Phantis Forums

Giannis Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Ziaka

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheLegend

At least he scored. I see why he stayed at frankfurt even though he could try and get into top teams in germany. Hes young and hes the captain. scores goals and sets up goals. Hes doing really well there.

Nice give and go and a beautiful chip by Amanatidis. That aside, did Frankfurt look awful or what? Kyriakos got burned a few times there. I wonder if the mask if affecting him.

Yes Kyriakos looked very poor, although I doubt the mask affected him. His positioning was just terrible. Also sad to see that Amanatidis has gone threw such a bad goal drought. We need our boys coming into form now and it just doesn't seem to be happening.

amanitidis just scored with penalty in 22' against wolfsburg... so far the score is 1-2

wolfsburg winning..

Wolfsburg won 2-3 :tdown:

That was a huge game in the standings for eithracht. they could have passed wolfsburd now they drop to 5 points below them. Looks like no europe next year for aman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

from uefa.com:

Greek international striker Giannis Amanatidis could be out until February after doctors discovered cartilage damage during an operation on his knee. The 26-year-old has scored twice in five Bundesliga outings for Eintracht Frankfurt this season.

• 1 year later...

It was a while ago since something was posted about this player ... not sure what or how he's doing atm.

Here's one of his most recent goals I could find that hadn't been posted yet, from August 2009:

Knee Reconstruction, is out of the World Cup... won't be back till the start of next season.

• 6 months later...

as much as i would love to see him in the team, i agree with some of the stuff he was saying...

i hope santos talks to him and tries to convince him that he is wanted on the team and that changes are in the works...he could be a great asset to our attack..he is a very good player and is a true leader on the pitch...

it was only a matter of time until someone came out and said the things that he has said...

to be honest he's dumb. he's said too much to be welcomed back by the other players but not enough to cause enough controversy to force a re-think of how things are done. he'll just never play for greece again now and this will be forgotten before we even play croatia on wednesday

• 1 year later...

Amanatidis is being strongly linked with a move to Cypriot club AEL Limassol. They are ambitious and have already made some great moves over the summer period, signing:

Onuwachi from Kavala (he was reportedly a target for PAO and PAOK).

Degra (Asteras Tripolis' keeper who was being strongly linked with a move to AEK Athens)

Cafu from Anorthosis who is a prolific striker in the Cypriot league

and now it looks like they'll add Amanatidis too. AEL will be looking strong and it's clearly an attempt to get back into European football for them

• 3 months later...
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived