Phantis Forums

Ilie Dumitrescu is the new head coach for AEK

tihio10

AEK Athens has just signed former Romanian International Ilie Dumitrescu as head coach for the rest of the season. The 35 year old currently resigned from the Cypriot club Apollon Limassol FC last week.

Dumitrescu helped Romania go to the Quarter Finals at the FIFA World Cup in 1994. He also played for Steau Bucharest, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United, and Sevilla.

Initially becoming an agent after retirement, Dumitrescu's coaching career began in his homeland in January 2001 with CS Otelul Galatim before moving on to FC Brasov, Cypriot side Alki Larnaca FC, the Romanian Under-21 national team and Romanian club FCM Bacau, taking over at Apollon last June. His agent revealed that he had signed a four-month contract at AEK, with the possibility of a future two-year deal.

Do you think Dumitrescu can move up AEK in the standings, or do you think he's not going to help the team at all? :tdown: Can he secure AEK in a Champions League spot or maybe even as Greek Champs :box: ? I'd like to know your opinions. :tup:

To all the bozo AEK fans who chased Bajevic out of town (the people at the game)

dont show up at games please

How about you stick with your own club and worry about them........

I still dont know what to say about Ntoumi.....relatively inexperienced at the game this would be his biggest coaching task. Will he succeed? NO idea. All i know is that 4 months isnt a hell of a lot of time to work with. I thought his extension was for 1-year not two. I would be willing to give him a whole year becauase in fairness 4 months in our current position wouldnt mean much. If we finish 3rd then yeah we have acheived something (from this position), if we dont, I dont think we can say Ntoumi has failed.

I wish him all the best........and that "our fans" leave him work in peace

The other day I was reading in a forum......there they alrady talk of an "alvanofatsa"... of Dumitrescu??

Greeks are real racist lads.... full of prejudice.........15 years of filled stomachs (thanks to Union subventions)...and already they feel themselves as a superior race......

We will get the 3rd place..........

Archived