Phantis Forums

Onward for the Greek championship

Let me tell you something my friend.... I'm a GAVROS from day 1 of my life.

I can honestly tell you that I would much rather see our teams do VERY well in Europe and anywhere outside of Greece rather than our simple little protathlima.

A giant like Olympiakos playing "kolopetinitsa"........ Who cares.. Yeah this year is another one that we can chalk up and we're going to win it again next year because of Karaiskaki but what really matters, what really brings in the $$$... Is doing well in Europe and outside of Greece because the teams represent Greek soccer.

With this "early" exit out of UEFA Cup PAO can kick themselves in the ass becasue they lost a good chance and it was in their hands.

Another blow to Greek Soccer if you ask me.

Well at least in terms of greek soccer,,, we have to win it (all teams) because realistically no greek team will r win the UEFA or C.L (and not losing in the quarters or 16) in the next few years !!

Plus they have to be always consistent. Look at Giants Like Man U,,, Jucentus, Real Madrid AC milan year after year they are in the C.L semis finals. etc etc

if they exit in the 16 or 32 they will be trashed in their respective countries

Lets be realistic no greek team will win the EURO or C.L when u have the top 2 teams in greece playing small teams with attendances of less then 1000. No money is generated thus no finances to go and sign players that are European championship material.

But with OSFP moving to karaiskaki more cash will be generated to sign players that can help us take us to the next level

but for now Winning the greek championship for all greek teams is more realistic then the C.L or Euro championship!!!

PS: yeah PAO should have beaten auxerre but the coaching was horrible!

I'm gald to see that we agree on this matter...

I think that you brought up a valid point. KARAISKAKI...

Have you see the Virtual Tour of the stadium? GodBless Kokkalis. He did the right way. I received my March Subscription of the Olympiakos Magazine and they sent me a CD Virtual tour of the Stadium.. UNBELIEVABLE.

Karaiskaki is going to be what's going to put us over-the-top and really make a place for us in Europe..

But still we need to push the Greek Teams to do well in Europe. I know that it's sad that we'll never get to the final 4 or even the finals but we can't loose hope.

Archived