Phantis Forums

Pao Number 3 during 1986 - 87 season?

XXX-18T

Who was he?

Reason i ask is i stumbled across his jersey and bought it :tup:

Not the best condition Asics jersey but im sure he was starting player as i have seen him a few times on youtube.com

Any info would be great!

Who was he?

Reason i ask is i stumbled across his jersey and bought it :tup:

Not the best condition Asics jersey but im sure he was starting player as i have seen him a few times on youtube.com

Any info would be great!

Asics!!!!

Damn!!! That is old school

What kind of info are you looking for?

Do you read Greek? If so, try this link

If not, you can really, really beg or bribe Irlandos to translate and complete the Nikos Karoulias entry on the Panathinaikos section of the Phantis Wiki. Or I should actually ask for the contribution of all Panathinaikos fans in working on this project. Any volunteers?

From Youtube a more recent ...Karoulias:

I do read Greek but would feel more comfortable if Irlandos translated it for me.

Im thinking about framing the jersey and would like to make a plaque with some stats and information on him.

unfortuantely there is no info on him in English not even on wiki regardings his games for Pao and Greece which is unusual considering he was a captain

I do read Greek but would feel more comfortable if Irlandos translated it for me.

Im thinking about framing the jersey and would like to make a plaque with some stats and information on him.

unfortuantely there is no info on him in English not even on wiki regardings his games for Pao and Greece which is unusual considering he was a captain

And that is right! Information doesn't just happen! It doesn't drop out of the sky. People work on collecting it and composing it - which is exactly my plea for Panathinaikos fans to do so. Kind of like what we just did right here. Help put the information together for others that will possibly be seeking it some day. :smartass: And that includes you too XXX-18T. You say you're not good with Greek, but I'm sure you have troves of information locked up somewhere (in a hope-chest maybe? :D ) Why don't you help Irlandos improve the Panathinaikos section of the wiki. Contribute some of the information he needs - and there's plenty.

And that is right! Information doesn't just happen! It doesn't drop out of the sky. People work on collecting it and composing it - which is exactly my plea for Panathinaikos fans to do so. Kind of like what we just did right here. Help put the information together for others that will possibly be seeking it some day. :smartass: And that includes you too XXX-18T. You say you're not good with Greek, but I'm sure you have troves of information locked up somewhere (in a hope-chest maybe? :D ) Why don't you help Irlandos improve the Panathinaikos section of the wiki. Contribute some of the information he needs - and there's plenty.

Laz i understand what your saying but im just amazed that nothing has been written about one of Pao's captains (in english) that is.

i wish i had troves of info locked up on Pao. The only thing i do have is my collection of Pao jersey's which i have shared and the odd trip to Europe or Pao game.

Heres a pic of my oldest jersey to date:

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see the number is a little worn out and gthe colour is a little faded but apart from that its in awesome knick

i wish i had troves of info locked up on Pao. The only thing i do have is my collection of Pao jersey's which i have shared and the odd trip to Europe or Pao game.

Hey, I gave it a shot. It was just a plea for help. :D We'll (and especially Irlandos) continue doing the best we can collecting data and presenting it for all fans.

:tup: Thumbs up for the jersey!!! Looks good!

Here's your 1986 Panathinaikos team photo:

Posted Image

Top row: Nikos Karoulias, Nikos Sarganis, Nikos Vamvakoulas, Kostas Antoniou, Velimir Zajec, Kostas Mavridis. Bottom: Kostas Tarasis, Yiannis Boublis (later known as Juan Ramon Rocha), Nikos Karavidas, Michalis Gerothodoros, Dimitris Saravakos

If anybody can provide with more info on these players it would be greatly appreciated:

Kostas Mavridis, Kostas Tarasis, Nikos Karavidas, Michalis Gerothodoros

More information on all the rest of the players is available here. Just click on the player name for more info.

I must say that I have no clue about collecting jerseys, but just in case it helps your collection of jerseys.

They've got "replicas" of the 1960s jerseys on eBay, sold from Mansfield, United Kingdom and shipping worldwide:

Posted Image

Here's your 1986 Panathinaikos team photo:

Posted Image

Top row: Nikos Karoulias, Nikos Sarganis, Nikos Vamvakoulas, Kostas Antoniou, Velimir Zajec, Kostas Mavridis. Bottom: Kostas Tarasis, Yiannis Boublis (later known as Juan Ramon Rocha), Nikos Karavidas, Michalis Gerothodoros, Dimitris Saravakos

If anybody can provide with more info on these players it would be greatly appreciated:

Kostas Mavridis, Kostas Tarasis, Nikos Karavidas, Michalis Gerothodoros

More information on all the rest of the players is available here. Just click on the player name for more info.

WOW!! Great find... Look how simple and well it was done even back then..

:tup:

Archived