Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos-Kavala

pao123

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-2 is a horrible-horrible result.

We had maybe two chances all game long.

Anyway, at least we didn't cope more because we could had towards the end when we were wide open.

We can't let this game drag down our fine season. It was one bad result and we need to find these lost points in a more dificult game (in Touba, at Asteras, or against Olympiakos)

Stis xares kai tis lypes mazi (but please, no more lypes we ve'had enough in the last 10 years).

what games we have? We have a crappy schedlue compared with the res. PAOK can win all of their remaining games and Olympiakos has a soft schedule.

We play

@Paok, @Panionions, Levadia, @Asteras, Olympiakos, @Atromitos, Iraklis, @ Giannina

PAOK plays

PAO< @Xanthi, Panthrakikos, @Aris, AEK, @Larissa, Kavala, Ergotelis (All in northern Greece and you know what that means)

Olympiakos plays

@Asteras today, @Ergotelis, Atromitos, @Iraklis, Giannina, @PAO, Xanthi, @Panthrakikos, Aris

Our 8 point spread was more the result of Olympiakos and PAOK sucking on a couple of games like we did today. We got hypnotized and forgot the work-rate we need to put forth to win this title. Leto, Katsouranis, Karagounis, and even Salpi today looked very casual until the 0-1.

Management got hypnotized too and forgot to address our defensive woes that were so evident today (watch Sariegi bouncing off his opponent in the second goal).

Oh, yeah, Gilberto was out today, and I hope Vgenopuolos will stop leaning on the coaches to use his pet project Cleyton who's entry disorganized our midfield today.

Now I am stuck watching the Olympiakos game. Let's hope Vlahos does his old team a favor by beating Olympiakos.

It's not over until it's over. But we've been looking complacent for a while (beginning with Aris) mainly because everyone either wanted to defend Nioblias, or wanted to knock Ten Cate, or wanted to go to sleep. The +8 became +3 in one month and all of a sudden we'll see the knives coming out.

Great performances through anarchy won't take us far, especially when they don't bring wins. Aris, AEK, Kavala are three huge blows. We still have a better team than Olympiakos and PAOK but like we saw in the game of Karaiskaki the psychological weight is not something our team manages well.

As much as I'd love to point out some things some fans here and other boards need to hear, I will follow my own advice: Let's chill out and look ahead. We are still three points ahead and we play both our main adversaries in the next few games. We can finish them off in our game and get this over with.

But we need to show urgency on the pitch. A win against Roma would be a cure for our momentum now. Let's hope it happens.

Roma must be licking their chops

We lost to GS, Atletico, and Kavala at home this season.

Roma was ALWAYS the better team. Even if we beat Kavala they would still beat the s%$#! out of us, theres no comparing the two teams. Aside from Cisse, & Gilberto, we don't have a single player that would have a chance of making that Roma lineup.

I seriously hope we field a B team, and rest Cisse/Gilberto. The Europa Cup is of honestly no urgency because were going to lose in Rome anyways, and were lets face it no way in hell going very far in the Europa. The game in Toumpa is 10 times more important. I really hope Nioplias embraces this.

We can play a full squad try our best and wear ourselves out and we'd still probably tie at best and lose in Rome. Theres no damn point.

2-0 loss to Kavala????????? WTF HAPPENED??????

How did we concede twice to Kavala at home. Oh, lets wait for the summer to get a defender.......The title is as good as ours with half a season to go :LOL:

Losing at home to any Greek team is a disgrace this season.

Were slipping fast. So much for the dream season, if anything close to this horrible a result happens again its finished.

id say its probably over last nite.

if, and thats a big if, we beat paok next week the good thing is it virtually takes paok out of the title as we go +8 from them.

but we have not had good form in big games....

in our big games we have only beaten aek (away), paok and aris at home

we have drawn with aek (home) aris (away)

lost to osfp (away) atletico (h+a) and gs (h+a)

osfp will find form now and momentum is in there favour

its not impossible but even with the +3 lead and our schedule and current form (5/12 points) its an uphill battle.

which reminds me.....5 our of 12 points.....we would of had a +10 point lead today and everything would of been cruisy going into europa league

but no....we succumb to same mistakes every year....m***kes!

I had to leave early when PAO was down 0-1 and I hoped that after I returned I'd find out that at least we got a tie! :angry:

Boy, what the hell was this? Kavala hadn't won ever in our home, and in a year when we showed signs of waking from our slumber.

Well, our opponents do control their future now. But, we do too. Take care of PAOK and OLY and we'll be fine.

Look, I'm not saying this is not a horrible result and may bring a crisis to our team, but this way we will have to show what we're made of. Maybe, maybe, it's better to play PAOK and gavro without having any margin for failure. I could see us screwing up thinking we had a comfy margin.

It would be worse to win over Kavala and lose to those 2. We now have a chance to put away our main competitors.

This is also a test of our coaching staff.... Not only they've lost precious points in the last 4 games but now they have to pull the team together. Composure and determination is the key from now on.

Archived