Phantis Forums

Greece - Russia

Irlandos

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IM ###### TIRED OF THIS "IMPOSSIBLE TASK" NONSENSE AND ALL THE OTHER NEGATIVE BULLSHIT ABOUT OUR TEAM....BRING ON a n y b o d y ..............

FEAR N O B O D Y.....respect them yes, but fear? u ###### kidding me?

today is NO surprise to me ...... AT ALL.....go back and read what i wrote before the game....

do we have limitations? of course....but so do others...are we inconsistent? all the time...do we all age ten years every time we watch them play? I know I do, but shti, at this level ANYTHING can happen.....

today was not a miracle, was not the heavens opening up....blah blah blah....it was a matter of styles...how do u explain the chekcs beat us, russsia crushed the checks and we beat russia.????? is there ANY logic there? no....its who is the best team ON THAT GIVEN DAY....and that depends on what team shows up...today we played better overall game...we were due, and we did WHEN IT COUNTED.

so bring on the F***ong krauts, checks, spain.....bring them on..be a MAN - go out give your all and thats that....

veyr satisfying victory today....very proud of our guys.....bravo paidia...!!!!! now lets get ready for the next one.

Germany vs Greece ! How symbolic is that?

Holy crap! I can believe it. We beat Russia.

Towards the end of the game I was blaming the mushrooms I had for lunch for all my hallucinations. But it is true guys. Right? I 'm not seeing things. Wow!

:tup: :tup: :tup: :gr: :gr: :gr:

:tup:

One thing bothers me quite a lot, 3 refs so far and all 3 called against Greece. Yes Karagounis has a bad rep obviously and he paid for it today even though he was on the right. That's the problem with diving and his theatrics, no one believes you plus you look stupid doing it. Our shortcomings have been thorouly discussed around here, it's hightime to realize we can take anyone on if we don't lay down and fight hard instead.

Manga, heart and balls all the way!!!!! Never give up, never surrender! Take the pound of flesh every chance you get and most times than not you end up winning. The russians were mad and dirty toward the end and that's ok.

Great victory today for our Greek National team a trend hopefully has now started of qualifying and moving past the group stages in major tournaments…Continued bad calls by the refs – Horrible – something needs to be done. This tournament I have counted 2 offside goals that were good…1 Hand ball not called… this non penalty call in this last game that Greece should have been awarded and of course the 2 yellow cards that sent Papastathopoulos off…although not a bad call let

if i were on that greek team I COULDN'T WAIT to my hands on those german cork suckers....

you wanna see some R E A L AUSTERITY, ella tho palio p*****.....flap flap flpa....karpazia style....

as a player you WANT to be in that position, in that game with those blood thirsty leeches....you WANT that opportunity to rub your ###### greek jersey in their bratwurst eating, spekenzi deitch frauline stiff jaw faces......

if u dont then u dont deserve to play....

great result, with this back 4 and keeper we are difficult to beat, however ninis almost cost us, its a substitution that shouldn't have been made when we were trying to see out the game, salpi was doing really well on the right side and provided good cover for toro, ninis lacks the strength for that role and we almost got caught out late on down our right side.

but what of santos ? he did a great job getting us to qualify for the euros but its only injuries to avraam and halkias that forced him to select sifakis and k paps who should have been in from the start. at least he saw sense and played tzavellas, great performance and a well deserved victory. :gr: :gr:

sifakis - steady performance, i can finally watch greece without panicking when the ball goes anywhere near our goal. 7

torosidis - decent down the right. 6

papastathopoulos - skinned once in the first half but recovered and had a good game. 7

papadopoulos - future looks great for greece with these 2 in the centre of our defence. 8

tzavellas - unlucky with a great free kick, refreshing to see him playing again. 7

salpingidis - strong and hard working decent going forward and tracking back. 8

katsouranis - sloppy and feigned injury late on. 5

maniatis - protected the back 4 well. 7

karagounis - great goal and should have had a penalty. 7

samaras - worked tirelessly and had the beating of russia's right back, should have played in gekas after a mazy run but went for glory. 7

gekas - got in a few decent position without really threatening. 6

can't help thinking how much better we'd be if seitaridis never put his feet up and toro could be used in midfield.

"with this back 4 and keeper we are difficult to beat"

100% in agreement...two PAPS were the mvps today....

halkias should go sell umbrellas on the beach...never come anywhere near a soccer statdium..

i got news for you bro, we won IN SPITE of santos....

Let's not get carried away folks, the Germs will be tougher to beat because they are disciplined to the max and are multifaceted as a team. But if the right Greek team shows up at the opening bell, with positive thinking and solid defense like today we can win the day once again. I juist hope we don't lay down in front of them!

What is it about our mentality, why do we always have to make easy things difficult before we rise to the occasion? BTW, did I mention that these 3 refs suck donkey ears? Usually I am not conspiratorial but this can’t be helped as it borders the ridiculous.

GREECE IS IN THE 8 !

Perfect timing for the elections and the best father's day present.

Which was what I wished for anyway...

This Euro was like a rewind of the Euro 2004, only in 2004 we were worse vs Russia...

VS Poland: Greece really deserved a win. YES we were lucky not to concede 3 goals in the first half.

BUT the 2 yellows on Socrates, the penalty that was NOT given...and the one missed.

KARA was meant to be the fateful player.

BAD start VS Czech Rep, low point overall not much to say there. The ref was again hostile. Another missed point

VS Russia:

Finally we did not concede a goal from the get go.

Glad to see Tzavellas in. Socrates and Kyriakos Pap. were solid.

As long as Greece does not fall behind early there is always hope.

That was Rehagel's kind of Greece, not pretty, just efficient.

Happy for Santos.

The ref was not as bad as the Poland game, but got it wrong in the KARA yellow.

YES it was a penalty, I disagree with Tsiartas and agree with Lalas and Mataus...

The leg was extended and there was contact. To give a yellow on top of it!

Why aren't the 5 line refs NOT speaking out?

Russia has more marketing power ...

WELL done and hopefully NO more KARA haters PLEASE!

"Etsi pernane, autoi pou sas xrostane"!!! :LOL:

THANK YOU ELLADARA :gr: :gr: :gr:

Again!!!

PEACE

Archived