Phantis Forums

Round 24: PAOK - AEK

Ziaka

On Sunday, March 21 at 17:00 GR, PAOK hosts AEK at Toumba. This is an important game. PAOK needs to win or at the very least tie the game in order to keep the 9 point difference between the two dikefali. It is expected that Toumba will be sold out for this game. The game will be televised live in Greece on Supersport.

I expect an exciting game. I see PAOK winning 2-1.

Hello fellow PAOK fans :)

My prediction is a bit unsettling. ... Given the way PAOK has played in light of AEK's smashing success against Olympiakos last Sunday, I sense either a draw (1-1) or a home lose (0-1). PAOK will probably come out and play a cocky game that will cost them in the end. ...

Obviously, a win would be incredibly satisfying, but I feel otherwise.... :(

Iakovos

Draw would not be a disaster for PAOK, as it will keep the 9 point difference between the two teams. The main goal is not to lose this game. AEK needs this game more than we do.

It appears that Spasic will miss the game following his injury in the game with Kallithea.

In other PAOK news, Ekgomitis underwent arthroscopic surgery on his knee today, and will miss at least 4 weeks. Considering he has not played since October, I think the season, if not his career at PAOK is over.

This game will be a sell out. The tickets for gates 4,5,6, 7 and 8 were sold out only days after going on sale. Today, the authorities gave PAE PAOK the OK to use gates 1,2 & 3 as well despite the fact that there is construction going on affecting these gates. Tickets for these went on sale today, and it is expected that there will not be many left by gamew day.

Also, and this is an unfortunate decision on the part of ERT-Sat, they will not show the game for us who live outside of Greece.

Instead they decided to show the "great" matchup between Iraklis and Aris.

In my opinion PAOK will start defensively and will let AEK open up. Don't forget that it is AEK that needs the 3 points. PAOk will be happy with a tie.

Yes..., but AEK does not need the 3 points in the first 15 minutes....

As I saw AEK the last game......they give the whole attention to the defensive organisation......, so it could be a very tactical game, which will have some excitement in the 2nd half........

PAOK - AEK 3-2

In front of 25,000 fans. AEK went ahead 2-0 with two goals by Liberopoulos, for PAOK to tie it right before 1st half ended with two goalsd by Giasemakis.

Salpiggidis provided the game winner with a free kick in the send half.

PAOK can now lose the 3rd spot only by a miracle.

Champions League, here we come!!!

AS I CALLED IT PAOK WILL WIN , BUT TO COME BACK FROM 2 GOALS DOWN IS AWESOME ACCOMPLISMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW FOR THE CUP ....................KASTORIA-AEK WILL BE VERY INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST.

AND THE ANALOGY IS PAOK LOST FROM KASTORIA .............. YOU GET THE PICTURE.

I knew it... (and wrote so in the AEK forum days before the game). PAOK simply needed this more. I am happy though to see AEK look more dangerous up front as time goes by... too little too late...

Sadly the fan accident ruined the whole thing... Strenght to him in the fight for his life... :( Too bad in a game where after a long time the Toumba Stadium was full (even in AEK fans were not allowed in... )

Aek looks dangerous not because of the passage of time, but due to the fact that katsiki-Okkas was not playing!!!! :P :P

Apart from that I think it will be disasterus for Greek football, that fact that PAOK will be in the Champions League.... (Based on historic facts of course, I am not implying that I want them to fail)...

First of all congratulation to PAOK.......... ligo htane paraxeno vevaia.....alla xalali sas

Aek looks dangerous not because of the passage of time, but due to the fact that katsiki-Okkas was not playing!!!!

I think Okkas is an asset for AEK......although he misses good opportunities........but he is very fast.....and opens therefore a lot of spaces..... upfront........for others.....

I prefer him than Ivic.....

Two PAOK fans are fighting for their lives after falling from kaggela during the game. Both are on life support systems. Hopefully the worst scenario can be avoided.

The two atyxi PAOKtzides are Vaggelis Vlachopoulos and Georgios Antoniadis.

Get well soon PAOKtzides.

Archived