Phantis Forums

Giannis Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Ziaka

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Leading Goal Scorers in Germany:

Player Team Goal Penalty

T. Gekas VfL Bochum 17 0

R. Makaay Bayern 13 0

K. Kuranyi Schalke 04 13 0

M. Gomez VfB Stuttgart 13 0

S. Radu Cottbus 13 0

M. Klose Werder 12 0

A. Frei Borussia 12 2

Diego Werder 11 1

M. Pantelic Hertha BSC 11 1

N. Takahara Eintracht 10 0

V. Munteanu Cottbus 10 3

C. Giménez Hertha BSC 10 0

M. Zidan Mainz 10 2

A. Voronin Bayer Leverkusen 9 0

J. Cacau VfB Stuttgart 8 0

M. Hanke VfL Wolfsburg 8 1

A. Hunt Werder 8 0

I. Saenko FC Nürnberg 8 0

Y. Amanatidis Eintracht 7 2

• 4 weeks later...

Gianni scored Eintracht's 1st goal away to Werder Bremen.

Bravo Gianni! Not sure how he played though.

Eintracht's win has just about ended Werder's Bundeslliga title chances and more importantly for Frankfurt, the win will probably see them avoid dropping into relegation trouble.

I'm sort of indifferent to him as a player. Sometimes he looks great technically and shows heaps of speed, but other times he is ordinary. the fact he hasn't cracked a goal for the Ethniki means he might fade away from things.

Amanatidis scored a goal for Franfurt in German League in 2-1 win in Bremen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NqnokLgA2w

Nice finish

speaking of Amanatidis and goals, how the hell didnt he score in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSoL-zmGnqU...related&search=

:blink: I've come to the conclusion that Greek forwards are cursed... The only striker we have that gets goals is Gekas and his haircut suggests he comes from a Bulgarian bloodline so he doesnt count! :P

Amanatidis scored a goal for Franfurt in German League in 2-1 win in Bremen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NqnokLgA2w

Nice finish

speaking of Amanatidis and goals, how the hell didnt he score in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSoL-zmGnqU...related&search=

:blink: I've come to the conclusion that Greek forwards are cursed... The only striker we have that gets goals is Gekas and his haircut suggests he comes from a Bulgarian bloodline so he doesnt count! :P

that was insane....almost as bad as AEK's 5 dokaria against OFSP in the cup

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bundesliga28.11.2007 16:29:35

"Eagle" through and through

Posted Image

Ioannis Amanatidis (L) has appeared in 144 Bundesliga games for VfB Stuttgart, Eintracht Frankfurt and 1. FC Kaiserslautern and scored 42 goals

There are not many players of Eintracht Frankfurt who have their name chanted by the fans inside the stadium. It is the biggest form of compliment that you can get.

One example was Petar Houbtchev who played in defence between 1996 and 2001. Today he is the coach of the U23. His name was chanted to the tune of "Whomp! There it is!" from the block G at the Waldstadion. More recently it was Du-Ri Cha who was the crowd`s favourite and he had his own song.

Amanatidis song ((Here is the actual song)

Now it is the "Amanatidis song" which is being sung at the Commerzbank-Arena. The crowd have borrowed the melodie from the Sesame Street song "Manamana" and changed the lyrics to "Amanaman".

It is a way for the crowd to show their appreciation for the player.

Amanatidis is loved in Frankfurt and he is someone the crowd can identify with as well as being a top player and striker.

Eintracht star

The man with the flowing locks has been one of the main reasons why Eintracht have not been relegated the past couple of seasons.

His efforts and his goals have ensured that Frankfurt have not slipped back to the 2.Bundesliga. He was also a part of the side that reached the DFB Cup final in 2006 (0-1 against FC Bayern) and with that secured a UEFA-Cup spot, their first such adventure in eleven years.

Good header, strong shot and quick

He has so far banged in 30 goals to date for Eintracht. He is good in the air and has scored half of his goals this season with his head. He is also a good dribbler.

He is quick off the mark and uses his intelligence to out fox opponents. All of these attributes make him Frankfurt`s most dangerous attacking weapon.

Good fit

Amanatidis fits in perfectly with Eintracht. He thinks highly of the club, "They are a fantastic club, with a long tradition, a great stadium and great fans. We have a good team also and I am certain that the future is bright. I like the area and the people. It is a good fit."

He is someone that fights for every ball and works his socks off. The fans love him. He has played down the right but mostly as a striker either on his own or in tandem with Naohiro Takahara.

Skipper

Amanatidis has become a more important figure for Eintracht this season. The coach, Funkel, has trusted him with the captaincy. The Frankfurt coach says, "He is one of our best players. If he is fit then you can`t think about not playing him. He is under contract for the next three years and I was looking for continuity."

The Greek leads by example. He is nearly always available to speak to the press after games. His word carries weight within the side. He has earned himself a good reputation in Frankfurt and he enjoys his life in the banking capital of Germany.

Amanatidis wanted to return to Frankfurt

Amanatidis played for Frankfurt in the 2003/2004 season but his six goals in 15 appearances failed to keep the side in the Bundesliga. He moved on to 1. FC Kaiserslautern but as soon as Frankurt regained their Bundesliga status he returned to the club.

The transfer fee was money well spent. Amanatidis is now also very much a fixture in the Greek national side coached by Otto Rehhagel.

Contract to 2010

"I have fought hard for a place in the side and now I intend to stay there", said the striker. The cup holders will defend their trophy in Euro 2008.

As long as his contract runs you will always hear the "Amanatidis song" being chanted from the stands at the Commerzbank-Arena.

Posted Image

Bundesliga28.11.2007 16:29:35

"Eagle" through and through

Posted Image

Ioannis Amanatidis (L) has appeared in 144 Bundesliga games for VfB Stuttgart, Eintracht Frankfurt and 1. FC Kaiserslautern and scored 42 goals

There are not many players of Eintracht Frankfurt who have their name chanted by the fans inside the stadium. It is the biggest form of compliment that you can get.

One example was Petar Houbtchev who played in defence between 1996 and 2001. Today he is the coach of the U23. His name was chanted to the tune of "Whomp! There it is!" from the block G at the Waldstadion. More recently it was Du-Ri Cha who was the crowd`s favourite and he had his own song.

Amanatidis song ((Here is the actual song)

Now it is the "Amanatidis song" which is being sung at the Commerzbank-Arena. The crowd have borrowed the melodie from the Sesame Street song "Manamana" and changed the lyrics to "Amanaman".

It is a way for the crowd to show their appreciation for the player.

Amanatidis is loved in Frankfurt and he is someone the crowd can identify with as well as being a top player and striker.

Eintracht star

The man with the flowing locks has been one of the main reasons why Eintracht have not been relegated the past couple of seasons.

His efforts and his goals have ensured that Frankfurt have not slipped back to the 2.Bundesliga. He was also a part of the side that reached the DFB Cup final in 2006 (0-1 against FC Bayern) and with that secured a UEFA-Cup spot, their first such adventure in eleven years.

Good header, strong shot and quick

He has so far banged in 30 goals to date for Eintracht. He is good in the air and has scored half of his goals this season with his head. He is also a good dribbler.

He is quick off the mark and uses his intelligence to out fox opponents. All of these attributes make him Frankfurt`s most dangerous attacking weapon.

Good fit

Amanatidis fits in perfectly with Eintracht. He thinks highly of the club, "They are a fantastic club, with a long tradition, a great stadium and great fans. We have a good team also and I am certain that the future is bright. I like the area and the people. It is a good fit."

He is someone that fights for every ball and works his socks off. The fans love him. He has played down the right but mostly as a striker either on his own or in tandem with Naohiro Takahara.

Skipper

Amanatidis has become a more important figure for Eintracht this season. The coach, Funkel, has trusted him with the captaincy. The Frankfurt coach says, "He is one of our best players. If he is fit then you can`t think about not playing him. He is under contract for the next three years and I was looking for continuity."

The Greek leads by example. He is nearly always available to speak to the press after games. His word carries weight within the side. He has earned himself a good reputation in Frankfurt and he enjoys his life in the banking capital of Germany.

Amanatidis wanted to return to Frankfurt

Amanatidis played for Frankfurt in the 2003/2004 season but his six goals in 15 appearances failed to keep the side in the Bundesliga. He moved on to 1. FC Kaiserslautern but as soon as Frankurt regained their Bundesliga status he returned to the club.

The transfer fee was money well spent. Amanatidis is now also very much a fixture in the Greek national side coached by Otto Rehhagel.

Contract to 2010

"I have fought hard for a place in the side and now I intend to stay there", said the striker. The cup holders will defend their trophy in Euro 2008.

As long as his contract runs you will always hear the "Amanatidis song" being chanted from the stands at the Commerzbank-Arena.

Posted Image

:gr: :tup: :gr:

Thanks for posting that Paxiotis7.

I am now a convert of Amanatidis. Iinitially I thought he appeared to be playing with ice skates and his touch was awful, but he has gained in confidence and to captain his Bundesliga club is an impressive achievement for anyone.

I hope he peaks in the upcoming Euro championships.

Thanks for posting that Paxiotis7.

I am now a convert of Amanatidis. Iinitially I thought he appeared to be playing with ice skates and his touch was awful, but he has gained in confidence and to captain his Bundesliga club is an impressive achievement for anyone.

I hope he peaks in the upcoming Euro championships.

aha i didnt post this... i just replied :D

• Argy locked this topic

Archived