Phantis Forums

Turkish Players

GS1905

Which Turkish players do you want to see playing for PAO?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Turkish players do you want to see playing for PAO?

• Umit Karan - Galatasaray - Striker - Age: 28
    • Berkant - Galatasaray - Forward / Midfielder - Age: 24
    • Tuncay - Fenerbahce - Forward Age: 22
    • Gokdeniz - Trabzonspor - Midfielder Age: 23
    • Ibrahim Uzulmez - Besiktas - Left Winger Age: 28
    • Ibrahim Toraman - Antepspor - Sweeper / Defender Age: 21
    • Mustafa Ozkan - Genclerbirligi - Forward Age: 28
    • Emre Belozoglu - Internazionale - Midfielder - Age: 24
    • Cagdas Atan - Denizlispor - Defender - Age: 22
    • Zafer Biryol - Konyaspor - Striker - Age: 27

OK, this might be a silly poll for some of you, but i really am curious about the answers and the Greek ideas on Turkish players. Probably none of these guys are moving to Greece this summer, but there are guys who are definitely leave their clubs (Berkant, Emre Belozoglu, Cagdas Atan).

Who's your choice???

:nw: :nw: :nw: :tup: :tup: :tup:

I am sure that your poll will not get the answers you expect because most people here might not be 100% up to date with each payers skill/history/character/achievements/prefered style of play etc...

Any quick way for a summary of each players skills? If its easy to do ofcourse... (not for me of course... I am not a PAO fan so I wont vote)

Any quick way for a summary of each players skills? If its easy to do ofcourse... (not for me of course... I am not a PAO fan so I wont vote)

Well, Umit Karan is a powerhouse striker and I think is a well-known player compared to others. He is not that tall but jumps well and is deadly from the header and the counterattack. He hasn't played a lot this season because of Terim's ignorance of him, but after Hagi's arrival he's become a line-up player. He has 1 goal in 6 games this year, but that's a fluke. My vote is for this man. :nw:

Probably everyone knows Emre so I'll skip him. A perfect midfielder! :tup:

Cagdas, Denizlispor centre-back, is a tall and strong stopper. He is a fine free kick taker and is believed to be in talks with Galatasaray. His contract runs out on May 31. :rolleyes:

Zafer Biryol is our current topscorer and he is the man who carried Konyaspor on his hands all season. His technique is a big advantage and he can head the ball well, his only absent attitude is his speed. He has a ratio of 0.76 goals per game.

Ibrahim Toraman, another centre-back, is one of the hot prospects of Turkish footbal. His style looks alike to that of Henriksen. He can use the ball well from the centre of defence and he's strong in the air. His lacking point is his positioning and he sometimes makes some ridiculous marking mistakes. But he will improve! He's 21, you know! :)

Gokdeniz of Trabzonspor and Tuncay Sanli of Fenerbahce were the two guys carryig Turkeyin that Confederations Cup. Tuncay is a fast forward, who can dribble well and he's a perfect finisher as well. He can play on the left flank and for a right-footed player, he is a wonderful left-sided forward. His header is disappointing despite his height.

Gokdeniz is short in height and his style suits that of Emre Belozoglu. He works very hard and makes great assists for strikers. His long shots and good crossing ability makes him a jewel in midfield.

Berkant Goktan has perhaps been the biggest disappointment in Turkey last few seasons. He was reckoned as a real future-star in Bayern and Galatasaray paid around 2,5m$ to Bayern for him in 2001. But the Lucescu period in Galatasaray affected his career badly and he never recovered from a knee injury he sustained last year. He's running out of his huge contract this summer (750,000 $ for a guy who did nothing for three seasons).

Mustafa Ozkan's career has been gradually improving every season. He was released from Besiktas in 1996 and went to play for a bunch of teams including Stuttgarter Kickers, Kocaelispor, Sokol and Goztepe. His high scoring ratio in Goztepe (10 goals in 15 games) brought him to Denizlispor where he made a great pair with Ersen Martin. He scored all of Denizlispor's goals in their march in the UEFA Cup last season and then he signed for Genclerbirligi in 2003 summer. He also had a good scoring record for Gencler this year, where he played most of the season as a defensive midfielder, a role very unfamiliar to his liking.

Finally, Ibrahim Uzulmez is the left winger of Besiktas. He always performs above the limit and is a very hard worker in midfield. His crosses aren't that impressive for a winger and he doesn't score many goals. He can also play in the centre of defence and I saw him perform well a few times there.

Enough info??? ;)

Well, I've watched a Denizlispor game and I was impressed by one of their centre backs. I'm not sure if it was Cadgas though, but if he was, I'd love to have him over.

Emre would also be really great, but I'd take Karagounis back in a heartbeat, cause, you know, he's part of PAO's history. Besides, I've heard a lot of bad talk about Emre's temper.

I'd also take that Galata kid, he started against Olympiakos in Turkey this year, but I don't see him in the list.

Karan, no, I'm happy with our forwards and I think he would be wasted in PAO's bench.

kai egw de katalava giati .... giati kanoun filika - 8umamai perisi to agona me th Fener merikes AEKtzhdes eipan pws h8elan th Fener na nikisei giati h omada tis AEK einai apo th polh. giati? den einai adelfous. h tourkoi tous esproksan eksw. kai twra 70 kati xronia argotera einai oikogenia tous? na pw - exw kala na pw gia tis omades tou PAOK kai ths AEK - mou aresoun th hstoria tous kai th perifania tous shmera. alla an les eisai gia mia tourkikh omada otan paizoun me ellines - ksexnane poios tous phre sthn aggalia tou otan to xreiastikan...

alla this is a PAO forum kai to topic einai gia PAO oxi gia ton Ari.

pote paiksate me thn Besikta?

nikisate??

Well, it WAS the capital of Greece and there are a lot of Greeks who still live there. Besides so many Turks look like Greeks. Original Turks 500 years ago were not of Indo-European race while so many in Todays Turkey are.

Boundaries and race issues are stupid anyways these days. We are all European now. We have to put the past behind us and start living together with trust.

OK, i am paying no mind! B)

A few days or weeks ago i said that there may be some 'fanatic' guyz and i'm not surprised to see these sort of things... :tdown:

To come back to the topic, i didn't place Sabri in the list cause he had a big drop in his form after December and his consistency is what disrupts me! :box:

I only see that there's only one vote for my man, and that is me!!! :o

FORZA KARAN :nw:

Archived