Phantis Forums

We got Nikopolidis

U are just jealous he signed with the team you hate

hes still good after all he is the National teams starting goaltender thats good enough for me!!

:)

I agree with thrillosmtl on this. Nikopolidis is by far the best Greek goalkeeper and at 33 years he is not considered old. He has at least 3-4 good season in him.

Congrats to Olympiakos on getting Nikopolidis. He's going to make a fine addition to your squad. I think it's a shame PAO didn't hang on to him considering the many years he put into the club. And like many of you have stated, I think he has a few more years left in him.

Fellas...

I'll be honest with all of you, I'm DIE HARD Thrylos Fan and I don't think that this is a good move for Olympiakos. My questions is WHY? Keep Giannou and Ketrgiannakis and that's good for now. Now we've spent $$$ for another Greek player. Instead of investing that $$$ into a foreign player it's gone dometic. We need to look elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong he's a great keeper.... But not now for Olympiakos. They need to focus on someone else..

Just an idea..

THRYLE THEEE MOU !!!!

knowbody should doubt his skill even though he is 33.

look at dino zoff, that guy won the world cup in 1982 and was 40!!!and was playing some of the best soccer of his career.

look at peruzzi on italy, he is in his mid 30's and had a great year for lazio.

some goalies get better with age. nikopolidis 4 years ago was not nearly as good as he is now

I wish him a nice stay at Olympiakos..., because he is a nice guy...., he also showed good performances in the last 3 years... , not before....

But I tend to think, that he won't repeat the performances of these last 3 years.....,

because money alone can't motivate anybody on the long term.....

If the Gauroi think through Nikoloidhs they have sorted themselves for Europe, then they've another thing coming. Let's not forget that Nikolpolidhs is(was?) the best Greek goalkeeper, he was also supported by the best defenders in Greece as well. There is simply no comparison between the OSFP and PAO defences. Allwste fetos sthn Eurwph or8ios ta etrwge an prosekse kaneis.

Apart from that I would like to wish him "Happy Kornedes" :lol:

If the Gauroi think through Nikoloidhs they have sorted themselves for Europe, then they've another thing coming.

What mental midget thinks by getting a goalkeeper, they are now ready to contend in the CL ? Maybe a misspost on your part?

Anyways, it's a SOLID transfer IMO. Nikopolidis has experience on ALL levels of european and world soccer. He is also argueably still the best keeper in all of Greece, and obviously upon getting back into shape will have at least 2 more years of good performance in him. As far as GIannou goes, he is a great young keeper, and most important will only get better when NIkopolidis is under the posts, the more Giannou sees and learns from Nikopolidi at this stage inn his career, the better.

Overall : Good move.

People...

Do you all watch soccer on TV? Look at some of these great teams how young some of these players are.

What I'm saying is that OSFP, PAO, AEK PAOK (if they can - which they could) should bring and push alot of their young players to play in International play and also at the Protathlima level. That way they get to play w/ the best and it's a great opportunity for them to possibly play outside of Greece. This needs to happen to Greek soccer because the longer we hold these 30-plus players on our teams really the teams and our credibility will not go far..

Don't get me wrong Nikopolidis is a GREAT keeper but why no push him to a smaller team like Aegaleo or Skoda or something like... OSFP has players and they don't need to pay up for a Dinosaur.

Don't get me wrong Nikopolidis is a GREAT keeper ...  OSFP has players and they don't need to pay up for a Dinosaur.

Please, the man isnt 60 years old and collecting social security. It's not as if he will have to run around like a dog with rabies for 90 minutes either, he will be under the goal posts protecting it like he knows how to do.

Check up on the major/talented goal keepers in the world, and their ages. Enough said IMO. And as mentioned, Giannou can only get better at this point, especially when your learning from Nikopolidi.

KALA!

When those shots come from players in the mid 20's you tell this old man to get up and grab those "upper 90" shots...

A big answer to this topic will be shown in the EURO. Like I've said before, I hope he saves every damn ball that comes to him but it's not that easy anymore.

Archived