Phantis Forums

PAO v. Rubin Kazan

athinaios

If PAO has any chance to advance, they must beat the Russian team on Wednesday, and, I'd imagine, every goal counts.

Ninis will be out along with a few more others.

The Russian team isn't a push-over; they've spent lots of money and they may be hungrier for a good result and possibly advancing to the Europa league.

Open game.

it has gotten unbelievable with these injuries...govou will prob make aek but leto and ninis will miss..

basically we need to beat rubin or bye bye CL...unfortunately im not confident that will happen...lets not forget, we dont have gilberto for this one either...

rubin i believe are entering the last stretch of their season..they are pretty far behind zenit and will probably be focusing alot of their energy here...they have been playing a long season and have alot more rhythym than us as a unit...

the team will apparently be:

tzorva, boumsong, sarriegi, vyntra, spyropoulo, simao, kats, kara, marinos, garcia and cisse...

i say we play both garcia and lazaro...marinos has not excelled so far this year, he doesnt look like he can be a real attacking threat..he could be useful on the bench..lets hope if he plays, he raises his game...lazaro looked fresh vs paok, ran hard and did alot of marking...

i think martins' speed will get the better of sarriegi...they are a solid team and if we arent focused for a full 90 minutes we will lose this match...i hope the crowd lifts them up this time bc they looked uninspired by the incredible crowd vs copenhagen...lets hope we see a real european night from panathinaikos (although i predict our away record in the CL this year will be better than our home)

oh and lets hope we see vyntr-inho out there again :D

the starting line up is as i stated above...

martins is on the bench for them...so is eduardo...his plan is to probably throw them in when we get tired, which will probably be quick...im sure they found out quick that we have bad fitness, they only needed to watch one of our matches to see that...

our bench is fernandez, yiourkas, ioannidis, mavrias, plessis, lazaro and dimoutso...

glad mavrias is in there...there are 6 greeks in our starting line up and 5 on the bench, lets hope it is positive and not negative...

30 minutes away...i am nervous..

I missed the opening minutes, but I don't see us controlling this game. Better chances by Kazan so far.

PAO still controls its future, but we need wins from now on, definitely 9 points minimum, given that Copenhagen have 6.

I'll be happy with 1-0 at this point. After conceeding 7 goals, we need to advance on points.

Archived