Phantis Forums

Serbia-Greece

pao123

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree pao123 but i really do think it's the formation and i'd rather get exposed in a friendly against Serbia than in the qualifiers so hopefully Santos reacts.

gemone were def better in the last 2 matches of the world cup, but most people can't understand football. this fool just thinks "greece were more defensive at the world cup, that must mean they were worse!"

i agree pao123 but i really do think it's the formation and i'd rather get exposed in a friendly against Serbia than in the qualifiers so hopefully Santos reacts.

gemone were def better in the last 2 matches of the world cup, but most people can't understand football. this fool just thinks "greece were more defensive at the world cup, that must mean they were worse!"

Yeah you're right.

Karagounis off, Marinos on. Some "brotherly" jeering from the Serbs while that's happening.

The only positive thing for me is that Santos is a smart coach and he can see now,in a friendly game what he can use and what he can not use when the Euro qualifiers start.

And two more interesting thoughts:

On the FIFA ranking Serbia is placed 13th and we are placed 12th. This will widen the gap. (On the UEFA ranking I'm not sure).

Secondly, I just won myself some cash by NOT betting against the team I love: GREECE! :gr: :gr: :gr:

I hope you are right Crazy because the reality is we should/could have lost this 3-1.

Anyway i'm off the night gents. Have a good evening Genome, pao123, Jarvis, Crazy and everyone else that was with us tonight. Chat soon.

Genome don't waste all that money at once! :P

garbage.............absolute garbage...............boy are we gonna miss otto.....

anyway, this team needs to learn how to play a little bit of a different style. its gonna take time...good teams have an identity, and ilk, if u will....we dont....and i hope that santos does not show the same stubbornness in the other direction - insistng greece CAN play offensive football.....

lets see how things develop.....

hi mangas21, how are you mate? Where did you disappear to?

File correct me if i'm wrong but weren't you one of the guys that wanted a more attacking Greece?

Personally I wasn't against Otto's defensive tactics, our style was ok, it was the selection that was always suspect. I was hoping we'd stick to the formations Otto would use: 3-5-2, 4-3-3, and 3-4-3 but use the right players for it. No more Torosidis on the left, no more Haristeas on the right, etc. Instead Santos has gone to the other extreme. Under Otto we were solid at the back. That was our weapon. Now we don't have any weapons! We can't defend, we aren't solid, etc.

Let me just clarify that I am not against Santos and will not judge him until after a number of competitive games, however i am judging this particular performance as poor. I hate to say this but I believe will always look back at Rehaggel's reign as the golden age

Archived