Phantis Forums

Atromitos-PAO

Euro2004

Atromitos is playing much better. Karnezis got a red because he handed the ball outside the box, probably saving a goal. Simao was taken out so Kapino could enter as a goalie.

I can easily see dropping points here today.

Final, 1-1. Leto scored after a nice combination and service from Quincy with only a few minutes before the end of the game.

Second half was better for PAO but we should be thankful we got 1 point out of this match.

PAO may have to sit out 2 weeks since the other 2 teams aren't know. What a bad joke.

tough match..its hard to play with 10 men for the whole match but we managed to salvage a point out of it. in my opinion we could have taken the match, we actually had more chances to score then atromitos who put us under some decent pressure but didnt create all too much..a tie is better than a loss, at least we get the point. atromitos is a pretty good team but playing with 10 is always tough. hard to judge the team after a match like this, on a good note we showed alot of heart to get back into the match, we didnt fold and go into a shell which has been characteristic of us when we go down.

leto is taking the responsibility on his shoulders this year it appears. rudolf showed very good signs and could really help us. quincys ball for the goal was fantastic..although he lost the ball alittle too much, he showed better appetite today..what was karnezi doing there? kapinos should be our number 2. he looked confident for a 17 yr old..

...leto is taking the responsibility on his shoulders this year it appears...

It certainly seems that way and he's not doing a bad job either!

This year PAO's midfield will have to carry the team as the front line is much weaker than in recent years.

I don't believe one or two persons can carry a team of many. Even in basketball (with 5 on the court) great NBA players can't change a mediocre Euro national team.

It's been many games now that I'm noting Fereira's choices and I'm coming to the conclusion that he's not a great coach. Obviously I don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

However, down 10 players, there's more work in marking defensively and Katsou isn't the one to do it. Why the coach takes out Simao is a mystery to me. Same for having Giourkas--a player who, I believe strongly, is pulling everybody's leg by getting paid to produce absolutely nothing! Told to find another team, hadn't played in 7 months, hasn't really practiced with the team ("injured" most of the time) and he's starting in an away game PAO wants to win!....

Kleyton isn't good enough for PAO, but he played a great game the other day. Kara too. Vitolo?....

Whatever, I don't want to be overly critical or negative, but these are observations and questions that linger.

Archived