Phantis Forums

PAOK - Ajax

Irlandos

That is a great result for Paok.Ajax could have scored 3-4 goals easilly but Paok improved a lot in the second half.Now they need to bring the same second half performance in Toumba if they want to get through.It is not going to be easy but a serious Paok can do it.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has to be intention! The player was too close to pull his hand away.

Good (non)call by the ref! :)

i believe this could've gone 50-50 either way. The player was protecting his face and and keep his hands near his body. A penalty wouldn't have been wrong either. But you cant say ajax got robbed anyway.

- Chalkias dislocated one of his fingers.... so yes he was tearing up.

Chalkias made some mistake, but what was even worse mistake was that embarassing header by Cirillo. You don't seriously take risks clearing out like that. Keeper is on the ground and way out, you nod your head back and take the corner. With an open goal every direction is potential disaster, except a corner, which is the safest option in a time of crisis like that.

- Ajax dominated the first half entirely and are kicking themselves from not scoring those many really good chances they made. On a better day for Suarez and Sulejmani it would have been 3-0 at half.

- Bousaidi is PAOK's signing in the back? Hes was horrible all around the field, and yes that was a penalty, PAOK dodged a bullet there.

- to PAOK's credit, they played much better second half, stayed sharp in the back and got the goal they wanted and now they are in a great position going back to Toumba.

- Ivic, great finish

- I think PAOK should be conservative in Toumba and try to play possesion and defense. A 0-0 takes it through, and Ajax will be very angry with themselves and look to take it back...

Putting your hands up on a cross is something a player can easily avoid and is not supposed to do, and that was definitley a penalty kick. The only really bad call that referee made all game I thought.

The point is that when your hands are up and out when they should be tucked in when marking crosses or shots, you create a barrier for the ball thats not supposed to be there and you gain the advantage. Intentional or not.

I think hands in the air is also allowed if you are protecting your face... Im not sure though but i remember hearin that..

For all those who thought Malezas and Cirillo would be good signings for PAO... did you watch the first half..

If Malezas was playign for PAO he would become a Melissis within a month.

As for the game... Im kinda happy PAOK drew.. but i had an 8 game parlay where i got Braga, Rosenborg, Partizan, Aktobe, Basel, fener to draw and bate to draw and the onyl match i lost was AJAX... woulda paid off around 1200$

F***!

Abysmal performance but a great result.

PAOK's defence was shockingly bad. They were flat footed on the deck and couldn't judge the flight of the ball aerially. The defensive headers in particular were abysmal! PAOK really missed Lino and they were not the same without Muslimovic's aerial presence. Musli should have been central, Salpi on the right and Vierinha on the left. Instead they played Sorlen on the left and Salpi centrally while employing a long ball system which didn't work because Salpi is simply too small. Even their goal came from Salpi moving to the right as Ivic burst through the middle.

PAOK will NEED Musli in and Lino back for the 2nd leg therefore because if they play like this again I can't see them getting lucky enough to earn a 1-1 draw.

I'm delighted for them though. It's great to see them earning a draw at such a prestigious club in such an important game. The dream is still alive for them! :tup: :gr:

Looking at that handball non-decision I mean Suarez knows all about handling the ball so I guess the referee should have consulted with him.

Anyway there is no way that PAOK can string 2 bad matches in a row. They were very average last night.

Great finish from Ivic though. That's how you silence the home fans!

The result is definitely a win for PAOK. To get away from Amsterdam playing Ajax and being that bad surely they can only improve.

kali epitichia

im glad some people are on the same page...... read the news papers and it looks like PAOK smashed them :LOL:

PAOKs defense was really bad. PAOK had a much improved 2nd half all around, but no kidding Ajax is kicking themselves and their coach was angry the whole match for very good reasons. His team should have won this easily.

Ajax however are still in it too, with the amount of dominance and chances they made they can do it again in Toumba. Thats why I hope PAOK don't get too confident and use the home crowd advantage to keep Ajax at 0 instead of being over aggressive and letting Ajax punish them.

It is not right that there are no Greeks playing in Greece's top teams any more....I AGREE.....

That being said, this is a great result for the team

maybe at oly...but thats not the case at aek and pao...

but in saying this, in the whole match paok fielded 5 greek players...

chalkias, salpi and malezas who started, then fotakis and papazoglou who came on as subs...

Archived