Phantis Forums

Greece - Paraguay

Genome

Too bad my friends already know I support Greece and I'll be teased to death.... Unless (as Lazarus suggested), I tease myself to death before... :P

Sounds dirty and wrong ... :unsure:

I think if Greece tries their best we can beat our record and do even worse yes ... we've been training hard for this during our friendlies in showing absolutely nothing, especially no heart.

Gotta say though Charisteas looked seriously bothered after the 90 minutes ...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone isn't Greek, it's hard to like this team. No spirit, no cohesion, and no entertaining value....

Honestly, who would want to watch such games?...

I'll watch the 3 games, but I won't be trying to watch some other teams who are boring...

Too bad my friends already know I support Greece and I'll be teased to death.... Unless (as Lazarus suggested), I tease myself to death before... :P

In the last Euro, GR was the worst team, no goals, no points. Same for GR last appearance in the World Cup (1994 in the US)

Do you think we can beat this record?

Any manager cannot be to happy with these 2 performances..heard some radio guy on Novaspor....To proto match peksame ta prota 10...kai auto ta teleftea 10.

Wow is this it...does no one really care in Greece...Here if the Canadians play 3 bad shifts everyone is getting torn to shreds.

Otto's message is either not passing or he cant fool these guys again...going back to selection..maybe selecting a brand new squad sprinkled with 2-4 vets...the message will be bought HOOK LINE AND SINKER by the newbies!!

this is a young mans game played with PACE CREATIVITY and POWER we lack all 3 dearly.

Man some major soul searching these next 10 days,man go in that room and ask those who wanna come out and battle lets go, the others your plane ticket is waiting for you at the hotel.

patsatzoglou is much better than Katsouranis, so I don't have a probelm..he may be old but he still works like a horse out there, and thats something the team really lacks- effort and passion.....

BTW, OFI-Mtl, Giourkas was one of our better players today, and your smoking crack if you think Salpiggidis is not NT quality based on one crap game today...... theres Kapetanos and Charisteas who have no place on this team..

If Nioplias does get dropped, he is totally perfect for Rehagel's job. But PAO killing themselves after they win the title for no reason will result in a weaker NT too.

Greece doesnt have a set of pundits that can really rip into the players....They have these sissy neutral commentators rather than those with opinion and some balls to actually give criticsm where it is due......same deal in America.

The British commentators, when they think someone sucks they call them out, and theyre almost always right about it.

I have been away from the game. Is Mitroglu injured or summik? Why on gods green earth would he chose xaristeas yet again, when there's someone a lot better and with much more international experience this year?

Why on gods green earth would he chose xaristeas yet again, when there's someone a lot better and with much more international experience this year?

One word best describes Rehhagel (at his current state): wanker -- and that is putting it politely!

patsatzoglou is much better than Katsouranis, so I don't have a probelm..he may be old but he still works like a horse out there, and thats something the team really lacks- effort and passion.....

BTW, OFI-Mtl, Giourkas was one of our better players today, and your smoking crack if you think Salpiggidis is not NT quality based on one crap game today...... theres Kapetanos and Charisteas who have no place on this team..

If Nioplias does get dropped, he is totally perfect for Rehagel's job. But PAO killing themselves after they win the title for no reason will result in a weaker NT too.

Greece doesnt have a set of pundits that can really rip into the players....They have these sissy neutral commentators rather than those with opinion and some balls to actually give criticsm where it is due......same deal in America.

The British commentators, when they think someone sucks they call them out, and theyre almost always right about it.

I am no Charisteas fan and I dont smoke crack.....but HE scores when he plays at a better rate than Salpi for the National Team thats the job of a FORWARD, and the guy chases the ball and tracks back like a dog. I have him off the bench and if Mitro was here he would be number 5

My front 3 would be ninis,Gekas,Samaras.

If Giourkas is not gonna use his speed what good is he...two steps pass the ball and watch..he seemed disinterested and got blown by a couple of times in the 2nd half.

look we are all frustrated, the selection stinks,but this team has 10 days to figure things out!

Why on gods green earth would he chose xaristeas yet again, when there's someone a lot better and with much more international experience this year?

One word best describes Rehhagel (at his current state): wanker -- and that is putting it politely!

That is being too polite.

Anyway I have come to the conclusion that he is not at fault. We all know he won't retire or resign so I blame EPO for continuing to employ him as National Team coach. He is grossly out of his depth post 2004.

I wish he just passes away.

We need a fighting chance and with him as a manager we have next to nothing. We will be worse team at the tournament.

That is being too polite.

Anyway I have come to the conclusion that he is not at fault. We all know he won't retire or resign so I blame EPO for continuing to employ him as National Team coach. He is grossly out of his depth post 2004.

I wish he just passes away.

We need a fighting chance and with him as a manager we have next to nothing. We will be worse team at the tournament.

Omg, that's a little harsh--isn't it? lol I don't like his methods, but I don't want the guy to die! haha

Charisteas gets selected because he is one of Otto's favorites. Period. He can still use his height to score a good header, so all things being equal Otto keeps him in the lineup. Besides, Gekas and Samaras are our "talented" strikers. Personally, I have no problem with a sub Charisteas on the team. The poor guy has really become the focus of a lot of criticism, yet he is probably one of the few who successfully utilizes his strengths. Samaras is good, shows a couple of fancy moves now and then, but has never really maximized that talent to produce anything on the field. I don't think we have any forwards in Greek soccer with the individual talent to make a real difference.

I've finally understood Otto! Play to scrape by and maintain a good spot in the FIFA rankings, not to win. This betters our seeding in future qualification matches, and allows future talent a chance at qualifying and general improvement of Greek soccer. Otto, or the team, are not going into this competition to win (or even go the round of 16ths); the sooner we all get that into our minds, the better!

Charisteas is a workhorse. Any successful team has a player upfront that creates space and wins battles for his teammates while scoring.

I don't think there is a better Greek forward than Charisteas at doing all those little things.

Also, I think we need a workhorse or two in the mid. Karagounis is the only workhorse we really have. It is too bad Pliatsakas got hurt.

Maybe a

the only reason greek forwards score overseas is becuase they have strong talented mids behind them, and a team that thinks mich more offensively than the NT does.

our mid S U C K S ...........get it through your heads boys and girls.....without a strong midfield where the transition happens, and a midfield that can switch gears and think offensively, we are doomed..........

the only way we can pass is if we give up no goals and counter with a msitake in the other teams defense....thats it...donkey ball wont work....we cant build an attack for shti....our guys are in such utter disarray and this was clearly evident today, when we had another fluid team playing agianst us.....paraguay was purposeful, had command of their offensive movements, almost every pass had a plan behind it....i mean why cant we play like that, or something close to that?

if our mids dont push up we are fukced.....with all his soccer knowledge why cant otto see this? i just dont get it

if our mids dont push up we are fukced.....with all his soccer knowledge why cant otto see this? i just dont get it

This is exactly why so many people are so frustrated with Otto. *HE* doesn't get it. He is the oldest manager at the WC. It is increasingly a young person's game.

His methods don't work. I can blame the players as much as they should not be listening to the coach and go out as a combined unit but it won't happen when a manager of Otto's influence is in charge.

Therefore I call on EPO to terminate Otto's contract immedately and appoint someone like Nioblias on a 1 month contract just for the WC in SA.

if our mids dont push up we are fukced.....with all his soccer knowledge why cant otto see this?  i just dont get it

This is exactly why so many people are so frustrated with Otto. *HE* doesn't get it. He is the oldest manager at the WC. It is increasingly a young person's game.

His methods don't work. I can blame the players as much as they should not be listening to the coach and go out as a combined unit but it won't happen when a manager of Otto's influence is in charge.

Therefore I call on EPO to terminate Otto's contract immedately and appoint someone like Nioblias on a 1 month contract just for the WC in SA.

The EPO does not have the NUT SACK to pull this off...and with this selection it would not be fair to Nioplias to get stuck with this ragtag gang. Let Otto go down hard...and if he pulls it off, he'll get his due.

Lets all hope they raise there level and PROFESSIONAL PRIDE kicks in and if that is not enough NATIONAL PRIDE!!! We should all back our boys.

Isnt there some saying about learning from your mistakes so history does not repeat itself.....wow, lookin down the tracks it looks like Express 1994 is coming down the line and picking up speed!

u cant win games by imposing your defensive will only.................u still need to score.....u need to impose your offensive will........we dont have one of those, no offensive identity at all.....donkey ball, and thats it. and since our Defense is not as solid as it used to be i think we gonna get embarrased again....

i stand behind our guiys, but we gonna get undressed....

After a WEAK

TWO WC warmup games (all other countries playing more and by God---- DO WE NEED MORE)

Otto wasnt too thrilled and was angry vs Paraguay. Its safe to say, he will come out like he did against Sweden in 2008 without any faith in the team or intent to attack. I can pretty much guarantee 5 in the back. I almost agree with Rehagel, seeing as how bad we are in the back. I dont care if we play defensive......But please.....some FOOTBALL/hope at least....even EFFORT would be satisfactory, but I'm not sure well see it.

As Karagkounis said, theyre just going to have fun. So hopefully they get to see some giraffes or something on their safari then get back home quick for diakopoules.

It's way too late now to change the coach. And, who in his right mind would accept a team with a fixed roster and someone else's work? And, it's not like Brazil that a strong team is already in place... ;)

For me, I expect a disaster so I won't be too sad.... I guess it would have been harder if the expectations were higher...

Prediction: See that Otto will play S. Korea defensively, not to lose above all. In theory if GR had any chance of advancing, this would be the game to win. I mean GR would have to go to win over SK and Nigeria.

Damn it, the schedule is so ideal... Play against the weaker side and 3rd game against a team that would have qualified by then...

I won't write more because I'll get more upset... :angry:

Forumites, I apologize for my language, beforehand, but I’m pissed to no end with all these aholes, we call our NT, who have the audacity to believe that they have the right to represent MY national colors in such a manner. I didn't post yesterday because I needed a day to cool off alla these alites, they make me ashamed to be Greek! And not only because of their utter lack of football skill and their absence of heart/pride but because of the way they look, and yes they CAN help it! Ugly and un-kept the whole lot of them, and that’s an understatement. What the hell are all these facial trixes kai ligthomena malia? They represent our nation ta tsoglania! A re ksilo kai afstiro kolo$%#^#^ pou theloun oloi toys, magkakia ths plakas. And don’t even get me started on Otto, that old senile fool of a coach! But I guess we’re more senile, as a race, if we can’t produce a better coach. Now he wants the team to go back to Greece for the weekend for RR he said sta Nea, ta parafortomena mas ta paidakia, rather than work them extra hard like the dogs that they are. Disgusting!

BTW, some of you around here call him Axristea, well in my book he’s one of the few that gives it his all each and every time, and that I can respect, so in my book it’s the rest of them that’s axristoi not Aggelos.

i prefer guys that give their half, and create scoring chances, can make a simple pass on the run and finish with their feet when an open goal is forntof them.

haristea is useful only when the team is up and trying to protect a lead......other than that he is useless.....yes he does little things and breaks his ass, i agree and i respect him for that 100%

but, unlesss some is placing the ball on his head, he offers nothing by way of attack.....

if we dont have more of an offensive mentality we are done....make no mistake about it....and im afraid avraaaammmm is gonna play in place of moras.....if that happens i wont watch....he will cost us the game one way or the other......sending a guy like that to the world cup tells u all u need to know

Thinking about it lately, Avraam is not the problem. This team needs Vyntra, Papastathopoulos and Kyrgiakos in top form. THose 3 are the key to teh central d spot. Moras and Avraam are useful, but bench players.

Archived