Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - AEK

Irlandos

sorry to say, but all logic points to aek getting dominated in this match. oly seem ready to take this match with ease. HOWEVER, it all depends on which aek turns up. if the aek we see against the smaller teams comes to karaiskaki they will get crushed, but the fun part of derbys is that they are unpredictable. if a passionate and hard working aek show up, then they will have a good run at it.

i will not be surprised if aek get blown out, but i would also not be surprised to see aek come away with a draw. it all depends on the players reaction. olympiakos have increased motivation for this, so aek will need to turn up big for this. based on their current form, i see aek getting beat with ease though. 2-2-1 in the last five games and a easy defeat to paok at home is not very promising statistics.

despite this, i think the best aek can hope for is a draw. lets see how kostenoglou plays it. will he play defensive with counter attacks, or will he stack the midfield to disrupt open game play? regardless, if he play an open match, aek will get beaten. he should worry about securing the midfield and cutting off olys wing play. rumour has it that mako and della may miss this, slimming aeks chances further...

rumour has it sialmas will start with leonardo on the other wing and lybe cf. makos, vargas and kafes in the middle of the park and karampela, dellas, manolas, kontoes across the back.

Let's hope the whole is greater than the sum of its parts because these players (especially the back line) are no match on paper for Olympiakos.

aek got outplayed and lost...oly looked good for the first 30 minutes of the match and then dropped off, if aek had a more creative attacking line they could have scored and tried to make it a game..im afraid lybe is done...not as a starter at least..he is 36 and has lost his pace (which was never his strong suit) and his physical presence. he can still help, but he needs alot of support.

you guys still put in a fight and hustled in the second half...theres just a bit of quality missing in that final third that has not replaced by scoccos exit.

also would like to point out aek started with 8 greeks in the line up as opposed to olympiakos' 3. you also had 4 greeks on the bench, oly had 1, (or .5 bc it was holebas)

Archived