Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Pierikos

cyberfish

I saw the funny advertisement around the stadium: Ten Cate (tentes of course).

It's like a campground in Pierikos' box. we have the ball, we lob it in there but we generally can't come close. Cisse missed a couple of chances and Karagounis wins a lot of freekikicks and ninis tries hard. I am not sure if Cleyton is still in there...

As long as we win I don't care if Nioblias says something like "no one is going to remember how we played tomorrow" - because everyone will remember how we played tomorrow...

I don't want to forget to mention that the ref and his assistants suck, and so does the Alpha commentator.

We play like we are in panic now. 70'

Cisse just missed a tete-a-tete now. Karagounis came in for Tziolis in 60'.

So much for resting players :rolleyes:

I don't understand why we didn't stick it out with the team we had at half time. Ok it was 1-1 but we were in control. Petropoulos was terrible but we didnt have to introduce Cisse, Kara and Ninis.
I think theres definitley good reason. These guys are tougher than we expected, lets just go for the throat and win.

I think the fact that both AEK and OSFP are already eliminated means we've got every reason to seal this Cup, and why take a chance second half when was the logic. But I agree not much diff has been made. Obviously Cisse, Ninis, Kara werent planning on playing today.....

Hi guys, long time reader, first time post-er.

quick question...what would've happened if the score remained 1-1 after regulation time? do they play extra time with a possibility of a shootout or is there some kind of away goal rule?

I wasn't sure of the greek cup rules, so i was very relieved when cleyton put it away!

Thanks for the "live" posting cyberish....it's good way for readers like me to come in and get a quick summary.

Thanks,

Kosta

Hi guys, long time reader, first time post-er.

quick question...what would've happened if the score remained 1-1 after regulation time? do they play extra time with a possibility of a shootout or is there some kind of away goal rule?

I wasn't sure of the greek cup rules, so i was very relieved when cleyton put it away!

Thanks for the "live" posting cyberish....it's good way for readers like me to come in and get a quick summary.

Thanks,

Kosta

welcome to the boards.

It would have gone to extra time and then penalties

It would have gone to extra time and then penalties

Ok that makes sense!

What did Tziolis do to piss off the Pana fans? I remember him being a promising young player a couple of years ago, scored a few nice goals and thought that he could have a place on this team for years to come. Until this year were he doesn't even crack the top 18 on game day.

I missed most of the game, but from the comments on this board, I see that he didn't have the strongest of games.

Hopefully for the team (and for the player) the scouts see something good in him and a transfer happens soon.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/213018

Thanks for the warm welcome

this is what happends when you play a starting line u with half of the team seeing little to no playing time all season long...i wasnt surprised that petro couldnt do anything...has he played at all this year? apart from acouple uefa cup games and some late minutes he has seen as much time as...tziolis...darlas was very bad today too..tziolis did nothing, i hope he just ups and leaves already..i think its a bit of a disgrace that our fans boo him, but it is time for him to move on..would much rather have mattos in there..katsouranis obviously needs a break...he looks so lazy and looked very tired today...xristodoulopoulos should not start ever either..he should only be a player that will come off the bench..byarmsyr just looks scared out there...he looks like hes always frightened of making a mistake. and with the excpetion of two very bad passes looks like he is decent at distributing the ball from the defense...

we took care of it..on to the next game..

Kpanar: Welcome to our board!

I post the comments during the game because it calms me down so I don't chew my nails and punch the wall :)) I am glad you find the posts useful. I too go to boards and like to review the whole game through the live fan comments. It's amazing how much you learn about the game and how emotions turn on a dime.

I agree with pao123's assesment above. Well said.

Didn't see the 1st half but saw the second; I thought we played quite well w/ some good passes and an interesting line up w/ Kara playing further back, Cleyton toward the front and Leto occasionally shifting toward the right. Not bad. We haven't seen this until today and I wouldn't mind seeing it again depending on who we play. Sometimes its harder to score when they have 8 or 9 guys defending. Good win.

Really dissapointed with the fans behaviour toward Tziolis. How stupid; its not like he did anything to deserve that. The guy has talent; he's not an incredible or amazing player but decent, and he can be useful.

I just saw a few moments from this game. We lost lots of opportunities to score. I'm not surprised that the mentioned players didn't perform well. I don't think a player should be judged by 1 game. How would you evaluate Cisse today if he had been on the bench like the others? I thought he horribly missed a couple nice chances...

As for the cup, it's not important in my book, except perhaps this year when PAO should establish its dominance for many years to come.

I'd be for having the cup played by Greek players only... I know maybe it's not practical or legal but the cup should be for those teams that don't earn a spot in the play offs... this way they can give a chance to a lesser team to get a decent chance at winning a title.

Let's forget about this game and move on...

Kpanar, i'm not too sure why the boo Tziolis. Personally I think he's a terrible player and he isn't PAO material, but I wouldn't jeer him just because I don't think he's good enough.

Does anyone know whether he's said something or done something that's angered the fans?

Makris is 25, I checked. PAOK youth product I think.

As for Tziolis, not sensational but by no means terrible. We've had so many worse DM's in recent years, Tziolis as a good a fourth DM is as you can get. He has ups and downs, but he's pretty much never going to make the team over Gilberto, Simao, Katsouranis now.

Fans boo him because he did not leave the club in the summer, and management wanted him too. He didn't get the offer he was looking for, and PAE certainly have little expertise in dealing with transfers of any sorts but the papers and green press scattered little s%$#!-fits and now many PAO fans hate him.

I'm also a fan of the idea that only Greek nationals should play in the Greek Cup. Makes things interesting and makes the cup a display case for locally grown talent, instead of a wasted tournament that simply serves as a tournament with a somewhat realistic chance of winning for teams that will never quite win the league like PAOK and Aris. Also it gives smaller teams a chance.

Anyways, this game didn't worry me. We played a decent opponent who played all back, and we were the better team and moved on.

whos our next opponent??

Archived