Phantis Forums

The Olympic venues

Ziaka

It is always good to hear from many different types and origins of people, and in particular, people from nations that have alreaddy hosted the games. Although Athens is a fairway behind when they should have finished, and have over ran the dealine everyone (including the IOC) is cofident that, though the venues are not completed now, they will be readdy before August

Polxenos, did you go to the Atlanta Games?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you have a good time, i certainly did at the Sydney games, although an artical has be published that the supports holding the roof are only just strong enough to hold the roof aloft. But i dont believe everything i read

Yes, the media is hard to over look though. Obviously Athens is far behind scedual to finsh the venues as they were all ment to be completed last month, but as long as they are ready for the games, i dont really care when they are completed

Yes that is what i ment Athens 2004, although most the venues are almost completed, they should have been completed a while ago, but havent, this does not mean the wont be completed by August but EVERYONE would have preffered if they were finished on time. So thoreticly they are behind scedual and passed the dealine, but this does not mean the venues wont be ready, i can tell you know they will

Aaron

PS: There has been alot of speculation here about the large hole in the middle of the main stadium, so far the press has no real evidence to suggest why it is there. Does anyone here know? They have though said that it may be used during the opening ceremony?

Well I saw the hole as well and I also heard of thoughts about re-enacting ancient times in Greece. I thought they might raise a cauldron in the middle with the Olympic flame and around it would be water to represent the Aegean. I still have not seen a place where the flame will be in the Olympic Stadium so maybe it will be in the middle of the stadium but they also need that area for athletics so I don't know where the flame will be :unsure:

I think that would be the main reason for the hole, but could this have slowed down the building process. IS this something they dont really need that much? Never the less it is a good, but ambitious idea.

Does anyone know what the Olympic ceremony will be based around?

thanks of rhte pics of the roof :tup: :tup: :tup:

But going by what i have seen in them the area around the Main Stadium is still a construction site, when is everything going to be cleared and paths and trees put in!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(

Archived