Phantis Forums

OAKA Stadium thread

Ziaka

Zakia,

We all know that it looks absolutely amazing... I'm just wondering if it's going to be ready come dayt 1.

I just saw on TV (Mega & EPT) talking about how some venues will not be ready because of the damn lazy Greeks over there not working all the time and will not make the deadline.. It's sad.

As a Volonteer that's going to be there for that time frame, it's going to be sad if they don't pull this off....

Lets keep our finger crossed.

What are your thoughts on this?

Harris

From the recent news reports it appears that the stadium will be ready by mid-July. About one month before the opening ceremonies. That is cutting it very close. Hopefully nothing will go bad. If it is completed as planned, it will be an amazing structure.

I also volunteered, but it appears that I will not be called up. In either case I will be in Athens for at least 1/2 portion of the games, and hope to have good time.

BTW, if you look at the picture 3 posts ago, there is this big round hole in the middle of the stadium. Any idea what it is for?

The word is that the hole, which was not allowed to be discussed or photographed on a recent press tour, has something to do with the opening or closing ceremony, and could involve a tunnel from below the stadium to the centre of the field.

Sounds feasible.

The word is that the hole, which was not allowed to be discussed or photographed on a recent press tour, has something to do with the opening or closing ceremony, and could involve a tunnel from below the stadium to the centre of the field.

Sounds feasible.

Yeah, sounds feasible, but that raises one question. How will the track & field events, and the soccer final take place on the field, with a big hole n the middle? How are they going to cover it?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived