Phantis Forums

Who will be the new coach of PAO

Who would you like to see as the next PAO coach?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as the next PAO coach?

• Bajevic
    • Some BIG name coach (i.e. Ranieri perhaps?)
    • Dumitrescu (probably a good idea?)
    • Stay with Schum
    • Hatzaras

Ok. I don't want to carry on with this discussion longer because it's not really important and looks like we will keep Schum. But Tigana kept Fulham in the premier league the season after promotion. Fulham never relegated. The reason Tigana wanted to leave is because Al Fayed and him fell out.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents, wake up...

We all know that Schum is not the best coach in the world, but lets get real ,he won the double!!!!

I have no problem with Schum, especially as tactics are concerned, my only problem is that he should have been more 'himself' confident and not bending over Zaec's decisions. He should send Zaec to hell and do whatever he thinks its best for PAO...

Apart from that I say it again... I would love to keep seing his daughter for another year... :P :P

I think the posters of the PAO forum are not eligible to talk about the future coach of PAO.

Because with their statements in the beginning of this saison, they proved that they don't understand much about ....................let say coaches.

Thank you for the notice.....

Well thats settled that.

Anyways, we are no Real Madrid to afford to axe coaches after domestic success, like a Double. We all knew deep down inside he would have stayed...esp when Zaets came out and said he wanted him to stay!

Lets see what he can do or what he has learnt in European football now!

If you guys liked how we played this year, and how we treated Antonis

then Scum is OK :D

Scum had ONE good moment this year,

the cup final

and even there he was helped by Alefantos' incompetence

Scum DID not win the double

It was not his system (or better lack there of) that won the double, but rather individual brilliance from Manoli and Papa helped by an awesome Munch, a passionate, determined Gouma and a workhorse called Bassinas.

There was no flow or teamwork in our game and no efficient passing, like with previous teams managed by Rocha, Kyrasta, Markarian

I am not thrilled he stayed and am scared he will humiliate us in the CL again

If we play well in the group stage I will be the first one to congratulate him, even if PAO does not advance

For that he will need plenty of transfer help

PEACE

your right..shoum did not win the title...the TEAM won the title and everyone in the team won the title..that includes shoum..yes he made mistakes..but he also learned alot and by the end of the season we were playing pretty good ball...he has learned from some mistakes...lets give him afew euro games next year..if he doesnt succeed and learn, then fire him...if he does and we win..keep him...he helped bring the double to pao which is something some great managers have not been able to do (for one reason or another)...he deserves a half a chance more at europe....

aaahhhhh, is it true that Markarian is going to Iraklis???!!!! :(

As for the rest, I agree with Trifilli...... Shoum will be a disaster for PAO in euro, and next season when we won't have an Alefantos to outwit....

Compared to other teams in the crappy Greek league, yes, we deserved the title, but it was indeed won by brilliant moments of a few players.

Unfortunately, we'll waste another year in euro play.... :ph34r:

athinaios:

Yes, Markarian agreed terms with Iraklis today.

Last year he said he never wanted to coach in Greece again and I don't blame him. But maybe money is tight and he now needs a job to pay the bills, who knows ;)

I predict he will be the new PAO coach next summer, or maybe before that :lol:

aaahhhhh, is it true that Markarian is going to Iraklis???!!!! :(

As for the rest, I agree with Trifilli......  Shoum will be a disaster for PAO in euro, and next season when we won't have an Alefantos to outwit....

File mou, elpizo na exoume adiko kai na pame kala sto CL

Even better, I hope we lose the first league game and get Markarian.

Oups, the protathlima starts after the CL this year?

If so, I hope we only drop the first Protathlima games, not the CL!

MAKARI MARKARIAN :nw:

PEACE

Iraklis have done some good transfers in the past, so the only reason i think markarian accepted iraklis offer would have to be because they agreed to whatever he asked for , which is most probably choice of players. Markarian could build a decent team to threaten!

He saved PAO twice and led us to QFs in CL and UEFA

If that was not enough to keep him, I do not know what is

Winning the double after a shameful Euro "run over"?

All that matters to the owners and some fans is the silverware?

Not how the team plays, chemistry, spectacle?

These are the reasons to pick a coach, not because Manolis saved Scum's butt, three games in a row...

Good luck to Iraklis for making the correct choice.

Markarian took Ionikos to the Uefa, he certainly can do the same with Iraklis.

As much as I love my team Panathinaikos, I continue to grow even more frustrated over the decisions made by the ownership of our team.

Can you fans imagine the kind of team PAO would be, if Markarian were in his third year as our coach.

If we had kept Karagounaro, Lybero, Kolka, even Fyssa and just added Munch, Papadopoulo, Moris, Gonzalez?

If Antonis was given the contract renewal he so deserves?

Is there any doubt we would have won the double and gone through Auxaire, possibly PSV as well?

Not only that, but with a team like that, PAO would be the first choice for any Greek player, and foreign stars ( the affordable ones) would be eager to sign.

We would not be talking, and wishing, of the million euro transfers...

I know I am a dreamer...

I keep confusing our football with our basketball :tup:

2004 is GREEN

Volleyball

Basketball

Football

PEACE

If we had kept Karagounaro, Lybero, Kolka, even Fyssa and just added Munch, Papadopoulo, Moris, Gonzalez?

If we had kept Karagouno-Lybero-basinades we would never have won the double!!! ;) They are all a bunch of crying bi*****es!!!! :angry:

Hope we get rid of Basinas and Seitaridis so we finish off with all the crying b****es!!!! :ph34r:

You really think we would have won the double without Basinas this year? I mean give me a break, he and Pap carried the entire team on their backs the first half of the season until everybody picked it up in the second half of the season.

You really think we would have won the double without Basinas this year? I mean give me a break, he and Pap carried the entire team on their backs the first half of the season until everybody picked it up in the second half of the season.

If this was one of basinas best seasons, then i dont want him, he can play well, but its llike he chooses when he wants too play.

Ive seen zutauta play more through balls than Basina this season. Even though i prefer basinas over zuta.

If its true were are signing a quality DM, then i want that player to play, rather than play alongside basina!!

Not only we would have won the double, but we would have played a much better football as well!!!! ;)

Archived