Phantis Forums

Austria Wien vs Aris

Euro2004

I saw Austria Vienna's game at Kapfenberg today, it finished 1-1. It was a cagey affair with both teams lacking a creative spark. Austria Vienna created slightly more but Kapfenberg had the bigger opportunities. One thing I noticed about Vienna against Aris and I also saw the same today was their inability to defend crosses and high balls effectively. Aris should really try and get the ball out wide and whip in crosses consistently. Austria Vienna are good going forward and i'm sure they'll score so Aris need a goal. If they can get that all important away goal i'm sure they'll be fine

Aris should be very proud. Austrian football is rising rapidly. Salzburg were unlucky to have miss out on a Champion League spot having gone out to a 92nd minute goal against Hapoel Tel Aviv yesteday - a team that is much stronger than the Maccabi Tel Aviv team that knocked out Olympiakos. While Rapid Vienna knocked out Aston Villa for the 2nd year running so they'll be joining them in the Europa League.

So this was a good result for Aris and it will be great to see them in the group stages. Here are the pots for the draw:

Archived