Phantis Forums

AEK-Atromitos

Original 21

Must win game before we go to the Tigani. We play Sunday at home at 4 o'clock Greek time, Atromitos is coming off of 3 straight losses and will go all out for the win.

We should go with something like this

Baroja

Galo Kolovetsios Tzanetopoulos Didac

Simoes Johanson

Barbosa Buonanotte Mantalos

Aravidis

Barbosa is on form and deserves a start, Buonanotte is best behind the striker and I'm curious to see Mantalos on the wing. Ideally we'd be able to rest Johanson who is clearly tired but Cordero still isn't ready... Anyways it's the last game before an international break so he should have a few days off to catch his breath and get some rest during the break. Atromitos has some good players so our defense needs to stop making amateur mistakes, we got to cut those out or else we are gonna get murdered against the gavro. Maybe we should start Arzo in this one? Didac is a must play regardless.

ANT1 will broadcast the game I think.

We need actually we MUST win this match as we can close the gap at the top with Oly playing PAOK up north and also PAO going to Xanthi....

I like the line up you have Original I wouldn't change anything and as you said Barbosa deserves a start. You can throw Vargas and Platellas in at some stage to inject pace and abit more life to the team if things aren't working. Mandalos can play on the wing also and I would prefer Diego at #10.

One thing that gets me is Johanssen and everyone saying he is tired, we only play 1 game a week so what's making him so tired?

I said last season that we couldn't rely on Aravidis up top all season, yes he got a lot of goals last season in 2nd divison but this is a different ball game now and we need a clinical striker there. Aravidis is more of a poacher in my eyes. Any news on Brecevic? I would like to see what he can do if he gets fit.

As for Johanssen i don't buy the tired part, the guy played in Sweden and had CL commitments also so I am sure he knows how to handle himself.

This is getting really frustrating. The worst thing you can do is try the same failed recipe and expect different results. These are definitely orders given from higher ups in order to validate their transfer policy this passed summer. That is the only real explanation I can think of. Buonannotte and Vargas are not ###### wingers and they don't have the conditioning right now to pull 90 minutes off on the wing and be able to provide help for our backs on the wing.

By wasting players in positions they are not effective in you are crippling your self in the second half because you now have to make individual changes to positions and waste your substitutions on single positions rather than making changes that can affect the formation of the team as a whole or the way with which the team plays. If we don't get lucky and see some form of individual brilliance to bring us goals in the first half, its going to be the same confusing shitt that we saw in the mpaok and veria games in the second half. Were gonna see more of Mandalo and Vargas playing every position on the field while one of the two looks like he's about to faint from exhaustion.  

Were going to face Napoleoni and Umbides with Vargas and Soiledi!!!! Am I the only one who realizes how stupid this is?

Also as of today I'll never mention the words big three or three or anything that creates distinctions in the team. On his good days Barbosa is just as capable as Vargas and Buonnanotte and yet him and Platella are rotting on the bench right as they both found their form.  

You're being harsh on Buonanotte, even on his bad days he's a player that can make a huge difference for the team. Look at the Veria game, he wasn't good in that game yet he was still involved in a few of our chances and he even scored. I agree about Vargas, he needs to be benched for Barbosa. On the bright side Didac will play instead of Soiledis.

I'm not saying Buonnanotte is worse than Barbosa or Platella, all I'm saying is that the guy isn't 100% ready yet, and he isn't a winger. We're wasting him on the wing, were tiring him out on the wing, and at the end of the day on a good day Barbosa can do better in that position especially on defense. 

I agree, there's definitely space for both Buonnanotte and Mandalo in the starting line up, with Barbosa in there as well. But there is no space for Mandalo, Buonannotte AND vargas in the starting line up. I'm afraid were gonna be force fed this line up for a while.....lets hope it works out and were wrong, and Della is right.

I just wish Della would grow some balls and use this stretch of bad form from Johanson to let him rest and test the 4-1-3-2

PLEASE DELLA PLEASE! And we can let Mandalo and Buonannote alternate and in the event that we need defensive reinforcement you can even put Mandalo next to Simoes......it makes a lot of sense!

----------------------Aravas------------------

---------------Buonnanotte-------------------------

Barbosa--------Mandalo------------Platella

--------------------Simoes----------------------------

Didac------------------------------------------Galo

----------Tzane-------------Kolo---------------------

-------------------Baroha---------------------------------

I'm not saying Buonnanotte is worse than Barbosa or Platella, all I'm saying is that the guy isn't 100% ready yet, and he isn't a winger. We're wasting him on the wing, were tiring him out on the wing, and at the end of the day on a good day Barbosa can do better in that position especially on defense.

I agree, there's definitely space for both Buonnanotte and Mandalo in the starting line up, with Barbosa in there as well. But there is no space for Mandalo, Buonannotte AND vargas in the starting line up. I'm afraid were gonna be force fed this line up for a while.....lets hope it works out and were wrong, and Della is right.

Now this I agree with 100%. However, I think that the Veria game can't be the only one we judge those three together though because it was their first time playing together, we had a short rest after the PAOK game and only 3 days of practice to prepare the lineup, and historically under Dellas we are very poor in away games, even in G ethniki we struggled playing away. All these together plus the questionable calls by the referee give me a reason to believe that they will do better in this game.

That being said, Barbosa is on some great form, he's starting to play like he did in the first half of last year, we shouldn't waste this form by benching him. We need him in Karaiskaki because we will need his defense and he's already played there before which should help.

• Like it 1

I just wish Della would grow some balls and use this stretch of bad form from Johanson to let him rest and test the 4-1-3-2

PLEASE DELLA PLEASE! And we can let Mandalo and Buonannote alternate and in the event that we need defensive reinforcement you can even put Mandalo next to Simoes......it makes a lot of sense!

----------------------Aravas------------------

---------------Buonnanotte-------------------------

Barbosa--------Mandalo------------Platella

--------------------Simoes----------------------------

Didac------------------------------------------Galo

----------Tzane-------------Kolo---------------------

-------------------Baroha---------------------------------

I want to try this also, but the problem is we don't really have an easy games until we face Panthrakikos in like the middle of November. We have Atromitos, Gavro, Iraklis, Vazelos, Asteras, and then a week off and then Panthrakikos. Jesus what a killer schedule, there isn't much room for testing except the Iraklis game kind of but they have some quality in attack.

I want to try this also, but the problem is we don't really have an easy games until we face Panthrakikos in like the middle of November. We have Atromitos, Gavro, Iraklis, Vazelos, Asteras, and then a week off and then Panthrakikos. Jesus what a killer schedule, there isn't much room for testing except the Iraklis game kind of but they have some quality in attack.

I think it can work because Della is thinking about putting Mandalo next to Simoes anyway so in the even that the formation really is too risky and we see our selves getting attacked too often we can easily revert back to 4-2-3-1.

4-1-4-1 or (4-5-1) and 4-3-3 , are way too defensive. 4-5-1 is better but at the same time we are lacking a real deadly striker so our CF can easily be isolated by opposition. I think our squad is too young and too mistake prone to put so many players behind the ball. Offense in our case is our best defense as the longer we endure attacks the more likely we are to get scored on, as we saw with mpaok.....most teams in the league have at least one deadly mak or napoleoni type player that can put us away with one mistake. 

The lineup he tested today is really interesting and very attacking, I think it can be one of our stronger lineups.

------------------------Baroja--------------------

Galo Tzanetopoulos Labropoulos Didac

--------------Johanson Mantalos-------------

----------Platellas Mantalos Barbosa-------

------------------------Aravidis-------------------

He might also use it as

---------------------Baroja-----------------------

Galo Tzanetopoulos Labropoulos Didac

------------------Johanson-------------

Platellas Mantalos Buonanotte Barbosa

------------------Aravidis----------------

It's an interesting choice but playing with two real wingers should help us a lot. Mantalos and Buonanotte both playing behind Aravidis centrally will create some scoring chances for us. I hope he uses either of these lineups rather than starting Vargas.

P.S. Im hoping MPAOGK and Gavro tie, if we win and they tie we are 3 back going into Karaiskaki. Even if we lose that game we aren't way too far back.

Edited by Original 21