Phantis Forums

ALPHA SAT LEAVING DIRECTV

Interesting info DKsat. They had even uploaded a promo video for Alpha on their youtube.

It seems to me, that DirecTV are now exploring their options. (having pulled the packages as of now) If they decided to keep the Greek package, I am willing to bet that they will replace Alpha with Star. On the other hand, I sort of wish DirecTV would drop the package (and break contract) so that the channels can be on one platform once more....(even though in my honest opinion I think DirecTV services is far better than Dish Network. better picture, customer service) I wonder if Dish Network would hold a grudge against Mega and Alter.....Sure it is a different distributor, but still.

Do we happen to know how long Mega and Alter's contracts are with Directv?

I also happen to notice that Dish Network only mentions Alpha will be available in the Elite package. No mention of A la carte. Let's not forget that is what drove Mega and Alter away in the first place.....The mess created by Dish and Ant1 with their packages, and lack of a la carte offering.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greek Media Group never had the rihgts to ALPHA Sat they just add the channel to there website because it was on Directv.

ALPHA Sat was in the works to go to Dish Network about a month now, thats a good add on for Dish Network.

DKSat

DKSat, can you shed any light on the mystery surrounding the other channels of the package? Why are none of them (even the a la carte ones without Alpha) offered to new subscribers? I can't make heads or tails of it. If they stay on Directv, then the company is shooting themselves in the foot. If they are being dropped (which I suspect is the case) why is Alpha the only one announcing future plans?

Archived