Phantis Forums

Montreal Canadiens

With 5 games left, the Habs are sitting pretty 1st in the East although the Rangers and Lightning are gaining on them.

Carey Price, the team's true leader should easily win the Vezina and Hart trophies.

P.K. Subban is in running to win his second Norris Trophy and Max Pacioretty is poised to hit 40 goals. He's finished with 39 in the last 2 years in a row.

Although the team lacks scoring, the HABS can make a deep run this year if they Can avoid the Lightning (who have had the Habs' number this year) and the Rangers (a team stacked on D).

^^ Why he deserves the MVP.

The Habs give up the most shots and scoring chances of any playoff team. I am not a Therrien fan. The guy preaches a defensive system in which it seems he depends solely on his net minder.. Instead of allowing a minimum amount of shots against to insulate Price like say the Devils did with Brodeur, we are depending on him to bail the team out. Also, in this day and age, who plays the dump and chase? Therrien does! :(

Price has not looked good the last few games. I don't know if it was the little collision with Subban or if hes mentally breaking down. I do not think we go far this time around in the playoffs. Way too many passengers. Let's not forget Max has never been the greatest playoff performer either so if the goals are not going to come from him we are in even bigger trouble. On the bright side Eller is heating up. Eller needs to get more ice time with better wingers. He needs to get PP time as well. I am sick of Desharnais getting all the easy offensive zone starts and PP time and not producing. 

Carey Price earned his 43rd win of the season last night vs Detroit as he broke the club's record for wins in the regular season by a goalie. (Previously owned by Dryden and Plante with 42 a piece). Price is at the top of every statistic this year and should easily win the Vezina and Hart trophies. Without him, the Habs are probably fighting for a playoff spot.

1 game left in the regular season and its vs the Leafs. Paccioretty will miss this game as well (probably a concussion.). Hopefully he'll be back in time for the playoffs. I would rest a bunch of other guys too.

A little side note: the Leafs are the biggest joke organization in the NHL. I read that they are calling up Colton Orr for Saturday's game.. What do they want to do? Send a message before they hit the golf course? Making Kessel public enemy number 1 and glorifying meatheads like Orr.... This is why they will always be losers.

I won't make such a bold statement. However, it does look good when you are able to beat Ottawa when Pacioretty is not playing, when Price looked human, when Markov had a stinker (scoring on his own net), and after PK got ejected!

Also, Ottawa's coach should be fined for making threats about injuring one of our best players. Loser.

On to game 2 on Friday!

Go Habs Go!!!!

Edited by Giourkas

And after getting blown out in game 5 5-1, the Habs finally sent the Sens packing after a 1-0 win in game 6 thanks in large part to a 43 save shutout by Carey Price AKA the best player in the NHL.

On to round 2! The Habs will play the winner of the Detroit vs Tampa series. Detroit leads the series 3-2.

Go Habs Go!!!

tampa have not looked unbeatable. they were undone in a few games by datsyuk almost singlehandedly. on the other side, habs have been getting secondary (or even tertiary) scoring (tampa too--no goals from stamkos yet) and that's huge. i give the habs the advantage in net as well. but the bolts dominated montreal this year and if they can do it again they'll win the series easily. it may take something positive in the mental side of the game such as that to get stamkos a goal and really get the whole team rolling. if i had to call it, i think we have another seven game series on our hands.

I think we played our best game of the playoffs last night and came out with a loss. We played them  a lot better than we did during the season. Anyways the winning goal was clearly offside but maybe it balances out the other goal that was disallowed. Sunday is now a must win for us. I can see us getting a split in Tampa just for the fact that its a back to back and I don't see either time beating the other two nights in a row. Either way I think it goes 7 and hopefully home ice makes the difference. That is if we get it back by winning one in Tampa. 

Well after conceding a goal with 1 second left in game 3, to go down 0-3 in the series, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Habs are done.

The blame has to be put on a lack of offence, which in turn falls on the stubborn and unimaginable Michel Therrien and his coaching staff. Surely he understands that the game is won by the team that scores more goals. I go nuts every time I hear him say that no adjustments are needed after every loss this spring.. To me, it looks like the players aren't happy. That the message isn't going thru anymore.. And what can be said of the sorry excuse that is the power play?!??

The team has regressed from last year (Carey Price's amazing season masked this ugly truth) and therefore Therrien and co. must pay the price. Even our defence isn't that great if you take out Price. I mean Detroit, with no goalie put up a better fight vs Tampa Bay... I would do the deed as soon as possible following the team's elimination to have as many options as possible as the next coaching candidates. Needless to say that should Babcock (McGill man) decide that his days in Detroit are over, you go after him hard.

I'm still pissed at the fact that Therrien put the forth line out on the ice with under 2 minutes left to take a defensive face off.. Cooper probably felt like a kid on Christmas morning as he sent out the Stamkos line. Way to throw away all the momentum Therrien..

You are right, Montreal is still small up front... The team lacks a true #1 centre.. We drafted one 3 years ago in Alex Galchenyuk but the team refused to play him in his natural position. Therrien insisted on playing the undersized Desharnais with Pacioretty only to finally relegate him during the playoffs. Where's the logic in that?

Wish list for this offseason:

1- Babcock (not going to happen, how can the Canadiens Fire Therrien after 2 back to back division crowns?

2- add a big centre in a draft day trade. (Eric Stall, or if the Pens are feeling stupid Malkin). Heck we desperately need scoring at the forward position in general. The team has too many cement hand plummers. (How many posts and crossbars did the Habs hit vs Tampa?!? 9-10?!? You convert on half those chances and the series' outcome is in all likelihood very different.)

3- Trade Emelin (salary dump) and resign Pettry who was great for us in the playoffs. (I'm hearing the Michigan native may be targeted by the Red Wings).