Phantis Forums

Possible CL problems for PAOK

Ziaka

This is jumping the gun little bit, but in case PAOK manages to get the third CL spot (fingers crossed), it will have to deal with some serious problems as far as their qualifying game is concerned.

According to the International Olympic Commitee rules, during the Olympic Games (11-August to 29-August), no soccer games (friendly or official) can take place in any of the Olympic cities (Athens, Thessaloniki, Volos, Patra, Iraklio).

The 3rd Qualifying Round of the CL is scheduled to take place on August 10/11 (1st leg) and August 24/25 (2nd leg). This basically means that PAOK might not be able to play their home CL qualifying game in Thessaloniki if the Olympic Committee rules are followed.

Additionaly PAOK will have some other probles to deal with. If Salpiggidis, Karypidis, and Vaggelis are part of the Greek soccer Olympic team, they will most likely not be able to help their team in the Olympic campaign.

Thats a little bit harsh. I think that PAOK will be up against it already having a low seed and will draw a team who will be of decent quality (ie 4th team in England etc). It would hurt if they couldnt play at home. But Im sure that something will be resolved and that PAOK will be at Toumba.

It pains me to say this.......but Good luck.

The way I see it, they could hold it anywhere in Greece and it wouldn't matter. PAOK's fans would travel anywhere to see their team play CL games. As for Germany, I think I would have to agree with Evergreen, it's not a bad option at all.

Hmmm.....just thinking that this isn't such a bad problem to have right now. Consider where they were at the beginning of the season. Who would have believed they would be running into CL issues. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's too bad! :huh: It would of been nice if they would of played at Thessalonika. Personally, I think they could play anywhere in Greece.......like Xanthi.....and they would have no problem. Germany is also a not bad place to play a CL game, and I agree with both Evergreen and Batigol, they will make a lot of Euros!!!! :tup: Good Luck PAOK.

Archived