Phantis Forums

PAO Transfers Summer 2011

athinaios

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAO got rid of Galinovic for that??? :huh:

Galinovic was poor too. Why don't they go and buy Georgiallidis from Omonia for cheap? I still find it extraordinary that Greek teams aren't buying up everyone from the Cypriot league. As if Paulo Jorge (APOEL), Aloneftis and Avraam (Omonia), Kevin Hofland and Priso (AEK Larnaca) wouldn't get into this PAO squad. Paulo Jorge and Hofland would improve our defence considerably while Priso is kind of like a Javito type player that loves to run the full back and give him problems all day long. Avraam is about 2-3 times as good as Spyropoulos too. Aloneftis as a pacey forward is not a risk because he's available on a free and won't demand a big contract. I'm sure we could find a better keeper than Georgalidis, but he's better than what we've got now!

Athinaios, It's easy to say, "Cisse was unhappy, let him go". So what if he's unhappy? He's under contract! We should have demanded more money from Lazio and brought in a worthy replacement. Not sold Cisse at a loss only to sign Toche. Now Leto says he's unhappy and wants out too. Should we also let him go for a cut price fee? This is a local super market where big clubs can come and get discounted offers. If Leto wants to go we should let him, if the price is right. The price wasn't right for Cisse. We are now crumbling. If Leto leaves too we will be shambolic.

Euro, you can't keep a player who isn't happy, especially if he's expensive.

And, speaking of money, where would PAO find the money to pay his salary? Didn't you read today that PAO is -15/20 million? Tzigger talked about bankruptcy as a visible posibility.

As for the money they bring in when they leave (Cisse, Tzorvas, Leto, etc) it depends on the market conditions and whether the club is having a firesale (as PAO seems to have). Everybody knows that PAO's budget couldn't sustain big contracts. So what do you do? And, what do you do when someone makes you an offer and need the money????..

I agree with you that Cisse was sold for cheap, but...

I agree with you that Cisse was sold for cheap, but...

Signed for €8M..

Scores 40+ goals in 50+ appearances in 2 years..

Leaves for €5.6M..

He was not sold for cheap!! He was absolutely stolen!! :tdown:

Remember that players such as Matri, Salvatore Pepe and Nolito were sold for more expensive amounts than Cisse this summer season. None of the above are even 60 % of Cisse, qualitywise.

Galatasaray sold Arda to Atletico for €12.3M, God's sake!!! B)

Cisse was at least €13M worth... What a very poor piece of business that was!! <_<

I'm in complete agreement with GS. As for being in debt and having to sell him we are now worse off financially. The 15m euros we could have made have been replaced with 200k. So we're now worse off financially than if we'd kept him. Like I was saying from before the summer, sell Ninis, Katsouranis, Seitaridis, Spyropoulos, Vintra and Boumsong. They can be replaced on a tightish budget, Cisse can't.

We essentially invested in a striker, he improved under us, and we sold him for less. That isn't a sound business model at all. If Cisse was adament that he wanted to leave, and i saw no sign of that because he was saying up until the last week before the transfer "i dont know whether i'll stay" then we should have slapped a 15m euro price tag on him.

All those players you mention were for sale too. Nobody made good offers. Cisse had a very high-salaried contract. No money to keep him. PAO's deficit is about $20 million now. (am I wrong?)

Cisse had said he wanted to leave after the Karaiskaki fiasco. On the very last day, he went to Peania and emptied his locker. He was aware of the financial problems and the situation is Greece would get worse. I don't blame him. (He may have publically said, "I'm not sure," but...)

In theory, of course, PAO is worse off. Lost a great player and lost lots of money. That's what happens when you have a firesale. You lose value on everything you sell. Without capital infusion PAO was doomed. Even if Cisse had stayed, if the team didn't make the CL, he would have left then (now).

Yeah, I know, with him PAO may have been through, but he and PAO took the best offer available, because there were not assurances for the future.

No one disputed Cisse's value at PAO. Ferreira looked better with him in the roster. Why do you think he left? Saying it was a stupid decision doesn't explain the reasons.

PAO got another striker, Rudolph Gergele today, the last day of the transfer season.

All those players you mention were for sale too. Nobody made good offers. Cisse had a very high-salaried contract. No money to keep him. PAO's deficit is about $20 million now. (am I wrong?)

Cisse had said he wanted to leave after the Karaiskaki fiasco. On the very last day, he went to Peania and emptied his locker. He was aware of the financial problems and the situation is Greece would get worse. I don't blame him. (He may have publically said, "I'm not sure," but...)

In theory, of course, PAO is worse off. Lost a great player and lost lots of money. That's what happens when you have a firesale. You lose value on everything you sell.

I see what you're saying. Yet, if you don't have money to buy gas for your car, you sell it so at least you can feed your kids, even if it's for a while longer.

Yes, there were rumors of interest for all the players you name. The question is why weren't sold? Either they didn't bring any solid offers or someone decided to keep them (with reduced salaries, something Cisse would never have accepted). I don't have an answer to this.

I don't believe players that may be useful if not sold are put on the public bloc. I'm sure there are ways to get your people to find a buyer for, say, Ninis, without making a big public announcement that he's for sale. In other words, if they wanted to sell all those players they could have done so, unless either they didn't get $ or Ferreira wants them.

Who's making these decisions at PAO right now?

Does anyone have a clue aout this new Hungarian striker?

i inquired about the hungarian to a friend of mine that is a doctor and avid follower of football in hungary...he said is a good player, very quick, good ball control can play all of the forward positions. striker, wings and periferiakos...he likes to run at the defenders and is very tricky. his finishing is good as well. he told me it was a mistake for him to move to italy as his style is not meant for the league and that he is still considered irreplaceable in the hungarian nt.

this is the type of signing i see the fans disapproving of but paying off. he works hard for the team and appears to have the qualities we need as he is a completely different style of player than toche and petro...

i wish we went for someone better but hey, i remember when warzycha was first signed and all the fans were screaming "who is this guy, he ll be gone by next year" as i said, would have hoped for better but i cannot judge him until i see him playing...i have a good feeling about this signing and i was realistic from the start of the transfer season and not expecting big name players (who alot of the time dont equal success) let hope it plays out well...

we should have done some more work on our defense, i hope zaradoukas becomes a free agent after volos' relegation (possibly..... ;) ) and we pick him up bc spyro has digressed as a player...

some very bad news is that melissi plessi and giourkas are still at the club and did not find a new team..luckily melissi agreed to take a 40% pay cut which saves us a bit of money...

Not having a proper management in place and stability in the club has hurt all around. All the 3 you mention should have gone by now. It's totally stupid to have players on the payroll that the coach will never use.

I withhold my judgment on Gergele since I don't have any info other than what you're providing it us with (thanks for it). If he's fast, he's needed. Toche doesn't have the speed nor can he carry to ball into the box and score, like Cisse. He has to be serviced.

For the Greek league, I think PAO can do well this season, if they get a couple wins. They have to put away teams like Kerkyra, PAS, etc. PAO loses titles because of dropping points to lesser teams. Had we gotten the maximum points against teams that were at the bottom of the standings, PAO could have won the title.

grigoris ( :D ) rudolf was the MVP of the hungary-sweden match today with an assist AND the winning goal in the last minute...i watched this match specifically to have a look at him and i was not dissapointed...hopefully this form carries into his club performances...he looked dangerous.

If he's the top man in Hungary's squad he should be good. Thanks for the update PAO123.

You have to watch a player during entire games to see how good he is. Selected video highlights don't mean much by themselves. Any player has scored interesting goals, like goalies make spectacular saves but they can suck too.

I hope Rudolph gets intergrated quickly into the PAO squad.

What do you think of Ninis injury and 5-6 months absense now? Our midfield is problematic. They don't mark and/or distribute the ball to the strikers.

I think Ninis will be a major loss to be honest but now we can't replace him. Our limited pool of talent just got even smaller. Does anyone know what Ninis earns per week/month? I'm asking because there's talk of PAO asking EPO for compensation, which i think is wrong to be honest

euro, i dont see a problem with asking for compensation. That is a fairly common practice in most other leagues and fa's as well. he got injured under the guidance and command of another manager at another competition and now the club will feel the brunt of the pain, not just financially but in footballing terms as well. the 2-3 games nini will miss for the ethniki is much less drastic then the half of the season he will be missing from the club...this has happend time and time again to us after players leave for the ethniki...

im not saying the epo should pay a majority sum of anything but they should pay the club at least pay for medical procedures and apotherapia, any other medical related costs and possibly a small salary percentage...the club and epo shouldnt get into a war about it, but they should help the club out alittle.

and irlandos, you wont be saying this when rudolf puts acouple golakia agaist you :D :P

I like what PAO123 says, that if a player is injured during a national team game, then that org should compensate the club for medical expenses, etc.

To Ilandos: Gergele doesn't need service to score against teams like ..AEK :LOL:

He can outrun your defense any day.

euro, i dont see a problem with asking for compensation. That is a fairly common practice in most other leagues and fa's as well. he got injured under the guidance and command of another manager at another competition and now the club will feel the brunt of the pain, not just financially but in footballing terms as well. the 2-3 games nini will miss for the ethniki is much less drastic then the half of the season he will be missing from the club...this has happend time and time again to us after players leave for the ethniki...

im not saying the epo should pay a majority sum of anything but they should pay the club at least pay for medical procedures and apotherapia, any other medical related costs and possibly a small salary percentage...the club and epo shouldnt get into a war about it, but they should help the club out alittle.

and irlandos, you wont be saying this when rudolf puts acouple golakia agaist you :D :P

I've written a blog on phantis which explains why I think it's a really bad idea, and unfair, for compensation in this instance. I strongly disagree with it.

@ GS1905 although I haven't seen much of Rudolph i've heard good stuff about him. Doubt he's another Torghelle. Shame he isn't another Puskas either though :P

Archived