Phantis Forums

Roy Carroll to OFI?

Irlandos

It's a bit of a risk for OFI though because he's known to be a heavy drinker and big time gambler. If he starts turning up drunk and stuff it could cause them a big problem. Also he left Odense last winter because - he claims - he wanted his young son to study in the UK rather than be forced to learn a new language in Danish. He clearly couldn't find a club and is now signing for a Greek club? Is Greek easier to learn for Brit than Danish? :blink: To me this smacks of opportunism on his behalf, he's probably been offered a good contract and has decided to come on holiday. Let's hope he proves me wrong

After that he went to West Ham for a couple of seasons. Apparently he developed a drinking and gambling problem and moved to Rangers. He didn't play there though and went to Derby before trying to reinvent himself at Odense in Denmark. Now he's at OFI, so his career has been one long gradual decline which is never a good thing. Nonetheless OFI don't have much to lose, i mean it's not like he's gone to a big club so it's worth a punt on him i guess.

On the international front, Carroll lost his role as part-time N. Ireland starter when Nigel Worthington took over. Nigel's attitude was "I am the boss, old rules are out" and Maik Taylor got to start 100% of the games. Carroll quit the NT in response.

Archived