Phantis Forums

AEK vs PAOK

Original 21

The first home derby in our return to the Super League is Sunday against PAOK. We have won 5 in a row and are in great form, PAOK is doing OK and have some very dangerous in attack. We need to be wary of Mak and Rodrigues on the wings. They play a game midweek in Xanthi that might be in the snow so they will be tired. We have a perfect opportunity to extend our lead in the standings against them. I'd go with

-----------------------Anestis-------------------------

Galo-----Kolovetsios---Labropoulos----Didac

-----------------------Simoes-------------------------

------------Mantalos-------Johanson--------------

Aravidis------------Djebour--------------Barbosa

This is the type of game we got Djebour for, when one chance can decide the game and he's the most clinical striker we have. PAOKs defense isn't good and we should be able to create some chances.

Aravidis and Barbosa have both been in very good form recently with scoring goals, providing assists, and pressing all over the field. We need them to continue their form in this game.

In the midfield with Johanson, Simoes, and Mantalos we are much stronger than them. Simoes and Johanson are paixtarades and our the key to our success. Mantalos needs to step up his game in this one.

Our biggest question mark is in defense. Galo had an awful game against them last time, as did Kolovetsios. Didac is a much better defender than Soiledis so he will improve us defensively. Labropoulos has been in good form and is much better than Arzo, he should start.

This is a big game for us as we can extend our lead on them.

Will be interesting to see what teams he puts on the park but I would expect Arzo to start in all honesty and not Lambro.

Our middle will be the same 3 as usual.

I also don't think he will drop Vargas, as much as he doesn't do much the p***** still scores goals, but will be drop Aravidis or Djebbour? If he starts Vargas I would drop Aravidis even though he's playing well but he misses to many chances in front of goal where as Djebbour is more clinical.

They dominated us last time so hopefully its a different ball game this weekend and we will have the crowd behind us to get us going.

We need a derby win we haven't won a derby yet either!!

Considering they have a tricky away game at Xanthi this is the perfect time to play them, but Poyet needs to get the right team on the park. I agree Aravidis has plenty of energy but we need someone who is going to get one chance and bury it and Aravidis at times lacks in this department. Wont be the end of the world if he does start but if he gets one chance he has to take it.

Aravidis wont be dropped, thats a guarantee, I'd say Poyet loves his passion, but it can only bring you so far. I love the guy but he is very frustrating to watch. 

Lambropoulos has to start, being Greek he knows what these games are all about and how much it means to the fans, Arzo hasn't a clue.

Vargas, Aravidis and Arzo will all strart.

I rate Aravidis the kid can play but 1 from 4 or 5 chances isn't a return we want from our striker.....

I agree Dikefale all 3 will start I think also ,seems Poyet doesn't change his first 11 too much unless necessary, but you can count on one thing, if we are up he will make changes and close the game out as he has done many times since taking over.