Phantis Forums

Is the title race really over

warzycha

With 3 games left and 4 points ahead the title is Pana's to wrest away from eternal rivals Olympiakos and start a new era...I am a positive person and have no doubt the team can win these games and take the title as they have derseved it and I am sure the coaches, players and fans will give everything...

BUT just interested in what you would do if we lost the title from here. Since 1996 we have bitched, moaned, cried corruption within Greek football, has presidents attack officials etc. I was also one of those bitchers who cried foul over past 14 years.

But if Pana lost the title from here, what would you do and where to next. For me there would be no excuses anymore and I could not describe how I would feel...but probably close to a death in the family.

What are your thoughts should this happen

screwing this one up would be a nightmare that would take us a new generation of players to recover from, and being out of the CL is only going to hurt the clubs chances for signings next year.

Its not over. We've seen PAO have games where they struggle and the goals don't come, or they get careless and they can't take the 3 points. They'll have enormous pressure to finish these games.

Well, right now the club's image has taken a hit. We will win the three remaining games and we will win this title, but there are two ways of doing it:

Beat every little team by 3 or 4 goals and win the cup convincingly against Aris. Then we'll be going into the offseason on a high note.

The other way is to keep chugging along with three stressful wins and a loss in the cup final. That would be a horrible way to start the summer.

Sure there will be a fiesta, but there will be lots of doubts. I hope we opt for the first option.

I agree with Cyber. The question right now is HOW we'll win this one. And, I think it matters too.

We've got to find a way to stop chocking. I think we are the best team but we couldn't capitalize on it. Therefore, there's a problem there.

Next season we shouldn't rely on others to gift us the title. The last month or so, we collected few points. It was the others that lost more. We could have won this easily by 12+ points.

Anyway, we will all celebrate this title (titles) but it would have been sweeter to have beaten gavroi, Paok, etc.

Archived