Phantis Forums

Hristos Kostis

ZeeKoei

This name didn't appear in the list of players that scored this season.

If I'm correct this is the guy Anderlecht once bought, a very promising striker who won the Greek version of the golden boot in Greece. But I can't remember having seen him play a single minute because he was injured very badly.

Is our poor Hristos still injured? still the same problem as years ago? If so, do you think he will be able to recover and play soccer at high level again ?

before his injury and his move to anderlecht, kostis was one of the top players in greece, and and up and coming star.

unfortunately, he is a shadow of his former self, and was never given a chance since his return to AEK.

unfortunately, he is a shadow of his former self, and was never given a chance since his return to AEK.

I know my statement will not go over well with many... but I believe that he has not been given a chance for a reason. Some bodies heal well after injury and surgury and some do not. Some surguries are successful, and some are not. I truely believe that his injury hindered his performance and he could never come close to the level that he was at before his injury.

Sad to say, because that guy was unbelievable. Some of his highlights were out of stories....

which makes you wonder why they brought him back... sentimentality i suppose

He was brought back because he was a good player for us and also worked hard to make us a great team.

That is one of our downfalls as a team. We tend to look at everything emotionally instead of buisnesslike. That is another reason why we always end up getting hit with more financial difficulties... We pay players to practice knowing that they will probably not play.....

Having said that, I am glad that they brought him back. I was hoping something might happen... and that he could participate....

Dava has furthered my sadness for the mere fact that I thought my bias clouded my thoughts on his return.

Ahhh what a s%$#! life.

Sorry friend... we can only hope a new "new" Kostis emerges in the future (but ofcourse does not get hurt and stays around for his career).

Sorry Dava, I only wish there was such a thing as a new Kostis. He was the one and only. I will never ever forget the day we signed him...I thought that was the best thing in the world at the time. I was so happy.

Then I saw him slowly slowly coming back with some time against OFI the 3-3 and the like...only for him to break his arm. And i heard he did an interview in the Dikefalos newspaper, so I jumped on the train (and it took me from home to get to the city about 1.5hr) just to get that paper to read his interview.

I have preyed that the batraxo would play him KNOWING his skill....oute tipota. He plays other crap instead of him. I would love to keep him and play but Im being realistic, he will never wear our colours again and its a F***en sad day.

I will always have my tapes....and I will always love other players but no one and I mean no one will ever ever capture my heart like this man did.

And i heard he did an interview in the Dikefalos newspaper, so I jumped on the train (and it took me from home to get to the city about 1.5hr) just to get that paper to read his interview.

I have preyed that the batraxo would play him KNOWING his skill....oute tipota. He plays other crap instead of him. I would love to keep him and play but Im being realistic, he will never wear our colours again and its a F***en sad day.

I will always have my tapes....and I will always love other players but no one and I mean no one will ever ever capture my heart like this man did.

Funny you say about the newspaper... I was sitting on paradise beach in Mykonos reading that article and thought of you and actually brought it back home with me to send it down under but you had posted that you had gone to get it....

My friend, dont let your hatred for Dusan fog the truth. I think Dusan WANTED Kostis to perform again like he once did, and thats why he was brought back... Hope.

To me, there will be no other like Vasillis Dimitriadis... a goal machine, a very hard worker, and a total class act. If we had 11 of him on the field, there would be no one to stop us...

No worries my friend, another will capture your heart... This is AEK, and there will be another AEKtzi to play for our team...

Archived