Phantis Forums

Giannis Fetfatzidis

Crazy

The last couple of weeks we have a new young greek player making a lot of noise.Fetfatzidis has really come out of nowhere and after his good performance in the summer friendlis he has now attracted even more attention with his skills in the first 5 matchdays of our SL.Born in 21/12/1990 and joining Olympiakos youth academies 7 years ago,he has been characterized as the new greek"Messi" by some fans and press.I am not that insane yet and i dont like the BIG TITLES that we greeks need to give to anything to build it up before it actually achieves something but i have to say that Fetfatzidis has many good skills and if he continues to work hard, he might have a great career.What he is lacking in height,he is covering in great speed and really good dribling skills.He has already gotten a raise increase by Olympiakos and there is a 12.5 mil fee that the club will collect if and when any big european club asks for him and also he was called this week to join our NT for the games of the europe qualifiers against Latvia and Israel.The future looks bright for him.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Olympia...cos/291395.html

I remember reading an article 3 years ago that Alexandris said that Fetfazidis is going to be a bigger talent than Ninis.

I say they are very similar.

It would be great for Greek soccer if both of these kids continue to work hard at developing and do not get lazy.

Imagine the potential of a Greek Ntional team with two attacking centre midfielders like these guys

Fetfatzidis has really impressed me in the last couple of weeks, he has great dribilling abilities and is good at creating chances. He has huge potential and I'm very excited to see him playing for the NT.

Here's a clip I found on Youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

Greek press needs to chill out with Fetfatzidis.I know that not many things are happening right now as far as greek soccer news but writing every single day about the kid and his career so far and comparing him to Messi is WAY to premature.Half of the newspapers today have his face on it......relax with the high expectations and let the kid work hard.....

That is some of them from today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ELEOS

Greek press needs to chill out with Fetfatzidis.I know that not many things are happening right now as far as greek soccer news but writing every single day about the kid and his career so far and comparing him to Messi is WAY to premature.Half of the newspapers today have his face on it......relax with the high expectations and let the kid work hard.....

I for one think the kid is SENSATIONAL but you're right. They need to chill out and lay off the pressure. But I'm glad he's playing!

the talk and the expectation is what ruins young players...everyone needs to just treat him as a young promising player that needs to work instead of 'the next big thing' its great that we have this talent, but unless it is fostered he will go nowhere..i said this in another topic, but its important we dont put him on a pedastal and also that we dont write younger players off..keep a low tone and help him work on his game..

hes has some very VERY good attributes, but he has ALOT of work to do and needs to acquire more experience...lets not get ahead of ourselves...hes only what, 10 matches into his professional career and the media has already made him out to be greeces saving grace...thats not what he needs right now, he needs a low tone and hard work...

the kid has unbelievable promise, but so far we've yet to see him against strong opposition. Iraklis, Asteras, Israel, Latvia, etc. It's dumb to hail him as the new messi until he starts tearing big teams apart. There are still so many unanswered questions:

Could he deal with a fast man-marker?

Could he cope with an ultra-fit and physical team?

Is he consistent?

etc.

He's a big talent, but hailing him as a "super-star" will only ruin him.

• 5 months later...

He's an idiot for signing a contract in the first place. With the talent he has he could've signed for any club in the world. Not in the first team of course, but he's 19, nobody would have turned that talent down on a free transfer. Instead he opted to stay in Greece. Dumb!

I remember there being a discussion about how Marinakis wants to build a champion based on Greek players.

NOT A CHANCE with Belvarde there.

I hope Mitroglou goes to play in Europe and lights it up.

I hope Fetfatzidis goes abroad and becomes a star.

I hope Torosidis goes to one of the really big clubs and gives it a go. He has all world talent. Sad to see him waste it in Greece his whole life.

I hope Avraam leaves this summer. The guy is a good defender, but gets ridiculed for always covering for his mates.

Archived