all, even he must realize that his best days are behind him and this will be his last chance at some top flight football competition.

Machlas is still one of the most feared figures of Greek soccer. Althgouh he hasn't done anything worth the tooth for about three years, he is still regarded as a player with great goal scoring ability.

It's obvious that he had a nice spell with Iraklis and his signing by PAOK could be a good benefit for the club. But a big IF --> if he can stay healthy...

Archived