Phantis Forums

EUROBASKET USA LIVE

ALL THE REMAINING GAMES WILL BE SHOWN ON NBATV LIVE WHICH IS CHANNEL 401 ON THE DISH. ITS FREE IF YOU HAVE THE NBA PACKAGE WHICH I BELIEVE IS $100.00 A YEAR. IF ANYBODY IN NEW YORK WANTS TO SEE THE GAME LIVE YOU CAN SEE IT AT CLUB NISIRION AT 31-80 41ST STREET IN ASTORIA ON THE SECOND FLOOR. THE PHONE NUMBER IS (718)5456480 AND HE WILL ALSO HAVE PANATHINAIKOS, OLYMPIAKOS, AND AEK CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAMES MOST LIKELY

Here is confirmation for what Frappe27 posted. All the info was taken from nba.com

SECAUCUS, NJ – Sept. 9, 2003 – NBA TV, the league’s 24-hour television network, will broadcast live the quarterfinals, semifinals, and Championship of Eurobasket 2003, the European Basketball Championships, beginning Wednesday, September 10th from the Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden. The tournament culminates on Sunday, September 14th with a European champion being crowned and three Olympic qualifying berths being determined.

The NBA TV broadcast schedule is below (*France, Lithuania, Spain, and Greece won their respective groups during the preliminary round and automatically advanced in the tournament):

Quarterfinals*

Wednesday, September 10

Noon ET -- France vs. Russia

3 p.m. ET -- Lithuania vs. Serbia & Montenegro

Thursday, September 11

Noon ET-- Spain vs. Israel

3 p.m. ET -- Greece vs. Italy

Semifinals

Saturday, September 13 at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. ET

Championship

Sunday, September 14 at 2 p.m. ET

NBA TV is on Channel *402* of Dishnetwork and you can get it if you subscribe to Multi-Sports Package (for $5.99 / mo). You need to have at least Americas Top 100 to be eligible for the Multi-Sports package.

I believe you can also get it through DirecTV and Digital Cable.

There's great news for Canadians, too. Raptors NBA TV will also be carrying the games. :tup:

Greece-Italy will be on tomorrow (Thursday) at 3pm EST ande repeated at 9pm EST.

Raptors NBA TV is available to digital cable and satellite subscribers and costs about $2/month.

Yes, I did some checking and NBA TV is avalable on Dishnetwork as aekole claims for $ 5.99. It might be well worth subscribing for the Greek NT games alone. It is on channels 402 and 560 on Dishnetwork.

On DirecTV it is available as part of the Total Choice Premier package on channel 601.

Where do you guys see all these? I have ECHOSTAR DISH NETWORK (For the three Greek Chanels) like everybody else, getting signal from the 61.5 West Satellite. There are no 402 or 560 channels to preview. I also checked their web site http://204.95.170.116/dishsite/listings/gridall.asp and there no such channels there either...

Ziaka please help...

Spiro,

I have one question that might provide some clues. Do you get only the Greek channels on Dishnetwork, or do you also get other American channels through Dishnetwork as well?

The reason I am asking is that if you only get the Greek stations which are transmitter from the 61.5 degrees satellite, you might not have a dish pointed to the 119/110 Degree staellite, which is needed to get the rest of the programming. NBA TV is on the 110 degree satellite. To get signals from 61.5, 110 and 119 degree satellites, you actually need two dishes to receive them.

In either case, here is information about NBA TV from the Dishnetwork site:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/program...sp?NetwID=50686

nba tv will also broadcast international games involving nba teams with the exception of panathinaikos and the toronto raptors. Does anybody know if the game will be available on TSN or another Canadian channel? I know its possible to steal the TSN signal here in the states but I'm not sure about the other channels

I called Dish Network this morning and they told me that they don't accept any more orders for the NBATV channel because the season is over! Last season it costed about $115 (for the whole season). The Eurobasket is not available as an individual event. You HAVE to be a subscriber to the NBATV in order to watch it. So... whoever subscribes to it as of now will watch the games. All the rest... in the garbage can!

Ziaka,

Do you know of places in Chicago that have NBA TV by any chance? Any chance Chasers might have it? Looks like I got some calling around to do. Thanks.

nba tv will also broadcast international games involving nba teams with the exception of panathinaikos and the toronto raptors. Does anybody know if the game will be available on TSN or another Canadian channel? I know its possible to steal the TSN signal here in the states but I'm not sure about the other channels

Raptors-Panathinaikos will be on Raptors NBA TV as well.

@Spiro - as far as I know, NBA TV is available on the Multi Sport Package on Dishnetwork for 5.99/month. The only problem might be that teh Multi-Sport Package might not be available in all areas. Don't confuse NBA TV with NBA Season Pass.

@gullit - I don't know of any bars that might show NBA TV. Try calling Chasers and ask them.

Archived