Phantis Forums

USA and Canada - Tele Antenna CCTV

Guest enosi21

Guest enosi21

:o Where can i find this? Greece v Armenia

I am in Toronto Canada

and looking to see the Greece vs Armenia game.

there is approx. 25 of us.

Help

Any web sites for tele antenna cctv

enosi21,

As far as I know there is no web site for Tele Antenna. Tele Antenna is a company that arranges for Greek soccer games to be available in North America. They are based in Toronto, Canada. Once they secure the rights they sell the transmissions to any establishment that wants to show it. Usually it is sports bars, reastaurants clubs that buy the games from tele Antenna.

As far as I know the only place in Toronto that might show the game is PAO Fan club on Pape Ave. You might want to contact them to make sure. here in the Chicago area the game will be shown at the usual Chasers Bar & Grill in Niles.

I hardly ever saw 200 people watching a game here at Chasers. Only during some Olympiakos games does the place attract fans. Not more than 100 people though. At that point they make some money, even if the bar pays 1,500. They make extra selling drinks and food.

Usually during NT games, the place is almost empty. Not more than 25% full.

Tele-Antenna is nothing but a farse. He buys the rights for the games from setanta sport and charges sometimes double the price here in New York which may cost some establishments up to $2,000 for the game. Then you have to add in advertising expenses, employee payroll, satellite maintenance, and security especially during olympiakos and panathinaikos. During the UEFA cup games last year he charged $2,000 per game while Setanta would only charge $1,000. The problem is if you called Setanta to purchase the game and they knew you were a greek establishment they wouldn't sell you the rights for half the price because Tele-Antenna made an agreement with them that I guess would provide them with some sort of kick back. I know other non-greek establishments charge $10.00 for games that involve their own countries team because they purchase the games at a cheaper price and that gets passed on to the consumer. With tele-antenna you must charge $20.00 and your not gauranteed to get your money back. This past saturday there were only 85 people at the game so they ended up losing money. Games that Tele-Antenna knows that plenty of people will show up to he works out some other type of deal that you are forced to take where you get 30% of the door and he keeps the rest which makes his revenue well exceed the 2,000 he would have originally asked for. The guy is nothing but a Monopoly.

Archived